PDA

View Full Version : The game that worries me the most...

Edman
04-14-2007, 01:55 PM
All the games worry me, but the scariest one is The Monday Night game vs. the Ratbirds at home. It's our 75th Anniversary game, the Ravens and knowing how much they hate us, would love spoil the celebration and embarrass us on our homefield in front of everyone on national TV under the bright lights. Plus, they got a swagger and whooped us last year in both games.

This game will be Tomlin's biggest lithmus test as a coach, and how the Tomlin-Steelers fare in primetime against a strong division rival who destroyed them a season before.

polamalufan43
04-14-2007, 01:59 PM
I completely agree. after what they did to us last year, fans will be waiting for this game as well if they know what implications are around it.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

The Duke
04-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah, scary game coming up

polamalufan43
04-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Yeah, scary game coming up

But I cant wait, mwahaha... that one is a "OMG I have to go!!!!"

fansince'76
04-14-2007, 03:01 PM
To borrow an oft-used quote by a poster named "hillbillybiker" on another board:

"We'll crush them, they suck." :chuckle:

Bedo1234
04-14-2007, 05:26 PM
LOVE that kind of game, a heated rivalry, Monday night, REVENGE BABY!

Edman
04-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I wish I could share the same confidence.

Another thng that worries me is Ben. He hasn't fared very well at all against Baltimore. But Peyton Manning got over his funk against the Patsies and he managed to beat them. Sure hope Ben can do the same vs. the Ravens.

OneForTheToe
04-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I am most worried about opening day. Sure it's the Brownies, but we now have the fear of the unknown. Hopefully, by the time the Monday Night Rat Bird game arrives we will have established our new (similar to old) identity.

ChronoCross
04-14-2007, 08:39 PM
I am not going to sit back and worry about a Ratbird game when draft is coming up. Ratbirds O line is changing this off season, ogden still might retire. They lost a key LBer, There def gets older by the day, They pick up Mcgahee which is only a +.3 yard avg better then lewis and they only avg around 80 rushing yards a game as it was, and there O line might not be as good as year before do to all the changes happening already. And they were not a big play making team on offense as it was. McNair is yet another season beatin in him, and who knows when he will go down again. So ya I am not going to sit back and worry about this before summer starts. Going to sit back and watch what the Steelers do for the draft, who wins what position and so forth.

PisnNapalm
04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
After what the Ravens did to us last year. Yeah... I don't like the idea of playing them twice this year. Damn, they destroyed us last season. Their offense isn't that great, but damn... Their D is viscious.

I still don't see how someone wasn't fined for the hit on Ben. growl...

SteelCityMan786
04-14-2007, 09:43 PM
There is not one game on this schedule that scares me at all. BRING EM ON!

PAMillerGrrl83
04-14-2007, 10:33 PM
If only we could take out Ray Lewis WAY ahead of time..anyone willin to go in and take him out??

tony hipchest
04-14-2007, 10:35 PM
After what the Ravens did to us last year. Yeah... I don't like the idea of playing them twice this year. Damn, they destroyed us last season. Their offense isn't that great, but damn... Their D is viscious.

I still don't see how someone wasn't fined for the hit on Ben. growl...their defense looked like it had a copy of the steelers playbook.

oh wait... IT DID! thanks alot brian st. pierre. hows it feel to be kicked to the curb as soon as the ravens pumped you for all the info they needed?

anyone ever wonder why the ravens always play the steelers tough no matter the records or standings? anyone ever wonder why the ravens always have an ex steeler qb on the roster? hmmmm. pierre was just the smartest one who yielded the most accurate info.

the game that worries me is the one vs. the pats, only because of what the pats did to the steelers opening game 2002 and what they did to tomlins defense last year (both games on monday night). of course i expect this years steelers to be better than both the teams the pats faced in those instances.

steelersfanman92
04-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Those are always the best games, the great defense, it will be exciting.

Stlrs4Life
04-15-2007, 09:11 AM
It'll be a good game. Not worried too much about it right now.

polamalufan43
04-15-2007, 12:11 PM
If only we could take out Ray Lewis WAY ahead of time..anyone willin to go in and take him out??

hmmmm....well... i volunteer you...

As for the rest of the games, I'm really looking forward to the one against the Seahawks because it's the first time seeing them since the Superbowl...

FastWillieParker39
04-15-2007, 08:21 PM
oh the Ravens game is going to be one hell of a game. CANT FREAKIN WAIT!! We NEED to beat the Ratbirds that night, we cant lose to them in Pittsburgh!

HometownGal
04-15-2007, 09:11 PM
I'd have to say Super Bowl XLII. :tt02: There can only be one "champion" and though it's never easy getting there, I always believe in the black 'n gold! :cheers:

steelerbackr4life
04-15-2007, 09:13 PM

Maybe he and a couple of Bungals can go out together for a night. That should give both some time off the Gridiron

Edman
04-16-2007, 06:54 AM
oh the Ravens game is going to be one hell of a game. CANT FREAKIN WAIT!! We NEED to beat the Ratbirds that night, we cant lose to them in Pittsburgh!

Ravens fans have been unbearable. The media may also think that because of last year, the Ravens are in the Steelers' heads.

I want them punished badly and Ravens as well as their fans' wet dreams of "owning" the Steelers be put to bed. But we can only hope and see.

I want Tomlin to bring in some players who won't be intimidated by the Ratbirds and bring some youthful intensity of their own. Another Anthony Smith or Willie Colon anyone?

TackleMeBen
04-16-2007, 07:16 AM

I still don't see how someone wasn't fined for the hit on Ben. growl...

unfortunely it was a legal hit.. but i am with you i still dont see how they werent fined..maybe i am just partial though :wink02:

Crushzilla
04-16-2007, 07:35 AM
I was at the last Monday Night game between them on Halloween a few years back.. I think it was the Super Bowl season... Things got a little too close for comfort in that one... And that was when they had Kyle 'Should have been a' Boller (Thanks Berman)

The Ravens will be a different team, too... They still don't have a huge offensive presence...

If the OLine can keep their front seven off Ben then it should be a no contest. Then again, that should be the mentality for every game... Guess we'll have to see.

SteelerFanInCA
04-16-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm not too concerned about any of the games because I know when we bring our "A" game we can hang with just about any team. I have to agree on the take that Baltimore's team especially the O line will be a little weaker this year. We stop turning the ball over and we will be in good shape.

ben2hines=6
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
BOTH the ravens games scare me the most but u have to put the patriot game up there to....seems that them pricks are always top of the class in the afc

stlrtruck
04-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Ladies and Gentleman - let me remind you that two seasons ago we didn't get to the Super Bowl because we were worried about games past the next one we had to play. Let's not worry about the dreaded ratbirds until it's time to play them.

Let's worry about the team's progression through the off season, into mini-camps, training camp, and then pre-season. And after that let's TAKE IT ONE GAME AT A TIME!

MJ5150
04-18-2007, 09:52 PM
The Seahawk game worries me most.

If the Seahawks steal that game, my life will be worse than ANYTHING I felt during last years 8-8 season.

-Mike

fugawzi
04-18-2007, 11:08 PM
the Jags game could be tough too, if you're going by last year. At this point though, it's way too early to tell.

fansince'76
04-19-2007, 12:19 AM
the Jags game could be tough too, if you're going by last year. At this point though, it's way too early to tell.

Agreed on both counts, especially regarding the Jags, who have ALWAYS seemed to play us tough:

http://garys-files.googlegroups.com/web/Steelers-Jags+History.JPG

Preacher
04-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Do we really know which games to worry about though?

We are getting a new offensive scheme. The D scheme will look a bit different.

It may be just enough of a change, that Seattle, Jags, etc. will be easy games (comparitively), but the Browns could be dangerous...

Remember... At this level... scheming really is that important.

Avoid LLoyd1975
04-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I see us possibly, at the most losing 2 games. I understand your cowardness with the Ravens. After all they beat us twice last year, traditionally we win in their house and they win in ours. Here are the games I predict we have the potential to lose....I stress that comment. @New England and @Baltimore. We secure home field advantage, the Colts are over-rated next year and the Chargers falter under what's his name...? Norv. Who would name their kid Norv? We went 13-3 following a shitty season with Cornholio Stewart, what are we going to do with an up an coming offense with a new motivated coach? Hmm....to be continued.

fugawzi
04-19-2007, 08:19 PM
I see us possibly, at the most losing 2 games.

that's pretty optimistic following last year. anything can happen though. The Panthers were 1-15 the year before they almost beat the Pats in the Super Bowl a few years back. Either way, things are certainly gonna be different in Pittsburgh this year, after all the recent changes. Or maybe they'll go 8-8 again. Who knows? August needs to hurry up and get here.

Indy_Steelers
04-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I remember a Monday night game in the '05 season that the Ravens were not that good but I remember telling a friend that I wish we did not have to play "The Ravens" on Halloween. That game came down to the wire. We should have smoked them.

If this is our 75th season and the Monday night game against the Ravens will be the showcase, am I the only one that hopes we have throwbacks on that night?

Hamer
04-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I gotta admit, that's a scary team they have- But all the better when we get our revenge!

Hamer
04-20-2007, 03:29 PM
If this is our 75th season and the Monday night game against the Ravens will be the showcase, am I the only one that hopes we have throwbacks on that night?

Hear, hear! I'd like to see the ol' block numbers back permanently!!

X-Terminator
04-20-2007, 08:22 PM
I see us possibly, at the most losing 2 games. I understand your cowardness with the Ravens. After all they beat us twice last year, traditionally we win in their house and they win in ours. Here are the games I predict we have the potential to lose....I stress that comment. @New England and @Baltimore. We secure home field advantage, the Colts are over-rated next year and the Chargers falter under what's his name...? Norv. Who would name their kid Norv? We went 13-3 following a shitty season with Cornholio Stewart, what are we going to do with an up an coming offense with a new motivated coach? Hmm....to be continued.

It's nice to have such optimism, but looking at the schedule, we could easily lose more than 2 games. The Steelers do have a lot of talent, but they also have some holes that can be exploited (CB, OT anyone?). It will not be a cakewalk for the Steelers, and I certainly hope they don't take it as such. And I wouldn't be so quick to write off the Colts and Chargers - one is the defending SB champs with plenty of talent, and the other will still field a pretty damn good team despite the person in charge on the sideline. I think the Steelers get in the playoffs as a WC, but it will not be easy by any stretch of the imagination.

(BTW, sorry about your above post being edited - I accidently hit the edit button rather than the quote button. Just letting you know in case you might think something was wrong.)

Livinginthe past
04-21-2007, 04:50 AM
It's nice to have such optimism, but looking at the schedule, we could easily lose more than 2 games. The Steelers do have a lot of talent, but they also have some holes that can be exploited (CB, OT anyone?). It will not be a cakewalk for the Steelers, and I certainly hope they don't take it as such. And I wouldn't be so quick to write off the Colts and Chargers - one is the defending SB champs with plenty of talent, and the other will still field a pretty damn good team despite the person in charge on the sideline. I think the Steelers get in the playoffs as a WC, but it will not be easy by any stretch of the imagination.

(BTW, sorry about your above post being edited - I accidently hit the edit button rather than the quote button. Just letting you know in case you might think something was wrong.)

I would like to imagine that the Colts will all of a sudden be a weak team next year, but I just can't see it.

Their O-line remains awesome (and highly effective at unpenalised holding) - their WR corps remains elite and their starting RB has just come off an impressive rookie season.

Their D has taken a hammering over the off season, but the Colts never relied on crushing Defense to win many regular season games.

The Chargers are a 'similar' situation to the Steelers in terms of coaching personnel changes - a new guy at the top always brings in a few of his own guys.

Rivers will have a years experience under his belt and that playoff loss will be very instructional for him and his team - especially maintaining discipline for 60 minutes.