PDA

View Full Version : NFL | Okoye admits to marijuana use

ChronoCross
04-18-2007, 07:45 PM
NFL | Okoye admits to marijuana use
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:04:07 -0700
Nolan Nawrocki, of ProFootballWeekly.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/199), reports Louisville DT Amobi Okoye (http://www.kffl.com/player/16085/nfl) admitted during his NFL Combine (http://www.kffl.com/link/183) interview that he has used marijuana, according to multiple sources who have watched the interview. Some teams who are aware of his admission have said they do not think it will affect his draft stock. Others are concerned about his work ethic, maturity level and fluctuations in weight.

I personally was hoping to get a shot at drafting him, and this gives us are chance but since he admits to it, I bet the Rooney's red flag him and not even give him a look.

There is also others who admit to using also;

NFL | G. Adams admits to marijuana use
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:03:34 -0700

Nolan Nawrocki, of ProFootballWeekly.com, reports Clemson DE Gaines Adams admitted during his NFL Combine interview that he has used marijuana, according to multiple sources who have watched the interview. " It should scare (teams), especially when you see how laid-back (Adams) is in his play," said one team official. "No one disputes the great physical ability. What is disputed is how passionate he is and how physical he is. Physically, from an athletic standpoint, he has all the tools. He is the No. 1 pass rusher in the draft, and I don't think many people would argue with that."

NFL | C. Johnson admits to marijuana use
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:02:40 -0700

Nolan Nawrocki, of ProFootballWeekly.com, reports Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson, during interviews at the NFL Combine, admitted to using marijuana, according to sources who have watched the interviews.

tony hipchest
04-18-2007, 08:03 PM
:jawdrop: a college student blazing an "L"???

what is amazing is that these 3 actually admitted it.

i doubt any of these 3 drop out of the top 10. if so we better jump on any of them and send that card up to the commish in 10 seconds.

one of our esteemed posters (whos word i look at as good as gold) recalls mean joe green firing up the ganj' in a jazz club, back in the day. shit happens (but these players shoulda been coached to "deny everything".

this is a suprising story with 3 such high profile players. i think this is what caused l. white to drop and it still seems the twinkie munchies are getting the best of him. however it is also what caused warren sapp to drop. whether or not he still fires up, we dont know. all we know is hes a sb champ.

ChronoCross
04-18-2007, 08:22 PM
This might get Okoye to drop like white did, but I doubt out of the 1st round. Work ethic, maturity level and fluctuations in weight. I doubt Johnson and Gains drop any.

Livinginthe past
04-18-2007, 09:12 PM
:jawdrop: a college student blazing an "L"???

what is amazing is that these 3 actually admitted it.

i doubt any of these 3 drop out of the top 10. if so we better jump on any of them and send that card up to the commish in 10 seconds.

one of our esteemed posters (whos word i look at as good as gold) recalls mean joe green firing up the ganj' in a jazz club, back in the day. shit happens (but these players shoulda been coached to "deny everything".

this is a suprising story with 3 such high profile players. i think this is what caused l. white to drop and it still seems the twinkie munchies are getting the best of him. however it is also what caused warren sapp to drop. whether or not he still fires up, we dont know. all we know is hes a sb champ.

Wasn't the Warren Sapp thing just unsubstaniated rumors?

I thought they caused him to drop down to the middle of the 1st round, but then it turned out he hadn't admitted to smoking weed at all.

The Duke
04-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Good thing they are being honest before even entering a team, that shows class. I agree, their draft stock won't drop.

tony hipchest
04-18-2007, 09:38 PM

I thought they caused him to drop down to the middle of the 1st round, but then it turned out he hadn't admitted to smoking weed at all.

University of Miami to Review Drug-Testing Policy for Athletes

The University of Miami said it would review its drug-testing policy for athletes in the wake of reports that a former football player had failed seven drug tests while at the institution.

ESPN reported last month that the player, Warren Sapp, had failed six tests for marijuana and one for cocaine. The news, which ESPN said came from background checks conducted by the National Football League, broke shortly before the N.F.L. draft last month. Mr. Sapp, who was picked by Tampa Bay in the first round, has denied using cocaine. His agent has said that Mr. Sapp admits to testing positive for marijuana once during his freshman year and once at an N.F.L. workout in February.

its the coke use that was unsubstanciated. sapp likes his wacky tobaccy though

MasterOfPuppets
04-18-2007, 10:21 PM
blazing an "L" ???:huh:

tony hipchest
04-18-2007, 10:52 PM
blazing an "L" ???:huh: :chuckle: yeah. you know...

burning a hooter

firing up a hog leg

puffing a fatty

blazing a jay, leno (pronounced lenyo), mota, a tree, the ganj, the herb, the green, the chronic, the kind, da kine, das kinder, a splif, blunt.... etc?

Preacher
04-18-2007, 11:18 PM
:chuckle: yeah. you know...

burning a hooter

firing up a hog leg

puffing a fatty

blazing a jay, leno (pronounced lenyo), mota, a tree, the ganj, the herb, the green, the chronic, the kind, da kine, das kinder, a splif, blunt.... etc?

Tony...

We REALLY need to talk! :paperbag:

tony hipchest
04-19-2007, 12:13 AM
geez. didnt anyone go to college... or listen to rap music?

flip through an issue of "high times"?

huh. :huh: snoop dog and cyprus hill were topping the charts when i was in school.

"rollin down the streets, smokin indo...
sippin on gin and juice.
...LAID BACK"

:hunch:

MACH1
04-19-2007, 12:51 AM

burning a hooter

firing up a hog leg

puffing a fatty

:toofunny: :toofunny:

fansince'76
04-19-2007, 01:33 AM
I smoked my share of the "ganj" when I was that age as well. So what? :coffee:

X-Terminator
04-19-2007, 01:52 AM
I'd be more concerned if it were coke or heroin or steroids. A little "Mary Jane" doesn't concern me in the least.

Infamix
04-19-2007, 07:16 AM
geez. didnt anyone go to college... or listen to rap music?

flip through an issue of "high times"?

huh. :huh: snoop dog and cyprus hill were topping the charts when i was in school.

"rollin down the streets, smokin indo...
sippin on gin and juice.
...LAID BACK"

:hunch:

Tony, I have a new found respect for your diversity. :cheers:

MasterOfPuppets
04-19-2007, 11:05 AM

burning a hooter

firing up a hog leg

puffing a fatty

i new what you were referring to....i'd just never heard the term "L". up here in maryland,we just spark up "J's"

tony hipchest
04-19-2007, 11:26 AM
i new what you were referring to....i'd just never heard the term "L". up here in maryland,we just spark up "J's"lol. its an east coast rap thing. primarilly nyc slang. im not sure how its derived, but my guess it would be from the puerto rican and mexican spanish speakers. "J" being short for joint and "L" being short for leno. :hunch:

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Legalize it! No don't criticize it.

verks36
04-20-2007, 08:22 AM
I dont bielive in legalizeing mary jane yet ever smoked it but i bet over 90% of the players in the draft have smoked weed. It isnt surprising at all he is just the only one to admit it and i am pretty sure it wont affect his value

and tony on the northern east coast rap i dig ya doggy dog fo shizzle me nizzle b-youngizzles

RoethlisBURGHer
04-20-2007, 08:41 AM
I don't see them falling at all.

The fact that they admitted it helps them because it shows they are mature enough to recognize the mistake they made and own up to it,instead of lying and the truth to come out days before the draft.

silver & black
04-21-2007, 03:37 PM

Just rumor... nothing has ever been substantiated as far as I can tell. Having said that, I'm sure he did it.

SteelersTilIDie
04-25-2007, 08:25 PM
So many people try it in the world...it's not like it is a huge thing that he tried it once...if i were a team manager, this wouldnt throw me off at all.