PDA

View Full Version : was Yosemite Sam a Racist?

tony hipchest
04-13-2007, 05:01 PM
i admit, its been a while since ive seen all the bugs bunny cartoons so i could be mistaken. yosemite sam was always going off on him and calling him names. didnt he always call him a "cotton pickin' rabbit"?

steelerbackr4life
04-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Holy S--- You are right he was! I bet you if you played one of his recordings backwards it would translate to something really evil!

stillers4me
04-13-2007, 07:20 PM
i admit, its been a while since ive seen all the bugs bunny cartoons so i could be mistaken. yosemite sam was always going off on him and calling him names. didnt he always call him a "cotton pickin' rabbit"?

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!!!!!!!!!!!! :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Tony, I think your on to something here. I remember watching a Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam cartoon. Bugs Bunny was playing a Yankee Civil War soldier and Yosemite Sam was wearing a Confederate uniform.

steelerbackr4life
04-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Lol I remember that one.

GBMelBlount
04-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I have a feeling that Bugs Bunny cartoons with yosemite in them will be banned soon. or yosemite may be ordered to go to sensitivity training.

83-Steelers-43
04-13-2007, 08:47 PM
I have a feeling that Bugs Bunny cartoons with yosemite in them will be banned soon. or yosemite may be ordered to go to sensitivity training.

Since that cartoon, Yosemite has already went on the Al Sharpton radio show and spoke in front of the NAACP on a number of occasions. He is now in witness protection because of repeated threats on his life from the black panthers.

Hawk Believer
04-13-2007, 08:49 PM

I am pretty sure Speedy Gonzalez has been pulled off the air.

I heard Disney no longer shows Song of the South. Zippitee Doo Dah.

MACH1
04-13-2007, 10:14 PM
I am pretty sure Speedy Gonzalez has been pulled off the air.

I heard Disney no longer shows Song of the South. Zippitee Doo Dah.

Yep, you cant buy Songs of the South in the U.S. anymore. About the only place to get a 'copy' of it is on ebay.

What about Foghorn Leghorn the Rooster?:sofunny:

tony hipchest
04-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Yep, you cant buy Songs of the South in the U.S. anymore. About the only place to get a 'copy' of it is on ebay.

What about Foghorn Leghorn the Rooster?:sofunny:Imus said a little "chicken-head ho" was always after him :hunch:

i got a copy of zippity doo dah on "sing along with disney" (or something like that) my daughter loves it. its definitely edgy.

my mom was telling me how the old frito lays commercial was the "frito bandito" who was a little mexican bandit that would steal your fritos. that ad campaign didnt last too long though.

MACH1
04-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Imus said a little "chicken-head ho" was always after him :hunch:

i got a copy of zippity doo dah on "sing along with disney" (or something like that) my daughter loves it. its definitely edgy.

my mom was telling me how the old frito lays commercial was the "frito bandito" who was a little mexican bandit that would steal your fritos. that ad campaign didnt last too long though.

:toofunny: :toofunny:

Yeah I remember the frito bandito, I think frito and the little taco bell chihuahua both went into retirement.

Preacher
04-13-2007, 10:52 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny:

Yeah I remember the bandito, I think frito and the little taco bell chihuahua both went into retirement.

Yo Quero Taco Bell...

that was thier BEST ad campaign

fansince'76
04-13-2007, 11:29 PM

Among other things:

7Vn-RtZwObo

:chuckle:

stillers4me
04-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the chuckles!! (those were the cartoons of my youth....they don't make 'em like that anymore.......funny as all get out!) Bugs is my favorite actor of all time!!!!!!!!! :wink02:

steelerbackr4life
04-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Wow now I feel old.

Stainless Steel
04-14-2007, 11:52 AM
oops

Stainless Steel
04-14-2007, 12:10 PM
http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/yosemite/Sam39.wav

"Great horny toads, I'm up north. Gotta burn my boots, they touched Yankee soil."

GBMelBlount
04-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Plus, remember how stupid he made that baby vulture look! I think there is a law against that now, I think vultures are now protected. Also, I think there is now a law against putting explosives in a sneaker wearing monsters hair and I think there are now height limits on how high you can ratchet a barbers chair...even if elmer's in it. Also, they have airbrushed the the rifle out of all of the elmer fudd episodes. I also heard they are requiring bugs to have a new episode where both of his parents are dude's. I'm sure I'm missing alot...anyone?