PDA

View Full Version : In Your Opinion Who ?

Elvis
04-09-2007, 05:23 PM
In your opinion ... Who is the most Overrated... Over Paid Player In The League Today?
Mine is QB Michael Vick...
what has he done in the NFL to give him the right to be the highest paid player in the League?
Just my opinion... so , lets hear ya'lls opinions now...

fansince'76
04-09-2007, 05:32 PM
I think Vick is a pretty good choice. The most likely reason he is so highly paid at this point is due to the simple fact that for some reason, Vick still sells tickets - lots of tickets. T.O. and Ray Ray both come to mind as well.

boLT fan
04-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Vick, Sheli Manning (the fact that he gets a paycheck makes him overrated)

Jeremy
04-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Based on the contract the Cowboys gave him, I'd have to say Leonard Davis.

MasterOfPuppets
04-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Vick, Sheli Manning (the fact that he gets a paycheck makes him overrated)
good choices :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
04-09-2007, 05:49 PM
i think nate clemants is way way to iover paid.. i mean 8 yr for 80 mill.. thats a lot of $$ for a cb.. don't get me wrong he is good but 80 mill... they prob could of gotten him a lot cheaper...

polamalufan43
04-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Um.... T.O., Ray Ray, and mini-me Manning come to mind.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

HometownGal
04-09-2007, 06:21 PM
No doubt about it - Michael Vick. Followed closely by the has-been, Ray the Knife.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Mike Vick,he's a Rb playing QB and costs his team wins many times.

ChronoCross
04-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Vick.

The Duke
04-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Vick Vick Vick

verks36
04-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Nate clements got way overpaid

But Vick wins by far the falcons should have traded him away instead of shaub exept nobody would want him

HERE IS A QUESION That sheds alot of light on this subject

WHAT RUNNING QB IN THE LAST 30 years has won a super bowl. I could only think of one. Harder than is sounds
(when i say running i mean like michel vick and Randall Cunningham and Steve Mcnair back in the day.)

PAMillerGrrl83
04-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Michael Vick and Eli Manning.

ChronoCross
04-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Nate clements got way overpaid

But Vick wins by far the falcons should have traded him away instead of shaub exept nobody would want him

HERE IS A QUESION That sheds alot of light on this subject

WHAT RUNNING QB IN THE LAST 30 years has won a super bowl. I could only think of one. Harder than is sounds
(when i say running i mean like michel vick and Randall Cunningham and Steve Mcnair back in the day.)

Steve Young was a very nice running QB who won a SB.

So many think Schaub has the tools, but not once has he won a single game. There is so much hype into Schaub it got him a nice contract, but yet he is not proven at all. Falcons actually got a steal for Schaub and got a backup who has won games as a starter and as a backup in Harrington who they just picked up.

Nate Clements - Well look at the guarantee before you look at the whole contract. He will not see all that money. He gets 22.6 mil in guarantee and its really not a 8 year 80mil deal. It actually calculates into a 6 year 44.5 mil deal. People look at the 80mil and say well he got over paid before they actually look at the contract. There is more break down in the contract so you really have to read into it. And he is avg CB at best so the guarantee you could say ya he is overpaid just by making that.

vasteeler
04-10-2007, 01:17 PM
i would have to randell el all that money for a punt returner and a # 3 receiver

ARKIESTEEL
04-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Any player on the bunguls squad:flap:

fansince'76
04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
i would have to randell el all that money for a punt returner and a # 3 receiver

Naw, Randle El is simply grossly overpaid, and the only reason he is is because Snyder is an idiot. I think the spirit of the thread is aimed more towards pointing out players who have multiple Pro Bowl appearances and the like and did not deserve them. Kinda like Vick - seems every preseason I hear the same thing about him: "Vick is going to have his breakout this year," yet it never happens.

verks36
04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Steve Young was a very nice running QB who won a SB.

So many think Schaub has the tools, but not once has he won a single game. There is so much hype into Schaub it got him a nice contract, but yet he is not proven at all. Falcons actually got a steal for Schaub and got a backup who has won games as a starter and as a backup in Harrington who they just picked up.

Nate Clements - Well look at the guarantee before you look at the whole contract. He will not see all that money. He gets 22.6 mil in guarantee and its really not a 8 year 80mil deal. It actually calculates into a 6 year 44.5 mil deal. People look at the 80mil and say well he got over paid before they actually look at the contract. There is more break down in the contract so you really have to read into it. And he is avg CB at best so the guarantee you could say ya he is overpaid just by making that.

The one i only could think of was steve young(who i have had dinner with and played catch with) but still he is the only one. So giving vick all that money when he is a running QB seems like a terrible investment. And a think i would rather have schaub on my team than vick.

Nate Clements- His total contract makes him the highest payed defensive player in the league plain and simple---- OVERPAID. There is now way an above average corner should make that much money

polamalufan43
04-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Oh how could I forget Vick, sheesh, it must of been an off day...

Seriously, now I think it would be a tie between him and TO

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

HometownGal
04-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I think Donovan McNabb is a tad overrated, too. He's had some bad luck with merry-go-round wideouts and injuries, but he doesn't seem to adjust to pressure all that well imho.

fansince'76
04-10-2007, 05:29 PM
I think Donovan McNabb is a tad overrated, too. He's had some bad luck with merry-go-round wideouts and injuries, but he doesn't seem to adjust to pressure all that well imho.

