PDA

View Full Version : BLEDSOE CALLS IT QUITS

ChronoCross
04-11-2007, 10:35 PM
BLEDSOE CALLS IT QUITS
Quarterback Drew Bledsoe announced his retirement on Wednesday, in a press release issued by Athletes First.
"I feel so fortunate, so honored, to have played this game that I love for so long, with so many great players, and in front of so many wonderful fans," Bledsoe said. "I fulfilled a childhood dream the first time I stepped on an NFL field, and the league did not let me down one time. I retire with a smile on my face, in good health, and ready to spend autumns at my kids' games instead of my own. I'm excited to start the next chapter of my life."
Bledsoe was the first overall pick in the 1993 draft. He spent nine seasons with the Patriots, three with the Bills, and two with the Cowboys. His tenure in New England came to a premature end after an internal injury following a sideline hit from Jets linebacker Mo Lewis opened the door for Tom Brady.
Bledsoe last appeared for the Pats in the 2001 AFC title game, helping to lead the team to an upset win after Brady injured a knee. Bledsoe won his only Super Bowl from the bench, and was traded to the Bills in the offseason.
He finishes his career seventh in all-time passing yards (44,611), thirteenth in all-time touchdown passes (251), and fifth in all-time completions (3,839). He started in 193 games.
Bledsoe's career ended as a backup for the Cowboys, where he was benched by Bill Parcells, the same guy who made him the No. 1 pick fourteen years ago.

PFT

GBMelBlount
04-11-2007, 10:59 PM
CC, great post, great story. thx

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2007, 12:10 AM
At least he got a SB ring.

I'd say don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out...but we all know it will with his lack of mobility.

GBMelBlount
04-12-2007, 12:23 AM
At least he got a SB ring.

I'd say don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out...but we all know it will with his lack of mobility.Too bad he didn/t have the mobility Ben had last year..........(thqt was a joke.)

klick81
04-12-2007, 01:20 AM
I'd say don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out...but we all know it will with his lack of mobility.

Haha...that brought a smile to my face.

polamalufan43
04-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Good luck Bledsoe,

Any guesses to what he's gonna do next?
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Elvis
04-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Good luck to ya Drew.. I respect a man for getting out when the gettin' is still good. You have your whole life to look forward to and maybe just maybe you can still get out and play in the yard with your children/ family.. God Bless Ya

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Good luck Bledsoe,

Any guesses to what he's gonna do next?
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

I am sure someone will go after him.He'll end up with ESPN,NBC,CBS,Fox,or the NFL Network...my guess the NFL Network.

NV STEELERS 723
04-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I saw his house on WhiteFish Lake last summer while on vacation in Montana....its so sweet...I can see him now fishing from the dock or from one of his 3 boats sitting there...what a nice vacation home...

Good for Drew

fugawzi
04-16-2007, 08:07 PM
i liked bledsoe....good QB