PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Rooms?

Stlrs4Life
04-10-2007, 09:17 PM
How many out there have Steeler rooms made? Where you watch the games at? Any pics? My brother and me are putting one together up at my mothers house. Trying to get some ideas together.

ARKIESTEEL
04-11-2007, 06:27 AM
I got one let me get some pics together. A big TV and a bar are a must as well as a fridge. After that I would maybe line the walls with stuff you have signed. If you recall when I came to your tailgate and had all of the folks sign the towel I have that on the wall. Framed SI covers look cool as well.

HometownGal
04-11-2007, 07:22 AM
I got one let me get some pics together. A big TV and a bar are a must as well as a fridge. After that I would maybe line the walls with stuff you have signed. If you recall when I came to your tailgate and had all of the folks sign the towel I have that on the wall. Framed SI covers look cool as well.

Good suggestions Arkie! :thumbsup: I don't have a "Steelers room" per se - all of my Steelers memorabilia is combined with my Pens and Pirates stuff and confined to my bedroom, but it's quite obvious when entering that I am a huge supporter of my hometown teams!

Good luck Dom - I'm sure your Steelers room will rock! :banana:

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics when it's all done, Dom, as well as yours, Arkie!

steelerbackr4life
04-11-2007, 08:39 AM
My family room is combined for my 2 favorite teams Steelers and Yankees. They both get equal space. Every place there is a break in a wall ie door, window, plasma I alternate Steelers Yankees Steelers Yankees. Some small pics and others large I have a huge one of Lambert over my fireplace from Superbowl 9. On either side of the Plasma I have a panaromic picture one is Yankee Stadium the other is Heinz field. It carries over every where right down to the glass shelf that holds my center channel speaker. On one side there is a Yankee batting helmet and on the other is a Steeler Helmet. The best is during the football season I place a Bungal sticker in the toilet. For baseball it is one of the Red stockings.

83-Steelers-43
04-11-2007, 02:18 PM
My "room" is not exactly a Steeler room, it's a sports room with mostly Pittsburgh sports related pictures/autographs. I also have pictures of a Steeler helmet signed by Ham, Noll, Lambert, Swann, Stallworth, Webster and Blount. Also, a ball signed by everybody on the 70's Steelers.

The room also consists of autographs signed by John Elway, Clemente, Mantle, Merris, a good number of other Yankee players, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, Gordie Howe, Sidney Crosby, Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, Jaromir Jagr, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Nolan Ryan, MAZ and Payne Stewart. Here are some pictures if you are interested......

83-Steelers-43
04-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Here are more.......

Jeremy
04-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Didn't we used to have a thread about this?

steelerbackr4life
04-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Nice pics 83 thanks for sharing. You know the Mick was laughing at Williams because he just whispered 1918 in his ear. :toofunny:

83-Steelers-43
04-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Nice pics 83 thanks for sharing. You know the Mick was laughing at Williams because he just whipered 1918 in his ear. :toofunny:

I thought you'd like that one. :wink02:

steelerbackr4life
04-11-2007, 02:40 PM
The one with Gretz Howe and Mario was good too Ive never seen that one.

83-Steelers-43
04-11-2007, 02:42 PM
The one with Gretz Howe and Mario was good too Ive never seen that one.

The actual picture was taken a few years back during the playoffs. I'm not sure if you remember the commercials I believe NBC was running at the time where they had the three of them walking around the pond? Well anyways, that's when that took place. It's a pretty cool signed picture if you take out that killer glare..lol.

steelerbackr4life
04-11-2007, 03:03 PM
I do remember them I think it was the last playoff before the lockout.

83-Steelers-43
04-11-2007, 07:43 PM
I do remember them I think it was the last playoff before the lockout.

If you get a chance and have any photo's/autographs of past Yankee's I'd like to see them. Only if your willing. Thanks.

tony hipchest
04-11-2007, 08:08 PM
If you get a chance and have any photo's/autographs of past Yankee's I'd like to see them. Only if your willing. Thanks.i got dale berra to sign a card as a kid in pittsburgh. does that count?

just to date myself- rich hebner, jason thompson, tony pena, chuck tanner, manny sarmiento sp? etc., are some of the others i got. (yeah, the pirates have always sucked when i see them).

although i have alot of steelers stuff (and am a much bigger steelerfan than nascar) i have a nascar room with over 1000 die casts. the 1:64 scales are everywhere and i dont even have enough room to hang them.

