PDA

View Full Version : Feel free to add the Seahawks...

Edman
04-11-2007, 10:42 PM
To join the Cowboys, Browns, Bengals, and Ravens to the "I hate everything Pittsburgh" Obsessive Anti-Steelers club. I'm not "counter-whining", it is simply here for laughs.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=114#S=114&F=1936&T=385462

RoethlisBURGHer
04-11-2007, 11:09 PM
I don't see how they were screwed when they were all legit calls?

They all know if the rolls were reversed,they'd be telling us that the calls were good and to stop whining.

Once a loser,always a loser.

Can't wait to kick thier ass in Pittsburgh and prove to the world that we are the better team.

X-Terminator
04-12-2007, 12:28 AM
The best thing to do is to ignore the whiners. Acknowledging them just gives them credibility, and they don't deserve any. Let them wallow in their misery and the realization that their team couldn't get the job done in XL and pissed away their chance at "redemption" last season.

klick81
04-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Hahaha! What WHINEY BITCHES.

stlrtruck
04-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Someone needs a counselor!

And not all the calls were good calls. The one against Hasselback for the chop block or whatever was the call wasn't a good one. But other than that, they're just looking for a reason why they couldn't pull themselves up off the ground!

Stainless Steel
04-12-2007, 07:31 AM
There was a whiner's board started in reaction to the Seagulls loss in XL. Steelers fans came to the board and logically defeated every whining point they had. All that was left was the two originators of the site and a bunch of Steelers fans. The last I saw, it became a spamer's paradise because it was left abandoned by the owners.

Yes, the chop block was a bad call, but the rest of the calls were good ones.

fansince'76
04-12-2007, 07:35 AM
:coffee:

msafford
04-12-2007, 09:26 AM
jseahawks wrote: I dont know why but i can't empathize with any of you on this. I'm glad that we were there, i wish we would have won, but i dont have any anger or real sadness left about it.

i guess i've just come to terms with it and never really bought into any of that conspiracy theory stuff.

This may be the lone Seahwaks fan with half a brain. I read another post from some jagoff who attempted to sound intelligent by trying to debunk the Steelers rights to the Championship by bringing up the blown calls in the Indy game and Mr. Porter voicing his displeasure over them. If I'm not mistaken, didn't we rise above those calls and win the game? :smile: Plain and simple....we earned that trophy, and the Suckhawks couldn't pull it out. Ok I'm done. :bouncy:

fansince'76
04-12-2007, 09:33 AM
There was a whiner's board started in reaction to the Seagulls loss in XL. Steelers fans came to the board and logically defeated every whining point they had. All that was left was the two originators of the site and a bunch of Steelers fans. The last I saw, it became a spamer's paradise because it was left abandoned by the owners.

Yeah, I remember that - "taintedsteelxl.com," started up by some douchebag claiming to be a "Bears fan." I noticed he never got that billboard right outside Heinz Field crying about how the Seasucks got robbed.

Jeremy
04-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I was a part of the Scout.com board before and after the Super Bowl. Trust me when I say that much of that anger and resentment is based off of some very caustic debates that were waged between the two fan bases. Plus Seattle residents as a whole are very egotistical about their city and their region. For the most part they view Pittsburgh as a second class city stuck in the 70s while they see themselves as the model of a progressive city. That board is pretty much useless for trying to have an intelligent discussion about the Steelers.

Elvis
04-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I don't see how they were screwed when they were all legit calls?

They all know if the rolls were reversed,they'd be telling us that the calls were good and to stop whining.

Once a loser,always a loser.

Can't wait to kick thier ass in Pittsburgh and prove to the world that we are the better team.
SUPER BOWL
XL
CHAMPIONS
Steelers 21
Seahawks 10
IN MY OPINION .... THIS IS ALL THAT HAS TO BE SAID...AMEN?:wave:

MACH1
04-12-2007, 12:49 PM
We should give em some cheese with that whine.

memphissteelergirl
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I did not even bother to go to the link....the whole city of Seattle can sink into Puget Sound for all I care. I am sick of their incessant whining. The Steelers won...they lost. They need to move on. :coffee:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
I was a part of the Scout.com board before and after the Super Bowl. Trust me when I say that much of that anger and resentment is based off of some very caustic debates that were waged between the two fan bases. Plus Seattle residents as a whole are very egotistical about their city and their region. For the most part they view Pittsburgh as a second class city stuck in the 70s while they see themselves as the model of a progressive city. That board is pretty much useless for trying to have an intelligent discussion about the Steelers.

LMAO @ Pittsburgh being a second class city,stuck back in the 70's and not being progressive city.None of them have probally ever been to Pittsburgh,one of the most beautiful cities in America.

Who in thier right mind would want to live in Seattle anyways,it's almost always raining in that area of the country.The first and last good thing to come out of the pacific northwest was Nirvana.

