PDA

View Full Version : NBC versus CBS versus ESPN

Jeremy
04-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Ok folks. Here's a what if question for everyone.

If you were in charge of handing out TV contracts to the different networks, which network would you give the best games to? NBC, ESPN, or CBS?

I'm going with NBC for no real reason. What about you?

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Espn Their games in HD blow the other two away.

boLT fan
NBC

Say what you want, but football is better with John Madden and Al Michaels.

Dynasty
nbc, i like their telecast, and they are available everywhere

MACH1
04-11-2007, 05:36 PM
nbc, i like their telecast, and they are available everywhere

Not exactly, thats why I have Sunday Ticket.

To answer the question espn hd.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-11-2007, 05:50 PM
ESPN because their HD games are kick ass.

Elvis
04-11-2007, 05:56 PM
As long as I dont have to listen to Mike Buck and Troy Aikman on FOX I dont care what channel it is... they are as close to a joke announce team the 2000' ABC Monday Night Team... What a joke...
I would have to vote for CBS though.

Atlanta Dan
04-11-2007, 06:12 PM
NBC or CBS - they run pre-game clown shows that only last an hour then simply broadcast the games.

The ESPN hype machine in every sport (Berman, Vitale, Stu Scott, Michael Irvin until recently) in which the presentation and not the game is the story lost me years ago. Exhibit #1 is the insufferable "celebrity" interview on MNF that blows a chunk out of the 2nd or 3rd quarter of the game every week.

fansince'76
04-11-2007, 06:18 PM
The ESPN hype machine in every sport (Berman, Vitale, Stu Scott, Michael Irvin until recently) in which the presentation and not the game is the story lost me years ago. Exhibit #1 is the insufferable "celebrity" interview on MNF that blows a chunk out of the 2nd or 3rd quarter of the game every week.

I HATE ESPN. It's a shame, because it used to be such a great network before they got into the business of creating stories and controversies in sports (see SB XL officiating whinefest, which they were the main culprits of) rather than simply reporting them. Nowadays, the only time I watch ESPN is if there is a Steelers game being broadcast on it.

BettisFan
04-11-2007, 06:27 PM
NBC lets watch madden for as long as we can

fansince'76
04-11-2007, 06:32 PM
NBC lets watch madden for as long as we can

Mmmm....why, exactly? To listen to "blah, blah, blah, Brett Favre this, Brett Favre that" even when it's not even a Packers game he's covering? Madden lost it years ago - right about the same time his partnership with Summerall ended. As a matter of fact, this guy pretty much nails my feelings about Madden nowadays:

dnrPJSXWqsg

Borski
04-11-2007, 07:51 PM
In order my favorite channels to watch games are:

NBC
FOX
ESPN
CBS
-
-
-
NFLN (way down there, after a few blank spots)

Borski
04-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Mmmm....why, exactly? To listen to "blah, blah, blah, Brett Favre this, Brett Favre that" even when it's not even a Packers game he's covering? Madden lost it years ago...

He might be all bla bla this and bla bla that, but I still like listening to him.