PDA

View Full Version : nice pick Cowah

patsRgauranteed
01-20-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm preety sick about all this business about the steelers getting no repsect. What have they accomplished under Bill Cower? In Fact since 1980 the steelers have accomplished nothing. Pats by 10 gauranteed.

patsRgauranteed
01-20-2005, 08:33 PM
I'd also like to dispel some myths:

Myth No. 1: The pittsburg rushing offense is much better that the Pats

Pit Avg 154 YPG with 4.0 YPA

NE Avg 133 YPG with 4.1 YPA

Myth No.2 Steeler's OL is much better that PATS (Partly discredited above)

NE allowed 26 sacks out of 485 attempts

Pitt allowed 36 sacks out 358 attempts

NE forced 45 sacks

and PIT forced 41.

looks like it will Big Ben eating dirt.

PittSteelerFanatic
01-20-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm preety sick about all this business about the steelers getting no repsect. What have they accomplished under Bill Cower? In Fact since 1980 the steelers have accomplished nothing. Pats by 10 gauranteed.

Sadly, you're right. Our team has history of not being able to win big games since our run back in the dark ages. I wish I could come back at you with a better retort! Hopefully, this will finally be our year? As I had mentioned in an earlier post though, I'm not very confident.

Your world champ patsies look formidable.

Go Steelers!!

PittSteelerFanatic
01-20-2005, 09:58 PM

NE forced 45 sacks

and PIT forced 41.

Yeesh, when you look at it in black and white, the patsies do look like they have the edge. Help me out fellow fans, are we in trouble or what?

jpk1111
01-20-2005, 10:06 PM
I hope to GOD this whole post was just a stupid Joke, cause if not..... What kind of fan are you to ever doubt the STEELERS!!!

PittSteelerFanatic
01-20-2005, 10:22 PM
I hope to GOD this whole post was just a stupid Joke, cause if not..... What kind of fan are you to ever doubt the STEELERS!!!

No Joke compadre...I'm just a pragmatist I guess. Blind faith has resulted in much pain with the Steelers. I'm trying to be objective is all.

PittSteelerFanatic
01-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Though, on the bright side, Cowher has so far been able to keep this team's collective mouth quiet.

Rember in 2001-2002 when word leaked that we'd made reservations for New Orleans prior to winning anything? Ouch.

Or when Kordell shot his trap off about the best team not always winning (after his dreadful performance in the AFCC game) then having to open the next season on a Monday night, in Foxboro, watch the pats raise the SB banner, then getting spanked by the champs yet again. That was humiliating for this steeler fan.

jpk1111
01-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Well I think Any Steeler fan feels your pain, we all go through it, but as a Fan I take the good with the bad and right now its ALL GOOD, and how can anyone say Coach Cowher has done nothing in years, how many teams have gone 15-1, and he turns all his teams into a playoff contenders?? I dont mean to start any fights between fellow Steelers fans, but I just get frustrated with all the media saying we have no chance this Sunday and even more so when our own fans dont think so>:(

shevdog
01-21-2005, 03:03 AM

NE forced 45 sacks

and PIT forced 41.

Stats don't win games. The team with the most points. As this week has proved in the media, the Steelers and Patriots match up well, as definately the two best AFC teams, and it is going to be a bloody, cold battle at Heinz.

Let's get this game going!

ironcitychef
01-21-2005, 04:41 AM
I can't wait till after the playoffs when NE fans leave this board...ahem...

?First, its guaranteed not gauranteed. From dictionary.com:

guar?an?tee ? ?( P ) ?Pronunciation Key ?(grn-t)
n.
Something that assures a particular outcome or condition:

?Second, the OL is better than ours blah, blah, blah.
If you are saying that by average per rush you are better, then, uh, okay by .1 yards. ?HOWEVER, we rushed the ball 618 times to your 524, or 38.6 times a game to your 32.8. ?That gives us...uh carry the two...roughly 2464 rushing yards to your 2134(Thats three of them there football fields son) ?But since you like averages, that gives us an average of 154 rushing yards a game to your 133. ?So what does this mean? ?When push comes to shove we run not cause we need to, but because we want to. ?We rushed for 134 first downs to your 120 firsts on the ground. ?So when the all trusted measure of moving the chains comes to vote we will hang one lantern in your north church cause we are coming by land.

?Third, If you are saying that we gave up more sacks than you fine. ?But I don't think our O-line forces sacks the last time I checked. ?Besides sacks are a measure of pass blocking and son, pass blocking doesn't get you two pro-bowlers on the same line. ?No one sends you to Hawaii because you can trot backwards against the spin move. ?They send you because you take on the two DL's and free up Krieder to lay a lick on the EA pretty boy allowing a old vet like Bettis to run for 100 yards. ?That is what pays the bills.

?Fourth, thanks for giving this board another reason to show why it is quickly becoming not only the home for the best fans, but the smartest.

radaz52
01-21-2005, 01:36 PM
You can talk about the history and all the stats. But what it really comes down to his hard hittin football. Who comes off the offensive line the hardest, who makes their tackles. The team that plays the basic fundamentals of football the best will come out the winner. And I will have to say the Steelers gave birth to SMASHMOUTH football, and will show why Sunday.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2005, 07:44 PM
alright..enuff of this crap here !! We are Steelers fans, we are Steelers fans till the end of time..we arent a die hard fan base..we are NEVER SAY DIE fan base. We bleed black and gold every day of the year. We've been thru the good times and the bad times..we've won division titles, playoff games, and we won an AFC championship game. That aint all that bad ya know.

In years past, the Steelers teams have gotten full of themselves and looked past teamsin the regular season and the post season, look no further than the AFC champ game in 2001 and also against the chargers in 1995. There is no denying that.

HOWEVER..this team has defied the odds all year, we've got a rookie QB who's been the best draft pick, PERIOD, this season. We've our running game back and our physical style. We've beaten everybody we've played, and avenged our loss to the ratbirds. We've earned regular season respect and we got that.

But that means ZERO right now..we're 1-0 in the playoffs, as are the Pats. We're both in for the game of our lives and may the best team win. But don't go counting your next super bowl ring just yet pats fan !!! We can play every bit as phsyical and tuff as you can. I dont care if we dont get respect now, but after this weekend, We'll be able to say, I TOLD YOU SO !!!!! Respect is earned, and its starts on Sunday nite at 6:30pm!!!

jpk1111
01-21-2005, 10:18 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU STEELERS FANS for chiming in and shutting the mouths of those who doubt us, this week for me at least has been the worst as far as EVERYONE saying we have no chance, including some of our own "fans" if you can call them that, I never have and never will understand how someone can call themselfs a "Fanatic" and doubt the team so much. Im a FAN that cheers for my team no matter what the odds are, I believe that is what makes you a fan, I always hope, think, and believe we have a chance to win, so thank you again to the real fans out there for making me feel better...
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;D

BlitzburghRockCity
01-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Never give up hope man!! Even in the face of adversity from the ignorant!!!

ironcitychef
01-22-2005, 02:12 AM
:-[Oh...no NE replies yet?8)

CowherLover
01-22-2005, 01:09 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for the undesirables to latch on to this site and spread their ignorance. Thank god for the original members that stick around with valuable insight instead of ridiculous posts.

ironcitychef
01-23-2005, 03:48 AM
two days and counting since NE fans replied...8)

14THUMB
01-23-2005, 03:50 AM
they are SCARED:'(

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2005, 01:01 PM
The only way to keep trolls outta sites is to ban together and throw them out! Keep it up everyone!!!

There will always be trolls, but we'll take care of em!!

g2ugzm
01-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Dispelling Myths:

1. Pittsburh has fewer rushes of 20+ than NE. This means that the average is skewed. Pittsburgh is quite content to get 3-4 a carry. Thats their style. In fact, its surprising that NE doesn't hold a greater than .1 yard advantage.

2. # of sacks, gimme a break. Pittsburgh passes mainly on 3rd and longs. NE passes on all downs. Of course there will be more sacks on a team that throws when expected. Also, the number of sacks increased when Burress was out and teams played 8 in the box without the long threat. 2 things are important to look at, the number of sacks per game while Burress played ( since he will play today ) and the number on Brady when Pittsburgh played NE. Looks like Tom will be eating frozen turf.

3. NE forced 4 more sacks, big deal. Pittsburgh running style does not lend itself to going ahead by 20 points. Talentless opposing teams are not forced to pass as soon against the Steelers where teams like NE really pad their stats. Even though Pittsburgh doesn't usually get up by 20 early, the NE game was an exception. Against a patchwork hurt defense they scored often and at will. Then, they ran the ball down that defenses throat when the entire stadium knew they would run. That's not going to change.

Talk about 'genius' game plans all you want, the truth is this. NE got a close knit team of players to have their whole be greater than the sum of its parts. Right now, they have key pieces hurt and are not as good as in previous years. Noll quit being a genius when he lost his core team of the 70's. Belichick was no genius in Cleveland and with that banged up secondary, he ain't no genius today.

Steelers: 27
Patriots: 17

gaudjr
01-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Never give up hope man!! ?Even in the face of adversity from the ignorant!!!

Ignorant or .........perhaps......arrogant!!???

BlitzburghRockCity
01-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Ignorant or .........perhaps......arrogant!!???

I'd say both Rings, definately both. Ignorance comes in many fashions, and while he has the right to be confident in his team, shooting your mouth too many times ends up in losing face at the end of the game.

Nobody gave us a chance against the Pats earlier and we dispatched them promptly! We gotta just do it one more time!! We Believe!!!!!!!

dutchvanobvious
01-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Hands down, this will be the best game of the year.Top Two seeds duking it out for the right to go to the Superbowl.
The Steelers have had an awesome year, people stepping up and performing well, it is truly a TEAM effort, No matter what the outcome today, nobody will be able to take that away from them.Given the Magic of this season, it is only fitting that we be 16 and 1, when it is all said and done.Go Steelers!
http://www.ithaca.edu/students/zwilson1/steelers.html