I gotta agree, HTG - when McNabb is on, he's a great QB - when he's off, he's horrible, and there doesn't seem to be any in-between with him.

Elvis
04-10-2007, 05:45 PM
:thumbsup: i think nate clemants is way way to iover paid.. i mean 8 yr for 80 mill.. thats a lot of $$ for a cb.. don't get me wrong he is good but 80 mill... they prob could of gotten him a lot cheaper...
:tt02: With that being said... I may have changed my mind... I forgot all about that Stupid contract... What would have Deion Sanders asked for in this time of play? Clements doesnt even come close to Deions talent!!!

Elvis
04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I cant agree with ya there honey... I like McNabb.. he is just very injury prone. He is what runs that team most of the time. Of course we all seen what Garcia did this past year, so maybe I'm wrong.. But I still think that Clements has Got to win this debate myself...

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
"Edge" James....Brandon Lloyd....Michael Vick....Lance Briggs (7.5 mil a year for a LB whose stats are stacked by playing in the NFC North?...please!!!)

HometownGal
04-10-2007, 06:20 PM
"Edge" James....Brandon Lloyd....Michael Vick....Lance Briggs (7.5 mil a year for a LB whose stats are stacked by playing in the NFC North?...please!!!)

I can't agree with Edge. If he had 1/4 of the OL that he had in Indy, he would have had a much better season in AZ last year. I don't think even LT or LJ could be effective behind that line - they suck. If they don't pick up some decent OLmen in the draft, Whiz and Grimm are going to be popping Valium like candy!

wedo - duly noted. We'll just have to agree to disagree on McNabb. (His Mama is so cute, though - LOL!) :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2007, 06:35 PM
I can't agree with Edge. If he had 1/4 of the OL that he had in Indy, he would have had a much better season in AZ last year. I don't think even LT or LJ could be effective behind that line - they suck. If they don't pick up some decent OLmen in the draft, Whiz and Grimm are going to be popping Valium like candy!

wedo - duly noted. We'll just have to agree to disagree on McNabb. (His Mama is so cute, though - LOL!) :wink02:

My prediction for Edge is that he is gone or will be reduced to being a "role" playing RB within 3 seasons (He will be a year shy of 30 by the beginning of this season..and out of the 9 years he has played he has only played 4 full seasons )....Whiz is going to give him a chance....but his best years are behind him.

How about a wager???If I'm right...I get two tickets from you to a game in Pittsburgh....If I am wrong...I give you tickets to see my daughters fifth grade flute recital....DEAL?

I.C. Lights
04-10-2007, 10:10 PM
It's hard to argue with Vick. I think Viniateri is overrated too. Feel free to prove me wrong, but I've always had the impression that his "clutch" kicks were from pretty unimposing distances, i.e., that he's usually been set up for success by playing for really good teams. At the end of the day, I think many NFL kickers in his position would perform just as well, but we don't hear about them ad nauseum.

I don't hear people talking about the edge so much anymore that I would consider him overrated, plus he's had a lot of injuries. McNabb's fine by me too.

ben2hines=6
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
i.c.lightsI think Viniateri is overrated too. Feel free to prove me wrong, but I've always had the impression that his "clutch" kicks were from pretty unimposing distances, i.e., that he's usually been set up for success by playing for really good teams. At the end of the day, I think many NFL kickers in his position would perform just as well, but we don't hear about them ad nauseum.

sorry gotta highly disagree there....take nate kaeding for example last year....great kicker but missed the tieing kick for the chargers in the 2nd round......its really not even close...its def vick......but throwing a name out there, maybe porter soon to be on that list...i dont see how 7 sacks gets u that much money

ChronoCross
04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
It's hard to argue with Vick. I think Viniateri is overrated too. Feel free to prove me wrong, but I've always had the impression that his "clutch" kicks were from pretty unimposing distances, i.e., that he's usually been set up for success by playing for really good teams. At the end of the day, I think many NFL kickers in his position would perform just as well, but we don't hear about them ad nauseum.

I don't hear people talking about the edge so much anymore that I would consider him overrated, plus he's had a lot of injuries. McNabb's fine by me too.

I would not consider Viniateri overrated at all. There is also a lot of kickers out there that would of missed them so called easy kicks when it come down to them winning all there SBs by 3 points off of his kicks. Putting kickers in pressure situations is not a easy way to kick a field goal. To do what he does when the game is on the line is really good for his profession. And Viniateri has showed game after game he can do it when its online. That is not being overrated. That is just being good.

For the longest time people called VanderShank the most accurate kicker in the league but what they failed to mention was that VanderShank a so called great kicker of his time made only about 60% of his kicks when tied are coming from behind. Bringing up Viniateri and saying any kicker can do what he does when put in the same situation and calling him overrated is just showing lack of knowledge in the kicking game on your part. Not knocking ya just simple saying its not as easy as you think it is for another kicker to do it in the same position.

MACH1
04-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Vick, Owens and possibly Shaun Alexander