PDA

View Full Version : Running Back

JuniorSteelerfan
04-08-2007, 08:39 PM
What are the chances that the Steelers are still looking for a big back to compliment parker since they resigned Davenport to a two year deal?

Elvis
04-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I think that there is a good chance... but not early in the upcoming draft unless someone special drops to them in the 2nd or 3rd round.. I am Not real big on Najeh but he will have to do for now unless we find someone in the draft..:thumbsup:

polamalufan43
04-09-2007, 04:58 PM
I'd say there are good odds. If they wanted to keep Davenport long-term I think they would have signed him to a longer deal.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

verks36
04-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Ya i am telling you 6th-7th round the bowling ball from hawia is going to the steelers!!!

The Duke
04-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Ya i am telling you 6th-7th round the bowling ball from hawia is going to the steelers!!!

Hope so

verks36
04-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Hope so

DOnt we all

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
6th round Chris Henry

GBMelBlount
04-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I hope later, think bigger needs elsewhere, however some big SF hitters picking RB early.

ARKIESTEEL
04-10-2007, 06:26 AM
The way they are talking about running out of a spread and stuff like that you might have seen the last days of a big back in Black and Gold. Just a thought

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2007, 05:15 PM
The way they are talking about running out of a spread and stuff like that you might have seen the last days of a big back in Black and Gold. Just a thought

Brian Leonard would be able to give us the big back mentality..and is also said to have very good hands...racked up alot of reception yards for three years until they moved him to FB...

embrujo
04-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Here's your man late in the draft, Steve Baylark from Umass. Shocking that he's remained under the radar to the degree that he has.

Baylark's got four 1000yd+ seasons, you've gotta respect the production. He's a hardworking RB with good size (5'11" 225)

Spidey
04-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Marshwn Lynch rd 1 pick 15, believe it?:wink02:

SCSTILLER
04-20-2007, 10:58 AM

I hope not! That gives me visions of Famous Amos and the stupid play calling of Mularkey. I think that we will use the spread offense more than usual, but not completely. We still need a big back. I would like Leonard but I don't see him being around after the early second round, and we have more pressing needs.

nivekred
04-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Its all about value. If the right back it there in the 3rd round we take him! If Bush falls to the Steelers in the third its a pick they have to make! Too much upside for that round and pick to pass on him. Leonard will be taken in the second round by somebody, bush is moving back up the boards but to where ...... who knows!

coachspeak33
04-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I find it hard to believe that Leonard, Bush, or Hunt will fall to our selection in Rd 3...Tom Brady, M. Colston, Terrell Davis, and other late day 2 gems are the exception not the rule....

Remember that usually you get what you pay for and my apologies to Denny Green........"Cedric Humes WAS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!!!!!!"...."Noah Herron WAS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!!!!"...."Charles Davis WAS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!"....:sofunny:

Basement-Bargain-Bin shopping usually ends with DIS-satisfaction:banging:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Its clear we need to pick up a back in the draft this year...and we have to make sure its not going to be a wasted pick......I say we pic a back by the end of round 3

coachspeak33
04-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Marshwn Lynch rd 1 pick 15, believe it?:wink02:

Have another buddy :cheers: but not gonna happen:sofunny:

Spidey
04-23-2007, 09:42 AM
and why not . . .

Look at it this way . . .

OL, no one available/worthy

OLB, no one available/worthy

MLB, no one available/worthy

CB, no one worthy

DE, Jamaal Anderson possible?

WR, would be a luxury pic . . .

RB, need depth, BPA = Marshawn Lynch

Simple . . .

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Big Back Value

Round 1) Marshawn Lynch (believe it or not..a good straight line runner)

Round 2) Brian Leonard (FB his senior year but should play HB in the pros)...Tony Bush (may drop into the third round)

Round 3) Michael Bush (maybe..depending on medical prognosis)..Dwayne Wright

Round 4) Chris Henry (Will be overdrafted due to workout numbers)

Round 5) Deshawn Wynn (maturity/character issues)

Round 6) Nate Ilaoa ....Germaine Race

Round 7) Tyrone Moss .... Danny Ware

UFA) Alvin Banks...Lonta Hobbs...Ryan Cole....Jason Colson..Deshawn Baker...

pittsburghp8baller
04-23-2007, 10:30 AM
yea i was born in Hawaii and have always liked the hawaii football team i think that "Big Nasti" will be a perfect fit for the Steelers. now especially that we dont have Verron Haynes for third down and Ilaoa use to be a Receiver

pittsburghp8baller
04-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Big Back Value

Round 1) Marshawn Lynch (believe it or not..a good straight line runner)

Round 2) Brian Leonard (FB his senior year but should play HB in the pros)...Tony Bush (may drop into the third round)

Round 3) Michael Bush (maybe..depending on medical prognosis)..Dwayne Wright

Round 4) Chris Henry (Will be overdrafted due to workout numbers)

Round 5) Deshawn Wynn (maturity/character issues)

Round 6) Nate Ilaoa ....Germaine Race

Round 7) Tyrone Moss .... Danny Ware

UFA) Alvin Banks...Lonta Hobbs...Ryan Cole....Jason Colson..Deshawn Baker...

i forgot about Hobbs and Moss they are actually pretty good. we have a history of using undrafted RBs the last couple of years (Kuhn and of course Willie Parker)

Zachygrahm
04-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I was adamant about micheal bush at pick 46. I still am in some ways, but I watched his video that he sent to all the teams, showing that he has been working out. In the video his legs appear to have no muscle definition whatsoever, now of course I am not a scout nor do I work in the medical field, but I believe that the fact his legs are toothpicks might have a little to do with the broken leg earlier in the season. He also only had that one year, his junior year, with more than 100 carries. So the more I look at it, the more I am convinced hometown boy Tony Hunt is the choice.

Crushzilla
04-24-2007, 07:44 AM
I still stand by it... "Big Nasti" would be a big addition if we can snake him in the late rounds... After seeing him bowl through people in their bowl game I was sold on his physique... Bruising and deceptively quick through the gap...

BUT, I STILL stand by what else I said... we should not take a RB on the first day...

Michael Bush doesn't impress me... Remember Willis McGahee? Remember Willis McGahee after he busted his leg up? (No one is going to remember Willis McGahee after he is buried into the 20 yard line at Hines Field... :tt02: )

I realize dudes break their legs in football... Some bounce back just fine...

But what you have here is a kid fresh out of college, already a lot of wear and tear, unproven at the next level... You're really gonna throw a 3rd pick out the window on that?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2007, 08:56 AM
I still stand by it... "Big Nasti" would be a big addition if we can snake him in the late rounds... After seeing him bowl through people in their bowl game I was sold on his physique... Bruising and deceptively quick through the gap...

BUT, I STILL stand by what else I said... we should not take a RB on the first day...

Michael Bush doesn't impress me... Remember Willis McGahee? Remember Willis McGahee after he busted his leg up? (No one is going to remember Willis McGahee after he is buried into the 20 yard line at Hines Field... :tt02: )

I realize dudes break their legs in football... Some bounce back just fine...

But what you have here is a kid fresh out of college, already a lot of wear and tear, unproven at the next level... You're really gonna throw a 3rd pick out the window on that?

I like Nate also....some draft boards show him as a UFA...but I think he could go as early as the 5th round.