PDA

View Full Version : No Season for Pacman; Henry Out 8 Games

Steelers
04-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2832015)

Player's Union will undoubtedly appeal this, but for now it stands.

Steelers / Bungles ... week 9

Hahaha WVU fans... :dang:

fansince'76
04-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm sure Upshaw and Co. will get the penalties reduced. IMO, they both need to be thrown out of the NFL for good now, not given yet another shot at reinstatement. As far as I'm concerned they both used up their chances long before now.

83-Steelers-43
04-10-2007, 01:34 PM
8 games? LOL. Unbelievable.

Buzz05
04-10-2007, 01:51 PM
All he gets is 8 games? I was hoping for the season.

verks36
04-10-2007, 02:04 PM
to me at least for pacman a season seems a little harsh.

when tank johnson had a whole army in his basement and he got like one game

Jeremy
04-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Pacman is facing two potential felony charges.

I think he should have been banned from the league, but that's just my opinion.

fansince'76
04-10-2007, 02:15 PM
to me at least for pacman a season seems a little harsh.

Tell that to the guy who is now in a wheelchair for the rest of his life thanks to this fool.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Pacman suspended for season; Henry gets eight games

NEW YORK (AP) The NFL has suspended Adam "Pacman" Jones for all of the 2007 season and Chris Henry received an eight-game suspension -- both for numerous violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

"It is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement announcing the suspensions. "These players and all members of our league have to make the right choices and decisions in their conduct on a consistent basis."

Jones' off-field conduct has included 10 incidents where he was interviewed by police. The most recent took place in Las Vegas during the NBA All-Star weekend. Las Vegas police have recommended felony and misdemeanor charges against Jones after a fight and shooting at a strip club that paralyzed one man.

Henry was arrested four times in a 14-month span, resulting in two benchings by coach Marvin Lewis and a two-game league suspension. He was one of nine Bengals arrested in nine months.

Who here thinks Chris Henry can go eight games deep into the season without getting in trouble again???

fansince'76
04-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Who here thinks Chris Henry can go eight games deep into the season without getting in trouble again???

Using CS85's logic, no way - he'll "have too much time on his hands." :chuckle:

polamalufan43
04-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Pfh, at least they got something. Although I was hoping for a season for Henry....

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

ARKIESTEEL
04-10-2007, 03:29 PM

We should get a pool going on this sounds like alot of fun betting on this loser:thumbsup:

polamalufan43
04-10-2007, 03:31 PM
We should get a pool going on this sounds like alot of fun betting on this loser:thumbsup:

Hahaha....

Good point. Knowing him he'll keep himself busy by trying to get into more trouble.
I wonder, can you get expelled from the NFL???

ARKIESTEEL
04-10-2007, 03:35 PM
I am in for he dont last 6 season games

fansince'76
04-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I think Henry's issues may be due to "cultural" differences - the guy is not from this planet:

http://garys-files.googlegroups.com/web/chrishenrymugshot.jpg http://garys-files.googlegroups.com/web/trial_by_fire1.jpg

:toofunny:

Stlr4Life
04-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Tell that to the guy who is now in a wheelchair for the rest of his life thanks to this fool.

My thoughts exactly. This is why I can't believe it when people say that his punishment is a little to harsh. Does anyone know if the other bouncer is alright?

ARKIESTEEL
04-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Man that dude has a face just built for a fist:dang: :banging:

PAMillerGrrl83
04-10-2007, 04:01 PM
I think they both deserved what they got. I heard on ESPN that Tank Johnson will have a meeting the same as Pacman Jones and Chris Henry so thats still to be decided.

steelerbackr4life
04-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Im curious to see if the Jones suspension has any wording in it that would A, Make the penalty lifetime if he is found guilty after trial and or cops a plea admitting guilt to some lesser charge. Or B, if he is able to mount a Cochran like defense and comes out not guilty. Will he then get paid for time missed and possible incentives in his contract?

polamalufan43
04-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Im curious to see if the Jones suspension has any wording in it that would A, Make the penalty lifetime if he is found guilty after trial and or cops a plea admitting guilt to some lesser charge. Or B, if he is able to mount a Cochran like defense and comes out not guilty. Will he then get paid for time missed and possible incentives in his contract?

