PDA

View Full Version : Pimp your college

paw-n-maul-u
04-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Saw this on another board, thought it would be interesting to see what the responses are in here; We've been debating a lot about our first round pick at #15, but what about some guys from your alma mater that have NFL potential?

Virginia Tech:

Aaron Rouse SS- Pretty big hitter. Not very good in coverage and might be better as a LB in the NFL given his size at 6'3 220 ... before 06 season he was probably a late RD1 early RD2 pick. Pretty darn fast but not very flexible.

David Clowney WR-extremely fast. Made some big catches every once in awhile, but wasn't exactly the focal point of a not-so-high-powered VT offense. His speed might sneak him into Day 1, but most likely day 2.

Brandon Frye OT- only got to start this year, but did a pretty good job. still pretty young but seems to have a lot of upside. Really good work ethic. Early day 2 pick probably

VT PLAYERS TO KEEP AN EYE ON FOR NEXT YEAR:

Xavier Adibi and Vince Hall ... both LB's

Both will be first round draft picks and are absolute monsters. Hall's a little bigger and a tackling machine ... Adibi is quicker and just a straight up play maker. I would do anything to see one of them in the black and gold

PisnNapalm
04-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Rochester Institute of Technology. We didn't even have a football team, but we did have a championship caliber hockey team.

tony hipchest
04-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Quincy Black
Height: 6-2
Weight: 240
Position: Outside Linebacker/Strong Safety
College: New Mexico

Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange

OVERVIEW
A vastly underrated talent with excellent speed, Black found a home at New Mexico playing linebacker after beginning his career as a defensive end at Harper College. He wreaked havoc on the opposition's passing game while playing the safety/linebacker hybrid Lobo position which was made famous at UNM by All-American Brian Urlacher in 1998 and '99.

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2007, 03:14 PM
My top two.....

University of Pittsburgh:

(DB) Darrelle Revis

Height: 6-0
Weight: 200
Previous School: Aliquippa HS
Hometown: Aliquippa, Pennsylvania

(LB) H.B. Blades

Height: 6-0
Weight: 240
Previous School: Plantation HS
Hometown: Plantation, Florida

HometownGal
04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
My three picks out of PSU:

Tony Hunt RB
(6' 1-1/2, 233, 4.55/40)

Levi Brown OT
(6'5-1/2, 323)

Paul Posluszny OLB
(6'-1-1/2, 237)

steelpinstripe72
04-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Not much for NFL prospects here or at my undergrad alma mater. My undergrad alma mater is a Division III school in the Southern Tier of New York. The institution where I'm doing my graduate work has a football team that's won 3 games in the past two years. Making the jump to Division I ball hasn't helped matters much, I bet.