I guess they have never noticed that nobody cares about them up there.If Seattle fell into Pudget Sound,few would notice and nobody would care.

Edman
04-12-2007, 09:31 PM
The best thing to do is to ignore the whiners. Acknowledging them just gives them credibility, and they don't deserve any. Let them wallow in their misery and the realization that their team couldn't get the job done in XL and pissed away their chance at "redemption" last season.

Oh, I came to that realization months ago. There is no need to justify the win. It really annoyed me at first, but now I just get a kick out of watching them whine. They want that "asterisk" in the record books so badly.

Stlrs4Life
04-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Not this again!

ChronoCross
04-12-2007, 11:06 PM
They will never let it die.. why bring it back here. borrrrring.. funny how a fan of the steelers if he is that is bringing stuff here of the seahawks off of one of there forums to see probably how we ack to get a laugh out of it are something.. let it die..

Hawk Believer
04-13-2007, 02:55 PM
LMAO @ Pittsburgh being a second class city,stuck back in the 70's and not being progressive city.None of them have probally ever been to Pittsburgh,one of the most beautiful cities in America.

Who in thier right mind would want to live in Seattle anyways,it's almost always raining in that area of the country.The first and last good thing to come out of the pacific northwest was Nirvana.

I guess they have never noticed that nobody cares about them up there.If Seattle fell into Pudget Sound,few would notice and nobody would care.

Perhaps one of the more ironic posts I have read in a while.

Hawk Believer
04-13-2007, 03:17 PM
We've been through this a million times on this site, but here we go again. Most Seahawks fans that I live with here in Seattle are not going around saying there was some conspiracy against the Hawks in XL. Most people think there were some key calls that could have gone either way and they tended to tip towards the Steelers. But, as the person who started the thread you linked to said, Seattle should have been able to overcome some calls that didn't go their way. BUt they didn't play their best game. They lost and the Steelers won. Whats done is done. It was frustrating to be so close and have such a good opportunity to win it all and fall short. But fans out here are way more focused on trying to get back to win a Superbowl before the current window we have closes.

There are a few embittered BlackHelicoprer conspiracy types out there that maybe truly believe there was some sort of fix. But they are very few and Hawks fans are normally the first to say they are crazy as folk like you like to say they are like the average fan.

It does seem kinda funny how obsessed some Steeler fans are with promulgating stories about XL officiating complaints. I think people like to percieve themselves as lacking respect because they think it helps motivate the team to accomplish more.

At any rate, once again.... Congratulations on your teams XL victory. It was well deserved and I hope you all enjoyed your year as reigning champions. We Seahawk fans have an acute appreciation as to how difficult they are to come by. Good luck with next season. Except for that week five game... :)

memphissteelergirl
04-13-2007, 04:03 PM
We've been through this a million times on this site, but here we go again. Most Seahawks fans that I live with here in Seattle are not going around saying there was some conspiracy against the Hawks in XL. Most people think there were some key calls that could have gone either way and they tended to tip towards the Steelers. But, as the person who started the thread you linked to said, Seattle should have been able to overcome some calls that didn't go their way. BUt they didn't play their best game. They lost and the Steelers won. Whats done is done. It was frustrating to be so close and have such a good opportunity to win it all and fall short. But fans out here are way more focused on trying to get back to win a Superbowl before the current window we have closes.

There are a few embittered BlackHelicoprer conspiracy types out there that maybe truly believe there was some sort of fix. But they are very few and Hawks fans are normally the first to say they are crazy as folk like you like to say they are like the average fan.

It does seem kinda funny how obsessed some Steeler fans are with promulgating stories about XL officiating complaints. I think people like to percieve themselves as lacking respect because they think it helps motivate the team to accomplish more.

At any rate, once again.... Congratulations on your teams XL victory. It was well deserved and I hope you all enjoyed your year as reigning champions. We Seahawk fans have an acute appreciation as to how difficult they are to come by. Good luck with next season. Except for that week five game... :)

Nice post, Hawk. You are one of the few exceptions. I am sure that you are right that there are some Seahawk fans that still are not whining about SB XL. Unfortunately, the ones that are always seem to perpetuate their assinine (sp?) theories in cyberspace.

Hawk Believer
04-13-2007, 06:01 PM
I do think there are a lot of people from your rival teams who like to play up the whole XL ref thing just because they don't want to accept you guys were the champs that year and they just want to get under your skin. I would say that most people I know out here don't hate the Steelers. People probably get annoyed when a Steeler fan rubs it in excessively and maybe they hold hard feelings after that. But I think in general people who know football respect the franchise as a whole.

memphissteelergirl
04-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Well, you're right, Hawk. There are a few nitwit Steeler fans who get a little too braggadocious, but my beef is with fans from past rival teams who say the refs handed us the game and do not give us credit for the win. And frankly, I get tired of defending our team and now at the point where I feel I don't have to.