I think he'll lose money, and there might be incentives to keep him outta jail but we all know he'll just ignore them all. As for Chris being, well, other-worldly to say the least, I did see a strange light coming from Cinci the other night. While I thought this was just another Bungal server exploding, it might have been the "mothership"

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2007, 04:44 PM

The specific conditions that apply to Jones' suspension include the following:

*He must have no further adverse involvement with law enforcement.
*He must fully cooperate with all required counseling, education, and treatment assigned under league or court-ordered programs.
*He must adhere to the restrictions on his activities that have been agreed to by he and the Titans.
*He may not be at the Titans' facility through May 31 and may not participate in any practices or organized workouts during the term of the suspension. Beginning June 1, he must visit the team facility once each week to meet with the team's player development director. Also, beginning June 1, he is permitted to spend one day a week at the team facility for conditioning, film study, and other similar activities.
*In conjunction with the team's player development director and other professionals working with him, Jones must develop with the Titans a structured program of community service or other activity. This program must be submitted to the league office for review and approval.

Henry will be reinstated after the Bengals' eighth regular-season game if he meets certain conditions during his suspension that will be monitored closely by the Bengals and the NFL. Those conditions include the following:

*He must have no further adverse involvement with law enforcement. (not a chance in hades)
*He must fully cooperate with all required counseling, education, and treatment assigned to him under league programs. (counselors who think he has a problem were never "real counselors" in the first place)
*He is eligible to be at the Bengals' facilities during the rest of the offseason for customary activities and he must meet weekly with the team's player development director. (customary activities=smoking the reefer)
*If he fully complies with all other conditions, he may participate in the Bengals' training camp and preseason games. (That my friends would be the largest IF this world has ever known)
*During the regular season, he is permitted to be at the Bengals' facility for team meetings and must meet weekly with the team's player development director, but he may not attend or participate in practice. (may not participate in practice?...and that is different....how?)
*He must fully comply with all conditions imposed on him by any court, including requirements of community service. (sooooo he has to clean his own cell?)

polamalufan43
04-10-2007, 04:46 PM
The specific conditions that apply to Jones' suspension include the following:

He must have no further adverse involvement with law enforcement.
He must fully cooperate with all required counseling, education, and treatment assigned under league or court-ordered programs.
He must adhere to the restrictions on his activities that have been agreed to by he and the Titans.
He may not be at the Titans' facility through May 31 and may not participate in any practices or organized workouts during the term of the suspension. Beginning June 1, he must visit the team facility once each week to meet with the team's player development director. Also, beginning June 1, he is permitted to spend one day a week at the team facility for conditioning, film study, and other similar activities.
In conjunction with the team's player development director and other professionals working with him, Jones must develop with the Titans a structured program of community service or other activity. This program must be submitted to the league office for review and approval.

Henry will be reinstated after the Bengals' eighth regular-season game if he meets certain conditions during his suspension that will be monitored closely by the Bengals and the NFL. Those conditions include the following:

He must have no further adverse involvement with law enforcement.
He must fully cooperate with all required counseling, education, and treatment assigned to him under league programs.
He is eligible to be at the Bengals' facilities during the rest of the offseason for customary activities and he must meet weekly with the team's player development director.
If he fully complies with all other conditions, he may participate in the Bengals' training camp and preseason games.
During the regular season, he is permitted to be at the Bengals' facility for team meetings and must meet weekly with the team's player development director, but he may not attend or participate in practice.
He must fully comply with all conditions imposed on him by any court, including requirements of community service.

Wow, mucho info and help. Thx LLT..

Preacher
04-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I still can't help but remember....

Do all of you remember when one of the Steeler linebackers was in a bar fight? I think it was Jason Gildon.

A couple men were harrassing a woman. When it went too far, Gildon stood up and kicked thier butts? The steelers did nothing.

And they were right, as was Gilden. We need more men like THAT in the NFL...

(Gildon comes to mind, but tell me if it was someone else... I don't remember).

polamalufan43
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM

Do all of you remember when one of the Steeler linebackers was in a bar fight? I think it was Jason Gildon.

A couple men were harrassing a woman. When it went too far, Gildon stood up and kicked thier butts? The steelers did nothing.

Yeah, I remember something like that happening. And in that case, I think it was perfectly fine, I mean, he was helping the lady by getting the harassment to stop, I guess the Steelers thought that too. But the Bengals do not have this luxury. Henry actually did something offensive that didn't have good intentions.

83-Steelers-43
04-10-2007, 05:19 PM

Gildon did get arrested during a bar fight back in May of 06 but I never heard anything about Gildon sticking up for a woman who was being harrassed. If anything, a woman with the man Gildon punched accused Gildon of stepping on her foot and causing a hairline fracture and contusion.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Gildon did get arrested during a bar fight back in May of 06 but I never heard anything about Gildon sticking up for a woman who was being harrassed. If anything, a woman with the man Gildon punched accused Gildon of stepping on her foot and causing a hairline fracture and contusion.

I thought the woman was Carson Palmer and the Steeler was Kimo??....but my memory isnt what it used to be.

83-Steelers-43
04-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Here are two articles pertaining to the Gildon arrest. In both articles I don't see anything pertaining to Gildon sweeping in from the sky like Superman and rescuing the damsel in distress.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/steelers/9262478/detail.html

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/sports/local_story_145071238.html

By the way, back in 03 he was arrested for disorderly conduct and defiant trespass at another nightclub. The guy might want to take some anger management classes with Greg Lloyd. Just a suggestion.

83-Steelers-43
04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Player's Union will undoubtedly appeal this, but for now it stands.

I disagree. I think the players union are just as tired of these two bums as most level headed fans are at this point.

Elvis
04-10-2007, 05:39 PM
I hate it for these 2 guys but they have to learn to keep their noses clean. These or alot of NFL players take playing in the League for granted. They must be used as an example.. and the new commisioner has made the best first step as taking over his job.. Good Job Commish!!!

Elvis
04-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I disagree. I think the players union are just as tired of these two bums as most level headed fans are at this point.
:thumbsup: I hope that your right....

RoethlisBURGHer
04-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Pacman's punishment isn't harsh enough.He should have been banned for ever.

He probally won't be payed anything and will lose all and any bonuses this season.

Henry deserved a year IMHO,not half of one.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Should we share this information with the Bengals forums....all those with A.M. radios dont know that that they can use them after noon.

fansince'76
04-10-2007, 09:24 PM
I can hear the excuses already - "We didn't have our 3rd WR, who is the best 3rd WR in the history of the game at any level, which is why you owned us again. But we're still better than you." :rolleyes:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I can hear the excuses already - "We didn't have our 3rd WR, who is the best 3rd WR in the history of the game at any level, which is why you owned us again. But we're still better than you." :rolleyes:

"The Judge and the Commisioner were Steeler fans!!!"

83-Steelers-43
04-10-2007, 09:33 PM
"George Bush hates Chris Henry."

ChronoCross
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Totally great info.. Even tho I would like to see someone like anklebiter jones out of the league.

GBMelBlount
04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Should we share this information with the Bengals forums....all those with A.M. radios dont know that that they can use them after noon.

Holy crap, wish we had a thread for all-time hysterical posts. THIS IS A RIOT!:sofunny:

fansince'76
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
"The Judge and the Commisioner were Steeler fans!!!"

Good point - I neglected to mention the obligatory whinefest about the refs after we kick their asses again.

I.C. Lights
04-10-2007, 09:58 PM

Good point. This will be interesting to see if the union backs any appeal coming directly from one of the players. In any event, an appeal is likely to fail assuming there's language indicating that players can be suspended at the discretion of the commissioner for criminal conduct. I'm not a players' contract expert, but i imagine that if you can find such language in either the contract or CBA, they're pretty much SOL. :tt02:

Edman
04-11-2007, 07:51 AM
As an NFL fan, I could never be any more satisfied. It's about time the NFL layed down the hammer of justice. Something had to be done. Some say the penalty was harsh? Total unadulterated BS. If you ask me, Henry should've gotten more than 8 games. Players need to be held accountable for their actions. Good Job, Goodell.

I agree with most who said Upshaw and the players union will whine and get the sentences reduced. They'll pull any kind of excuse out of their hat. They'll probably call Jesse Jackson and scream politcal incorrectness and stereotypes on TV.:sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Chris Henry has all the luck...although suspended for 8 games....his suspension falls during the late September to mid-October marijuana harvest season. :smoker:

steelerbackr4life
04-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Chris Henry has all the luck...although suspended for 8 games....his suspension falls during the late September to mid-October marijuana harvest season. :smoker:

:toofunny: How truly fortunate he is !

