PDA

View Full Version : www.Steelers.com is a cheesy website

SteelerFanInTX210
04-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Is it just me or does anyone think the "official site of the Pittsburgh Steelers" could be a little better. Ive been looking at other teams websites and ours isnt that great. Not that the website they have translates into wins, but i was just making an observation and trying to get your opinions.

NV STEELERS 723
04-07-2007, 09:53 PM
The site is a little slow on whats going on w/ the STEELERS...thats about it.....its a good reference site that is on my favorites.....

Yes I do think it could be better, but we'll just have to deal w/ it !

BettisFan
04-07-2007, 09:55 PM
yea our site has like no news and is just boring and never changes

Stlrs4Life
04-07-2007, 10:20 PM
It always wasn't the best NFL Web site that 's for sure. Not sure why either?

ChronoCross
04-07-2007, 10:24 PM
The site itself has its issues at times. Slow on news. The really bad point of that main website is there forums. You post something and sometimes takes 10 mins for it to even be shown, it is poorly coded. Then the mods there do not handle there business at all, they let a whole page clutter up on the same subjects, because everyone wants there name as the one who started the thread and never hardly ever if ever merge threads to clean things up. Its a garbage forum.

Stainless Steel
04-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Their forum stinks too. A lot of childish posters there.

SteelCityMan786
04-07-2007, 11:36 PM
That's the only beef I have with it. The forum.

GBMelBlount
04-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Is it just me or does anyone think the "official site of the Pittsburgh Steelers" could be a little better. Ive been looking at other teams websites and ours isnt that great. Not that the website they have translates into wins, but i was just making an observation and trying to get your opinions.

Welcome to Pittsburgh. Thank god for SF.

The Duke
04-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Yeah, i've seen the fins page and they have highlight vids of all their seasons, wish we had that.

MasterOfPuppets
04-08-2007, 03:24 PM

and mods.i posted there for 2 yrs. then one day i tried to log on and it said my account was terminated!:jawdrop: and i have no idea why! all i can figure is mistaken identity.anywho thats how i found this board thru a link someone provided.

mac daddy
04-08-2007, 04:32 PM
i actuallt yhink its laid out really great and i like the layout better than most of the other teams websites but it needs to update its news faster and get more intersting news upthere

polamalufan43
04-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I think it's good, but as with everything there is room to improve.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

HometownGal
04-08-2007, 07:54 PM
:thumbsup:
B-I-N-G-O! A couple of years ago, that site had some intelligent life, but the aliens took over and it became a breeding ground for flame-baiters and bandwagon jumping boo-birds. The only time I visit that site is to read some of the home page articles and that's it.

verks36
04-08-2007, 08:10 PM
The thing i hate about the site is the pole.

First the ask the same quesiton every week "who desereves the game ball"

And during the offseason it is bareley updated

JuniorSteelerfan
04-08-2007, 09:30 PM
It always wasn't the best NFL Web site that 's for sure. Not sure why either?

That is for sure maybe the site dosen't realize the steelers won a super bowl recently bringing their total to five maybe that is why the sit isn't that good.

Preacher
04-09-2007, 01:28 AM
I used to go the the site to find out about the STeelers. However, last couple of years, I have just done a Google search or come here for the news.

slashsteel
04-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Like Steelerslive I am not fond of their look. Not enough news. and the forum as many said has many childish posters. But what Steelers.com does bring is Steeler event coverage, drafted player profiles, and a decent share of quality articles when they do get around to it. Live , Post Gazette, KFFL, FFmastermind, have to fill my needs the rest of the time. :tt02:

steelersfanman92
04-09-2007, 09:12 AM
It is boring they dont have anything related to the players

memphissteelergirl
04-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I rarely visit the site anymore. I sometimes post on the MB (it was the first one I signed onto) and I get some PM's from some of the folks who I have developed a "rapport" with as it were, but technically the site is very poor. They really need to upgrade the software. Example: When the news broke about Cowher resigning, it was almost impossible to log on because it kept crashing.

19ward86
04-09-2007, 10:42 AM
the sight gives more fan news even during the season than it does player and coaching news.

fansince'76
04-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I rarely visit the site anymore. I sometimes post on the MB (it was the first one I signed onto) and I get some PM's from some of the folks who I have developed a "rapport" with as it were, but technically the site is very poor. They really need to upgrade the software. Example: When the news broke about Cowher resigning, it was almost impossible to log on because it kept crashing.

Another example: I was unable to get on that site for THREE days including and after SB XL for the same reason.

SteelerFanInTX210
04-09-2007, 12:34 PM
the sight gives more fan news even during the season than it does player and coaching news.

Exactly why do i want to hear about some guy who threw the football thirty yards into a trashcan at halftime.????

Elvis
04-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Seems like we get better info from this site than they give us some times.

verks36
04-09-2007, 08:18 PM
You think after we won the super bowl they would redo the site and make it all fancy but no they just keep it plane old boring

SteelerMurf
04-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Geeze, do they need to hire someone to run their website.

:wave:

Go to NFL.com and browse other teams sites. Ours has to be rock bottom and downright void of current team news.

rags1336
04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Steelers.com lives in Happy land :banana: :banana:

If you ever noticed all the articles begin with so and so is happy to do this and happy to do that. Tomlin is happy to be here, Harrison is happy to have the opprotunity, Carter is happy to be a Steeler.... It is defniatly a propaganda site, since nothing ever goes wrong in Happy Land. If you ever read the articles there is really no meat in them at all. On news stories they basiclly quote the post gazette.

Another problem I have with them is that I used to post a lot in their forum, and then one day my password didn't work so I stopped posting. When I tried sign up again later the moderators wouldnt let me join because my email was yahoo and this wasn't good enough for them and their precious forum. The worst though is how filtered their forum is say you wanted to type the name Adam, it would come out as A(bad word). That is rediculous!!

polamalufan43
04-10-2007, 04:40 PM
I think they are doing the best they can as of now. They usually get something different every season or so, so I guess we'll just have to wait. Even though their news isn't always the most current, I think it's the most trustworthy.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelersMongol
04-12-2007, 04:56 AM
Steelers.com lives in Happy land :banana: :banana:

If you ever noticed all the articles begin with so and so is happy to do this and happy to do that. Tomlin is happy to be here, Harrison is happy to have the opprotunity, Carter is happy to be a Steeler.... It is defniatly a propaganda site, since nothing ever goes wrong in Happy Land. If you ever read the articles there is really no meat in them at all. On news stories they basiclly quote the post gazette.

Another problem I have with them is that I used to post a lot in their forum, and then one day my password didn't work so I stopped posting. When I tried sign up again later the moderators wouldnt let me join because my email was yahoo and this wasn't good enough for them and their precious forum. The worst though is how filtered their forum is say you wanted to type the name Adam, it would come out as A(bad word). That is rediculous!!

Ha ha ha. I agree. :sofunny: That was the only site that I used to go to. My disappointment started when I wanted to see my kids' photo along with other Steelers fan kids' photos on that site. When I sent my kids' photo they pulled out all the photos (the same week) and said they were gonna post one photo per week. But I never saw my kids' photos, and sometimes they displaid some photos for 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe my kids were too ugly to have their photos online, :wink02: but later my password and username stopped working. When I asked for my password to be sent to my email, they never did. And of course, they also won't let me register another user account on the same email account. So I was really upset. :banging:

Then I found this site one day when I was looking for something by accident. Happy to be here. :tt02: