PDA

View Full Version : Leinart's speedometer woes

Haiku_Dirtt
04-19-2007, 01:17 PM
http://www.benmaller.com/archives/2007/april/18-cameras_nail_cards_qb_leinart_speeding.html

A quick reminder that he is no longer in So. Cal. might just be the remedy. By L.A. standards, going 77 mph in a 65-zone would actually result in a long line of tailgaters trying to go 80.

If that's the worst news Whiz gets about his star QB...

RoethlisBURGHer
04-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah,if all he has to be worried about is speeding in an SUV,then he's in good shape

Borski
04-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Wow, I'm glad I dont live there....what happened to the old fashion way of the police actually having to stop you to give a ticket...

tony hipchest
04-20-2007, 07:25 PM
ive always found while speeding that if you keep it under 13 miles over the posted limit (on roads posted 55mph or higher) its not worth the cops time to pull you over and give a ticket and they will leave you alone. (ive only had 1 speeding ticket despite a lead foot and that was on a afb road where the rules are enforced to the tee)

i noticed leinart was going 77 mph all 3 times (12 miles over posted limit). i wonder if he buys into the same theory or just sets his cruise control there cause he is #7. too much of a coincidence to get popped at that speed 3 times. (im willing to bet a cop woulda left him alone and looked for bigger fish.

Borski
04-20-2007, 07:57 PM
yeah, I tend to keep it at 10 mph above the posted limit in areas 55 or more.

Godfather
04-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Speed limit is 70 here (on the interstate). I get in the right lane and go 60-65...any faster you're wasting fuel and pushing your engine too hard.

tony hipchest
04-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Speed limit is 70 here (on the interstate). I get in the right lane and go 60-65...any faster you're wasting fuel and pushing your engine too hard.

:snail: :snail: :snail:

:banging: :dang: :banging: :dang: :banging: :dang: :banging:

:sofunny:

fansince'76
04-20-2007, 11:09 PM
A 23-year-old guy who has a lead foot? Say it ain't so!

Livinginthe past
04-21-2007, 04:31 AM
You guys want to thank your lucky stars you don't live in the UK - anyone who has been over here will tell you the place is riddled with automated speed camera's that automatically take a snap of your car and its registration plate when you go 10% over the speed limit.

We also have mobile police vans that have a camera on board - so they can basically set up shop anywhere they want and take you by surprise.

Local authorities get to keep the (large) profit generated from this enterprise - so its now become less about driver/pedesterian safety than it is making money.

I hope I don't sound bitter about this just because I got fined twice in a 3 day period a few years back :wink02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-21-2007, 07:28 AM

Its true.......For every mile over 65mph that you go you wast up to 10m per gallon on gass..

polamalufan43
04-21-2007, 10:54 AM
http://www.303rdbg.com/ce-autobahn.jpg

Be glad you dont have to drive there, there is no speed limit. When someone highbeams you, it means get out of the frickin way before a crash, lol.

As for Leinart, I don't think its that big of a deal, considering what other players have been caught doing these days

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Jeremy
04-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Phoenix sucks to drive around. I don't blame Leinart one little bit for his tickets. It's as easy as falling off a stool to get a ticket up there.