ChronoCross
04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
WERE PACMAN AND PUKEMAN ALMOST BANNED FOR LIFE?

NFLPA president Troy Vincent tells the Buffalo News that Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones and Bengals receiver Chris "Pukeman" Henry might have gotten off lucky with their suspensions in the amount of one season and eight games, respectively.

Per Vincent, there was talk of suspending them for life.

Though it's unclear whether the league ever intended to go so far -- or whether the union had a role in negotiating a lower penalty -- the reality is that the league could have kicked them both out, without recourse.

As we've previously explained, the appeal rights under the Personal Conduct Policy are limited to review by the Commissioner "or his designee." So unless the Commish simply changes his mind, the decision made the first time around likely won't be any different than the decision made the second time around. Though some might regard a reduction in penalty on appeal as an act of mercy, others would view it as evidence of wishy-washiness. Thus, we'd be shocked if the Commish were to ever shorten as part of the appellate process a suspension imposed under the Personal Conduct Policy.

The problem, to our increasing amazement, is that the NFLPA has done nothing to secure a genuine appellate review process as part of the negotiations culminating in the revised Personal Conduct Policy.

Said one league insider: "How do they approve a new policy that gives the Commissioner the ability to suspend the players and then he hears the appeals on the same issue? This is exactly what the NFLPA is supposed to protect the players from. The NFLPA accepted new rules outside of the CBA and not only did not receive any concessions but they do not have a true appeal process. The NFLPA's current appeal process was bad enough with everything going to [Roger] Kaplan, and you would have thought they learned something going in front of Congress to defend their kangaroo court.

The final sentence of that paragraph is a reference to the efforts last year of suspended agent Carl Poston to apply political pressure to the NFLPA in an effort to get the union to adopt new procedures for disciplining agents. Poston's connections resulted in a hearing before a House subcommittee.

"While Pacman and Henry aren't exactly the poster boys to address this issue," the source said, "you better believe at some point this will become an issue and the player will have no true recourse. [Roger] Goodell is judge, jury, and executioner and the NFLPA gave him that right. Now they will have to negotiate to change it and give a concession in return. Perhaps it is the NFLPA's leadership who should be suspended and appear before Kaplan. I doubt any of the suspended agents would have let something like this pass. To me, this is beyond incompetence."

We wish that the folks who talk to us would tell us what they really think. . . .

Meanwhile, Vincent's comments to the Buffalo News contain no indication as to whether the union will take advantage of the hollow appeal rights embedded in the Personal Conduct Policy. The NFLPA otherwise has been silent in this regard, even though 48 hours have now passed since the suspensions were announced.

Maybe the union realizes that pursuing an appeal would only result in more attention being given to the fact that the process to which the union agreed is the equivalent of a 15-year-old kid who has been grounded for taking the car for a 4:00 a.m. cruise asking his parents, "Are you sure?"

PFT

83-Steelers-43
04-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Pacman says NFL is making him a poster boy: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2837173

"I think it was a little bit harsh," Jones said. "I expected the suspension, but for a whole year for a guy that hadn't been charged with nothing? I really didn't agree with it. But for the most part, I'm taking it like a man. I'm going to appeal it. We'll see what the future brings."

Yeah, "we'll see what the future brings"......another arrest is my guess. Hopefully it doesn't result in a guy ending up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life like your last one huh Pacman?

fansince'76
04-14-2007, 05:03 PM
"I think it was a little bit harsh," Jones said. "I expected the suspension, but for a whole year for a guy that hadn't been charged with nothing? I really didn't agree with it. But for the most part, I'm taking it like a man. I'm going to appeal it. We'll see what the future brings."

Mmmm....no you're not, Adam. A real man owns up to the consequences of his actions. Your actions and words up to this point have indicated quite the opposite. Assclown.

polamalufan43
04-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Mmmm....no you're not, Adam. A real man owns up to the consequences of his actions. Your actions and words up to this point have indicated quite the opposite. Assclown.

Agreed.
Own up, pay the price, and change the 'tude...