PDA

View Full Version : "Flop, Flop, Whiz, Whiz...."

tony hipchest
04-17-2007, 06:27 PM
"... Oh what a relief it is?" its been long enough since whiz was spurned by the steelers for us to make more of a rational judgement of how he will do. hes done some good things so far in arizona and i think he could have a 10 year career there and bring hope to the franchise like that bum lewis did in cinci.

- molding the team in the image of the steelers
- threatenning to use a. boldin in a. randle el way
- banning cell phones in the locker room
- running in pat tillmans 4.2 mile marathon for charity (your a good man whiz)

MACH1
04-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Could be a Steelers clone?

I think he'll do a good job there. Hopefully not to good against us.

The Duke
04-17-2007, 07:09 PM
If his team steps up in a big way compared to previous seasons he'll be great. If not he could become a career 8-8 guy, but I doubt he will, the Cards are looking great in both players and staff. After some years Cardinals-Steelers could even become a small interconference rivalry.

Mosca
04-17-2007, 07:23 PM
He will only succeed in Arizona to the extent that the Bidwells support him. Thus, he might only go 8-8 there. But over his career I think he'll do quite well.

Tom

MasterOfPuppets
04-17-2007, 07:43 PM
i'm gonna play the odds here and say he has a few good years.steeler assistants haven't faired well as HC's so far,so its time to break the cycle.

ChronoCross
04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
http://www.kdl.to/misc/piccies/props-cheese.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
I say no he doesn't flop.

He can get that team to the playoffs,and in the weak-ass NFC even the Super Bowl in a few years.But if the Bidwells get cheap again,he'll be 8-8 at best until he goes somewhere that the owner(s) will spend some money.

Edman
04-18-2007, 07:11 PM
In the weakest division in football, why not?

If the Cardinals cannot turn into contenders, especially in a weak division in a second-rate conference, with all of that accumulated talent, there's something seriously, seriously wrong with the Cardinals franchise.

HometownGal
04-19-2007, 07:04 AM
I believe that if the Cards obtain some good OL'rs either via the draft or FA, the Cards can be competitive in their division. They have a good nucleus of players for the most part. I think Whiz is a good backbone for those guys and will do well, but probably not in the first year or two.

Haiku_Dirtt
04-19-2007, 12:51 PM
I believe that if the Cards obtain some good OL'rs either via the draft or FA, the Cards can be competitive in their division. They have a good nucleus of players for the most part. I think Whiz is a good backbone for those guys and will do well, but probably not in the first year or two.

I'm curious to see how he handles the HC position. The O-line aside he has to be estatic about the offensive potential. Two excellent receivers and one well-adjusted, bright young QB. And the Edge - albeit in his twilight years

It's also not like he has to live "up" to Cardinal History. It's a no-lose deal.