PDA

View Full Version : WESTBROOK OWES EAGLES $3 MILLION

ChronoCross
04-13-2007, 09:28 PM
WESTBROOK OWES EAGLES $3 MILLION
It's time to add another page or two to the "there's a first time for everything" file. According to ComcastSportsNet.com, the Eagles inadvertently paid running back Brian Westbrook an extra $3 million in 2006 (http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=48475), and that Westbrook has yet to pay it back.
Westbrook reportedly intends to refund the money. Because he has yet to cut the check, the Eagles have filed a grievance in order to ensure that the money will be paid.
But why in the world didn't Westbrook say something about the overpayment sooner? At a minimum, his agent should have noticed it. Did Westbrook simply regard the payment as free money? Like a $20 that he found in the parking lot at the Olive Garden?
We've got a weird feeling that there's more to this story. The Eagles, with one of the best and the brightest front offices in the league, don't make mistakes like this.

PFT

RoethlisBURGHer
04-13-2007, 10:01 PM
They screwed up,Westbrook should be allowed to keep the $3 Million.

ChronoCross
04-13-2007, 10:11 PM
They screwed up,Westbrook should be allowed to keep the $3 Million.

Me personally as I was talking with some eagles fans think they should let him keep it for what he has done for there team. But hey there stingy. Bad thing is Westbrook has to pay it back soon because they can loose draft picks over there error.

GBMelBlount
04-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Me personally as I was talking with some eagles fans think they should let him keep it for what he has done for there team. But hey there stingy. Bad thing is Westbrook has to pay it back soon because they can loose draft picks over there error.

Chrono, good post. The right thing to do is pay it back. It is not his, even if he deserves it. Eagles may be "stingy." In the NFL that may be a complement. As Steelers are perceived.

ChronoCross
04-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Eagles | Team pays Westbrook his bonus twice
Sat, 14 Apr 2007 08:14:20 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports a $3 million accounting error by the Philadelphia Eagles paid RB Brian Westbrook his roster bonus twice last season. The team has been forced to file a grievance with the NFL against Westbrook because the money has not been repaid. Westbrook and his agent, Fletcher Smith, have acknowledged the error and intend to return the money, according to a league source. The league could hit the Eagles with a cap charge for the mistake, under the collective-bargaining agreement. A team source said the league has not penalized the Eagles for the error, but there is fear within the organization that another team could challenge the NFL if the league does not penalize them.

polamalufan43
04-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Well, I hope they get this sorted out soon. Even though I'm not really a fan I hate to see teams go down because of stupid mistakes.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

boLT fan
04-14-2007, 11:55 AM
PFT

:coffee: