PDA

View Full Version : SI - Top Draft Busts of Last 20 Years

Atlanta Dan
04-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Interesting trip down bad memories lane - no Steelers, but several Penn State running backs, Falcons, and (of course) Bengals.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0704/gallery.nfl.draftbusts/content.1.html

Preacher
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
For some reason....

I forgot all about Heath Schuler

tony hipchest
04-16-2007, 11:07 PM
i had forgotten the bears actually traded a 1st round pick to get rick mirer :dang:

MasterOfPuppets
04-16-2007, 11:32 PM
lol..damn,they done went and kicked the dirt over harrington while he's still in the league...:sofunny: thats just wrong!:coffee:

TackleMeBen
04-17-2007, 07:14 AM
lol..damn,they done went and kicked the dirt over harrington while he's still in the league...:sofunny: thats just wrong!:coffee:

well anyone that gets drafted by the Lions is doomed to be a draft failure..:flap:

boLT fan
04-17-2007, 02:06 PM
:idea:

:dang:

:banging:

ChronoCross
04-17-2007, 02:32 PM
colts, lions, bengals sure did take up a lot of the list. And there is always the favorite one of the list, Ryan Leaf. Then Bosworth who was just as good in football as his acting.

fansince'76
04-17-2007, 02:50 PM
colts, lions, bengals sure did take up a lot of the list. And there is always the favorite one of the list, Ryan Leaf. Then Bosworth who was just as good in football as his acting.

LOL. I remember all the hype on Bosworth - "the next Jack Lambert" - yeah, right.

ChronoCross
04-17-2007, 03:05 PM
LOL. I remember all the hype on Bosworth - "the next Jack Lambert" - yeah, right.

Ya I remember the buildup of him coming out of college and even in some of the seachicken games were they talked about how good he was. He sure had the career of Jack didn't he.

polamalufan43
04-17-2007, 03:08 PM
David Klingler has a strange resemblance to Palmer... AHHHHHHHH!

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Elvis
04-22-2007, 09:30 PM
My favorite Bosworth moment in the NFL was when the Raiders' Bo Jackson Ran Him Over on the way to the endzone...Wasnt That Awesome.. atleast to the ones that were old enough to remember one of the greatest Power Sprint Runners Of All Time...

WWIIOwheelz
04-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Kinda like the Bus running over Urlacher. :D

I remember that run, though. Bo Jackson was a talent I'm sorry not to have seen for a legitimate career in the NFL. He was amazing.

Stainless Steel
04-23-2007, 11:54 AM
I have one question. Where were the Browns in all this? Something is fishy to me. OK. We can name some Browns flunkies, can't we?

Here's one for you:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/player.php?id=319

verks36
04-23-2007, 01:19 PM
WHere is ROn dayne?

And if joey is on their then def David Carr should be on their

fansince'76
04-23-2007, 01:38 PM
WHere is ROn dayne?

Good question - huge bust, and a Heisman winning one at that. Even though he is now with the Texans, his career was as good as over when the Broncos gave up on him. If the Broncos system can't turn a guy into a NFL-caliber RB, nobody can.

MasterOfPuppets
04-23-2007, 01:48 PM
lavar arrington,with all the hype he received coming out of college (the next L.T.) is as deserving as anyone to be on this list!

Preacher
04-24-2007, 01:28 AM
Ya I remember the buildup of him coming out of college and even in some of the seachicken games were they talked about how good he was. He sure had the career of Jack didn't he.

I was a big Seahawk fan then... (still am.. .well, was until they played Pitt in the SB.)

Let me say about "The Boz"

He was a BUSINESS MAJOR in college.

He was also a football player with a bad shoulder.

SO what did he do? He packaged and sold himself to the NFL to the highest bidder. He got all the money he could in the short amount of time he could. Then, he said his shoulder was bad and left.

Great Business... Bad ethic.

heck, he didn't even want to be a Seahawk... he yelled, screamed, and tried to get away from the team when they first picked him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-24-2007, 04:48 AM
I was a big Seahawk fan then... (still am.. .well, was until they played Pitt in the SB.)

Let me say about "The Boz"

He was a BUSINESS MAJOR in college.

He was also a football player with a bad shoulder.

SO what did he do? He packaged and sold himself to the NFL to the highest bidder. He got all the money he could in the short amount of time he could. Then, he said his shoulder was bad and left.

Great Business... Bad ethic.

heck, he didn't even want to be a Seahawk... he yelled, screamed, and tried to get away from the team when they first picked him.

His rookie year Bosworth did well.....he led the team in several defensive categories and made the NFL's All-Rookie Team.....had 4 sacks and two fumble recoveries...and Preacher... you are right ...The Seattle Seahawks took him in the Supplemental Draft in 1987 after he callled other teams saying that he would not report to camp if he were drafted by them