83-Steelers-43
04-11-2007, 08:11 PM
i got dale berra to sign a card as a kid in pittsburgh.

Very cool TH, same with the Chuck Tanner autograph.

tony hipchest
04-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Very cool TH, same with the Chuck Tanner autograph.my uncles buddy has been a groundskeeper/locker room attendant for the penguins, and pirates for years. my brother has one of mario lemieuxs practice sticks from like 95. i got a warm up ball from the pirates. ive had it for over 20 years, and my dogs got a hold of it last year and chewed it up. :banging: :banging: :banging: i still got the ball of twine w/o the leather though :thumbsup:

BASTARDS!

Stlrs4Life
04-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks everybody.

Nice pics 83!

tony hipchest
04-11-2007, 09:56 PM
sorry stlrs, i didnt offer much input, other than my room is "wallpapered" with hundereds of dicasts still in their packaging. i know clevestinks has a huge pennant collection. 83-steelers seems to have his walls decked out in framed photos.

i would suggest one central theme to be your background (wallpaper) and then build around that. even a room checker boarded with terrible towels tacked to the walls would be awesome but not cheap.

GBMelBlount
04-11-2007, 10:04 PM
My "room" is not exactly a Steeler room, it's a sports room with mostly Pittsburgh sports related pictures/autographs. I also have pictures of a Steeler helmet signed by Ham, Noll, Lambert, Swann, Stallworth, Webster and Blount. Also, a ball signed by everybody on the 70's Steelers.

The room also consists of autographs signed by John Elway, Clemente, Mantle, Merris, a good number of other Yankee players, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, Gordie Howe, Sidney Crosby, Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, Jaromir Jagr, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Nolan Ryan, MAZ and Payne Stewart. Here are some pictures if you are interested......

Dude, how eclectic!!!!!! Love the Mantle - Williams!!!!!! :cheers:

steelerbackr4life
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
If you get a chance and have any photo's/autographs of past Yankee's I'd like to see them. Only if your willing. Thanks.

This one was real hard to get because of the light coming down from my landing but it is Joe D sliding safely into third base against the Red Stockings.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/yjfund/DSCF1162.jpg

This is a view from one end of my family room it is of the t.v. the pic to the left is Yankee Stadium to the right is Heinz Field. The retired numbers on the soffet above are in the same order and design as they are in Monument Park my wife made them. Notice the pic of Hines and Bus on the adjacent wall that is a Steeler section.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/yjfund/DSCF1165-2.jpg

steelerbackr4life
04-12-2007, 12:29 PM
This is a painting of great players past and present

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/yjfund/DSCF1172.jpg

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-12-2007, 12:39 PM
How many out there have Steeler rooms made? Where you watch the games at? Any pics? My brother and me are putting one together up at my mothers house. Trying to get some ideas together.

I have a Steeler bathroom ...just off the family room...Big Helmet on one wall...Big Steelers emblem on another wall...and all the SI magazines from the SB run are framed and hung....

....I am giving serious consideration to painted a tiny Bengals logo in the bottom of my toilet....REALLY!!!....how cool to go #1 or #2 on the Bengals EVERYDAY!!!!!...I know that it is SICK & WRONG...but I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!!:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

steelerbackr4life
04-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I have a Steeler bathroom ...just off the family room...Big Helmet on one wall...Big Steelers emblem on another wall...and all the SI magazines from the SB run are framed and hung....

....I am giving serious consideration to painted a tiny Bengals logo in the bottom of my toilet....REALLY!!!....how cool to go #1 or #2 on the Bengals EVERYDAY!!!!!...I know that it is SICK & WRONG...but I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!!:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Just get a vinyl coated sticker. I change mine from (with gloves of course) Bungal to Red Stocking depending on the season. :thumbsup:

83-Steelers-43
04-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks steelerbackr4life, very cool pictures. Really like the DiMaggio picture.

ARKIESTEEL
04-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I sent HTG my pics to post but she wont posts them till tonight....one of the pics Is of Bam Morris and my little girl.

steelerbackr4life
04-12-2007, 01:10 PM
No Problem When the sun shifts to the other side of the house Ill try to get a better one.
On a side note I have a friend of my fathers who was the yankee bat boy in 1961 and 1962. He has so much wonderfull memorabilia including a ball sighned by Roger Maris that simply says under his signature "61" .

