PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State WR Laurent Robinson visits Steelers

83-Steelers-43
04-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Illinois State WR Laurent Robinson visits Steelers

By Tribune-Revew
Thursday, April 5, 2007

Illinois State wide receiver Laurent Robinson, who improved his draft stock with an impressive performance at the NFL Scouting Combine, visited the Steelers South Side facility Thursday.

Robinson (6-2, 199) ran the 40 in 4.38 seconds at the Combine and had a 39-inch vertical jump.

He caught 86 passes for 1,465 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2005, but was limited to 40 catches for 718 yards with seven TDs last season after missing four games with an ankle injury.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_501349.html

tony hipchest
04-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Illinois State WR Laurent Robinson visits Steelers

By Tribune-Revew
Thursday, April 5, 2007

Illinois State wide receiver Laurent Robinson, who improved his draft stock with an impressive performance at the NFL Scouting Combine, visited the Steelers South Side facility Thursday.

Robinson (6-2, 199) ran the 40 in 4.38 seconds at the Combine and had a 39-inch vertical jump.

He caught 86 passes for 1,465 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2005, but was limited to 40 catches for 718 yards with seven TDs last season after missing four games with an ankle injury.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_501349.htmlthats one hell of a 2005 season. it seems the steelers are set on taking a wr. theyre definitely doing alot of studying on them. i'd be worried if they were bringing in 1st round graded talent though. usc steve smith is due for a visit as is lane college jacoby jones.

Elvis
04-05-2007, 07:35 PM
:coffee: Sounds good but I dont see the Steelers taking a WR in the first round 2 years in a row.
Jesus Saves
Elvis

polamalufan43
04-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I also don't think that we really need another WR just yet. WE might mtake one in the later rounds but right now I think there are other positions we need to address.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Those who have read some of my posts know that Laurent Robinson played here in the city I live in...and that I think he is the real thing....

That being said...he is NOT a first round pick...most sites have him going in the late third to the early fourth round ....and he would be a STEAL if we got him with one of our fourth round picks...

Stlr4Life
04-09-2007, 03:03 PM
I would like to see him be our 4th round pick also. He has great measureables.

billybob
04-22-2007, 09:24 AM
thats one hell of a 2005 season. it seems the steelers are set on taking a wr. theyre definitely doing alot of studying on them. i'd be worried if they were bringing in 1st round graded talent though. usc steve smith is due for a visit as is lane college jacoby jones.

dude get real,they already have several good recievers,did you forget about nate,and santonio?they need to get pressure on the quarterback,and in order to do that they must have the coverage downfield.if you think they need a wide reciever,you are kind of like lost.a better punting game would not hurt too much either.love your thoughts but get on the page.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-22-2007, 09:54 AM
dude get real,they already have several good recievers,did you forget about nate,and santonio?they need to get pressure on the quarterback,and in order to do that they must have the coverage downfield.if you think they need a wide reciever,you are kind of like lost.a better punting game would not hurt too much either.love your thoughts but get on the page.

Actually...the Steelers do not have a legitimate 3rd reciever...Hines and Santonio will be your 1 & 2...but Wilson and Washington are neither more than #4 recievers....so yes..we need a reciever....and will probably either draft one or pick one up in FA.
We have 9 picks so there seems to be room for a CB, .A DE, a PUnter...AND a WR.

tony hipchest
04-22-2007, 11:36 AM
dude get real,they already have several good recievers,did you forget about nate,and santonio?they need to get pressure on the quarterback,and in order to do that they must have the coverage downfield.if you think they need a wide reciever,you are kind of like lost.a better punting game would not hurt too much either.love your thoughts but get on the page.dude, like a punter? we have like 9 picks. i got on the page and saw that like 7 of the 30 prospects the steelers can invite for a visit are wr's.

make of that what you will.

HometownGal
04-22-2007, 01:59 PM

dude get real - everyone here is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. There is a way of posting respectfully when disagreeing with someone else's thought process - please get on the page and learn how to do it, k?

MasterOfPuppets
04-22-2007, 02:06 PM
DUDE!!!!.....:kick: .....:finger:

MasterOfPuppets
04-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Those who have read some of my posts know that Laurent Robinson played here in the city I live in...and that I think he is the real thing....

That being said...he is NOT a first round pick...most sites have him going in the late third to the early fourth round ....and he would be a STEAL if we got him with one of our fourth round picks...

keep in mind the last 16 yrs the steelers have drafted 11 receivers in day 2.lee mays was the most productive,so i think its safe to say all 11 have been busts.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2007, 09:34 AM
keep in mind the last 16 yrs the steelers have drafted 11 receivers in day 2.lee mays was the most productive,so i think its safe to say all 11 have been busts.

I understand ...but I think he will go day 1...and here is L. Robinsons official combine report:

02/27/07 NFL COMBINE: Robinson distinguished himself in Sundays workouts by wearing what appeared to be his "lucky" redbirds shorts, making him the only reciever in red. Then he turned in a 40 time of 4.38 seconds, particularly notable for a tall (6'2) wide reciever weighing 195 pounds. Robinson did not drop a pass in his workout session and repeatedly had to field balls thrown behind him by Quarterbacks-including Ohio States Troy Smith-who were clearly surprised by the speed of the big reciever. Specific routes -R Sideline tap-tap (1)- made a solid catch stretching for a high throw, got feet down in bounds and put the ball away cleanly. Over-shoulder Adjust drill, Troy Smith passing, slightly underthrown, turned to make the catch when the ball was coming short to him. Gauntlet (5 throws each of two times across the field, catch one from right, one from left. last one keeping feet in-bounds)- Caught all passes in each direction, easy striding, stopped quickly enough on the first sideline catch to turnup the sideline rather than continue out of bounds...Left: slant-good catch reaching for a badly thrown ball. Out-pass from Isaiah Stanback behind him, made the catch without losing stride. In-pass from Zac Taylor high, Robinson stumbled in the route but recovered to make another reaching catch. Cut well and had to slow for the ball. Go- deep throw from Jared Zabransky, caught in stride, easy catch. RIGHT: Out- pass from Jeff Rowe, made catch, quickly tucked away and able to turn up the sideline rather than go out of bounds. Curl- low pass from Troy Smith, went down to make rolling catch for the low ball. Cornerpost- Stanbeck underthrew again but Robinson able to adjust to the ball behind him and make the catch. PFW-John Muller, Chicago Tribune

MasterOfPuppets
04-23-2007, 10:38 AM
LLT you've seen the kid play,i haven't. so i'll take your word for it. he certainly does look good on paper.