PDA

View Full Version : Will Maddox be starting again

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Anyone think that there is a chance that Tommy the Gunslinger Maddox might eventually end up being the starter by seasons end.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Only if Ben gets injured does Tommy start.

clevestinks
09-01-2005, 02:05 PM
I hope not! Not because of Tommy. Just because if we need Tommy to start , that isn`t because we are playing well. We need Ben to step it up now. Ben is the future, Ben is now. I`m not saying it wont happen, I just hope it doin`t

RoethlisBURGHer
09-01-2005, 02:08 PM
LOL,I sounded like Yoda!

SteelerSal
09-01-2005, 03:47 PM
LOL,I sounded like Yoda!

He who start first, not get hurt, start last, Danielson. :alcohol:

Koopa
09-01-2005, 03:51 PM
NO! that would be stupid, it's just pre season, whos to say ben ain't going to get better during the season? you don't want to ruin a young talent by screwing with his head and sitting him done cause he has a bad game, you got to let him play through his mistakes so he can learn from them and get better. just like RoethlisBURGHer said "Only if Ben gets injured does Tommy start."

Blitzburgh55
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
no way only if ben gets hurt

BlitzburghRockCity
09-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Agreed, the only way Tommy gets in there is if Ben gets injured.. Our future is built on Ben, he's the man.. That's not say that maybe cowher might not bench him if he's in a slump in the middle of the season to help get a spark..but a permanant starter for us again, I just dont see it happening.

Suitanim
09-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Tommy could play, and start this year. If Ben struggles, it's ridiculous NOT to bring Maddox in off the bench to provide a spark. Personally, I questioned the decision not to start Tommy in the 2nd half of the AFCCG last year. If it's about winning with the team you have, you do whatever you can with what you have at the time and let the chips fall where they may...and this Steelers team is talented enough to go to and win the SB. I worry less about damaging Ben's ego then I do about missing opportunities when they present themselves.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Hence the reason Tommy is our # 2 guy....the problem is, when Tommy came in to play in situations last year,like against the giants when he didnt do anything for us.

WE need a backup Qb who can come in and be productive. Tommy can do it, but he's gonna be rusty so we'll have to work thru that.

RichmondVA
09-02-2005, 08:59 AM
A different question would be... I'f Ben struggles will Cohwer have the stones to switch QB's?

I think he would and will very early this year, I think our fourth game in NFL week#5. I've got a feeling Ben's play this preseason cost Brian St. Pierre a roster spot and has given it to a more experienced QB in Batch.

SteelProven
09-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Ben may have a learning curve this year. But we'll get to see what's Ben is made of around the 5-6 game of the season. If he's still struggling I wouldn't expect to see T. Maddox unless Ben gets injured.

Bamataco1
09-02-2005, 09:56 AM
If Ben isn't producing then he should be benched. The only problem is that there isn't any threat of our back ups actually taking the job from him long term. We need a better back up. That will help bring out the best in Big Ben. Maddox isn't the guy for the job, ever D.C. in the NFL knows that Maddox is as mobile as a statue. Batch might acctually be a better alternative. he can at least keep a play alive by getting out of the pocket. But he isn't good enough eother as a long term back up and not a threat to take the first team job.

SteelR1
09-02-2005, 10:33 AM
I think Ben would have to lose the first 4 games in order to bring in Tommy...

Tommy and Batch are very good Backups, thats where we need them....

pitt
09-02-2005, 10:54 AM
If Ben is still playing this bad after 4-5 games, we need Tommy to come in.

SteelProven
09-02-2005, 09:56 PM
You can't expect the Steelers to give up on Ben know matter how bad the season going. If he's doing bad all I see happen is 61/39 coming back in effect. Cause as of right now I think the Steelers are trying to make it more like 55/45 which is till pretty high. IMO