When he had his house built in Florida he had a fireproof room/vault put in to hold everything. It is like walking in a miniature museum. Every time he visits I am extra special nice to him.

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Didn't we used to have a thread about this?Yes.

Stlrs4Life
04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Yes.

Sorry, didn't see it.

Great pics, and nice room Vinnie. Love that TV! Great Idea!

HometownGal
04-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Arkie asked me to post these pics for him. Great job on the Steelers room Ark! :tt02: :cheers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PGHLADYmlg/Doug1.jpg

stlrtruck
04-13-2007, 09:46 AM
I have one in my mind but it won't come together until after my youngest gets out of the room she is in which won't happen until my oldest daughter moves out which only the Lord knows when that will be...

But I have great ideas!!!

steelerbackr4life
04-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Sorry, didn't see it.

Great pics, and nice room Vinnie. Love that TV! Great Idea!

Thanks Dom, Im sure you and Ritchie will come up with something good for your Mom!

ChronoCross
04-13-2007, 10:52 AM
welp ill see if I can get this digi to work. and if I do ill post some of the work we have finished. One of the kids dropped my camera and sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

Edit;
Got it to work.. now just have to wait till the sun goes down to get the pics I want..

steelersfanmx
04-13-2007, 03:31 PM
WOW... those are great pictures lloydfan ...:thumbsup:
you have a lot of cool stuff!... is like a hall of fame in your own house!...LOL:tt02:

steelerbackr4life
04-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Nice array of stuff. What does the letter say?

stlrtruck
04-13-2007, 03:36 PM
As I posted in another thread, Woodsonsgirl and I will be moving to a new house in about a month and a half.

Here are a few pictures from our Steeler room right now. The Steeler room at the new house will be much bigger and better.
(No, there won't be flowered paneling in the new room!) :flap:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/lloydfan4life/Steeler%20Room/1.jpg

There are 15 more pictures of our room here... http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/lloydfan4life/Steeler%20Room/

You don't need to adopt me but would you put me in your will? Just in case, God forbid, something happened to you. Wouldn't want those valuables to get in the wrong hands.

12+88=6
04-13-2007, 04:36 PM
As I posted in another thread, Woodsonsgirl and I will be moving to a new house in about a month and a half.

Here are a few pictures from our Steeler room right now. The Steeler room at the new house will be much bigger and better.
(No, there won't be flowered paneling in the new room!) :flap:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/lloydfan4life/Steeler%20Room/1.jpg

There are 15 more pictures of our room here... http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/lloydfan4life/Steeler%20Room/

is that a john kuhn autographed photo on the wall?

and what would you want for that bettis jersey, if it's a large?

steeler-dude
04-13-2007, 04:40 PM
I have a Steelers Room, but it won't let me post pics because I don't have 50 posts yet.

:shake01:

ChronoCross
04-13-2007, 04:53 PM
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6296/071307025au4.jpg

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/610/071307027sk5.jpg

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3411/071307029yu1.jpg

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/978/071307017yl1.jpg
Forgot to set date on camera for this pic.. lol..

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9236/071307028ev8.jpg

Its a work in progress. We still have to redo the ceilings and we have a friend coming over to do a nice painting on the ceiling. I still have a lot of stuff to hang and over 30 more hats to go up and so forth. So hopefully were finish within the month.. But its looking good so far. I live in colts land and my family are colts fans and they hate to walk thru. One of the wifes friends came in and made a remark and I kindly told him the guns were in the bedroom, he about ran out the door.. lol.. wife told me to be nice to the lonely colts fan.. We have a couple steelers curtains coming to for the windows.

steelerbackr4life
04-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Nice room. Thanks for the pics.

ChronoCross
04-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Cool room Chrono! I like the paint scheme! Thanks for sharing those pictures! :cheers:

Thks, I love all the Lloyd stuff and all the great pics and setup you have.

Big7BenHOF
04-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Hey Lloydfan, that's a sweet room! You have a lot of cool stuff.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Just get a vinyl coated sticker. I change mine from (with gloves of course) Bungal to Red Stocking depending on the season. :thumbsup:

Excellent Idea!!!..I may have to get a Bengal...Ravens..and Browns sticker!!!!