PDA

View Full Version : Colts

JuniorSteelerfan
04-05-2007, 06:57 PM
I am no colts fan but i live in colts country and keep hearing about the colts going back to the super bowl next year and i think they have lost to many key players, and just wanted to see what your opinions are.

:tt02: GO STEELERS :tt02:

PAMillerGrrl83
04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
They lost several players..yes but none that I would consider "key" players. They still have Manning, Wayne, Harrison,Clark and Vinateri and the key to their defense ,Sanders. I dont know how good their chances are for a SB repeat bur I dont see why we should be worried about their one SB compared to the Steelers. Lets focus on watching our guys get back to the awesomeness we know their capable of!

RoethlisBURGHer
04-05-2007, 08:35 PM
They lost Cato June,who really stepped up big in the playoffs for that defense.

They also lost Rhodes,who was a big part of that offense and should have been the MVP of Super Bowl XLI.He brought a toughness to that offense that the other RB can't and won't.They'll go back to being soft.

Elvis
04-05-2007, 08:38 PM
The colts are still definitely talented on offense and their defense surprised alot of people late last year including myself. But do I see the repeating? No, I dont think so, because the Steelers including Big Ben are gonna be on a mission. And if our O line comes back strong and Big Ben and Co. stays healthy I think that we can return to the glory land on earth "Super Bowl"
Jesus Saves:hug:
Elvis

Livinginthe past
04-06-2007, 07:47 AM
The Colts have as good a chance as any of winning next year - they nearly always draft well and will probably fill their needs this year.

The way their offense plays, their D doesn't have to be anything more than average alot of the time.

The biggest issue will be the potential change in mentality that winning the big one brings - they could gain great confidence and become unstoppable.

Or they could lose that burning desire to prove they can win it all, now that they finally achieved it.

I am still at a total loss to explain what happened to their D in the postseason.

stillers4me
04-06-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm glad the target is on their backs instead of ours. EVERYBODY will out to beat the Colts and we're under the radar again.....where we do best.

verks36
04-06-2007, 08:11 AM
I am no colts fan but i live in colts country and keep hearing about the colts going back to the super bowl next year and i think they have lost to many key players, and just wanted to see what your opinions are.

Even if they didnt lose any key players it would still be almost immposible. It is so hard to win when every one has you circeled on there schedule and are gunning for you

They said that about the stillers last year but they also say that about every team who win the bowl.

HometownGal
04-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Sure the Colts could be legitimate contenders for a repeat, but I don't see it happening. Peytoon and his brigade of above-average wideouts are always a threat and the running game with Addai generates enough yardage to keep them honest. Defensively, they've had some changes and it is hard to predict just yet how those changes will affect their defensive schemes. They looked great in SB XLI but remember who their opponent was - da Bears with Rex Grossman. :thud:

Besides - the Steelers are going to win SB XLII, so the Colts are a moot point anyway. :tt02:

tony hipchest
04-06-2007, 10:09 AM
I am still at a total loss to explain what happened to their D in the postseason.rob morris was talking to carl banks the other day and he said the explanation was simple.

they made tackles. it started to piss them off, with all the critisizm and people calling them the worst defense. and worse, was everybody questionning if they were too small or if the scheme was wrong and ineffective. everytime when they would study the tape the players were always in the proper position, and they were simply not making the tackle. their pride took a blow and they wanted to prove everybody wrong so each defensive player took it upon themselves to actually make the play they were in position to make.

i think the colts will play more confident and relaxed next season. as long as theyre focussed and not distracted by things such as peyton riding motorcycles, or who will coach them in 08, i see no reason they should fall off their pedestal like the steelers did.

Livinginthe past
04-06-2007, 10:28 AM
rob morris was talking to carl banks the other day and he said the explanation was simple.

they made tackles. it started to piss them off, with all the critisizm and people calling them the worst defense. and worse, was everybody questionning if they were too small or if the scheme was wrong and ineffective. everytime when they would study the tape the players were always in the proper position, and they were simply not making the tackle. their pride took a blow and they wanted to prove everybody wrong so each defensive player took it upon themselves to actually make the play they were in position to make.

i think the colts will play more confident and relaxed next season. as long as theyre focussed and not distracted by things such as peyton riding motorcycles, or who will coach them in 08, i see no reason they should fall off their pedestal like the steelers did.

They definitely missed alot of open field tackles, but its still mystifying why they allowed it to continue for so long.

The Jax game was a total humiliation - maybe that was the final straw.

I think one major factor was Bob Sanders - he made alot of plays behind the LOS - he is great at diagnosing plays early and getting to the ball carrier.

We'll see how it plays out next year, I guess - thanks for the info.

tony hipchest
04-06-2007, 10:40 AM
the return of sanders made an immediate impact. he probably inspired all the players who were missing tackles to start making them. jerome bettis is perfect example of how 1 player can serve as that type of inspiration for players to rally around and step it up. i think his 3 td performance in his final home game vs detroit was probably like sanders returning like gangbusters to the line up.

vasteeler
04-06-2007, 12:10 PM
how can the colts play in the superbowl when we all know it will be the steelers who will be there:tt02: :tt02:

fansince'76
04-06-2007, 12:54 PM
how can the colts play in the superbowl when we all know it will be the steelers who will be there:tt02: :tt02:

Naw, Bengals all the way. :crazy01: :chuckle:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-06-2007, 01:14 PM

Where at in Colts country? I live in Michigan City, IN. The MC is Bears/Colts country. Alot Bears fans in Michigan City since were only 55 miles from Chicago. But since the Colts drafted Golden Boy Manning their fan base has grown alot around here and since they won the Super Bowl there is Colts fans every where around here.

I know what it feels like living in Peyton land. Its sucks bigtime.lol Its bad enough the national attention he gets but living in IN makes it worse. We hear it 24/7.lol

HometownGal
04-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Naw, Bengals all the way. :crazy01: :chuckle:

That will be impossible. By mid-season, they won't have enough players to field a team - at least 50 of 'em will be in the pokey. :chuckle:

Suitanim
04-06-2007, 03:03 PM
With Tennessee improving, and Jax being poised to take the next step, they will have tougher division games to play next year. Like NE, it's pretty nice to be able to start a season with 6 wins already penciled in, but I think that's changing...

They also will have to face a tougher out-of-conference schedule than they are used to, with homes against Denver, KC, NE and NO, and aways against SD, Carolina, Baltimore and Atlanta.

I'm already thing 10-6 for Indy next year...

I.C. Lights
04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
I just think the competition in the AFC is going to be too much for the Colts to repeat. I'm sure poor ol' BB has not slept since the pats' loss, and there's a lot of other teams who are very talented and want revenge. That the Steelers are winning the SB next year sort of precludes the colts from doing it again too ;)

Edman
04-11-2007, 02:36 PM
What the Dolts fans don't realize is that there is always the biggest threat of a Defending SB team...complacency. And winning the SB the next year still isn't so easy even if you retain most of your staff and personnel. Just ask the 2006 Steelers.

The already big target on the Colts' backs has gotten MUCH bigger. Let the Colts fans gloat. They'll get a huge wake up call next season.