PDA

View Full Version : Alec Baldwin: Father of the Year

83-Steelers-43
04-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Voicemail Rant Reheats Alec-Kim Feud
Thursday, April 19, 2007

By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES ? The festering bad blood between movie-star exes Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger erupted Thursday when an angry phone message from Baldwin to his daughter was made public. On the recording, Baldwin can be heard berating his 11-year-old, Ireland, "You are a rude, thoughtless little pig."

"You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being," he says, apparently upset that she did not answer her phone for a planned call.

"I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you're a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone."

He goes on to say that he plans to fly from New York to Los Angeles "for the day just to straighten you out on this issue."

The recording was published by celebrity news site TMZ.com, which said that the call was placed on April 11.

Baldwin's spokesman said in a statement Thursday that, "in the best interest of the child," the 49-year-old actor "will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order.

"The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order," the statement continued. "Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

"The voice mail speaks for itself," Basinger's spokeswoman said.

Calls to Basinger's and Baldwin's attorneys were not returned.

Baldwin and Basinger, 53, were married in 1993. They have been involved in prolonged legal disputes over custody and other issues since she filed for divorce in 2001, which was granted in 2002. The couple's differences have been aired several times in public.

Basinger was charged with contempt of court in October for violating terms of a 2004 custody agreement. A motion by her lawyers to dismiss the charges was denied Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. The next hearing on visitation issues is scheduled for May 4.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Apr19/0,4670,PeopleBaldwinBasinger,00.html

HometownGal
04-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Wow, just wow. :jawdrop:

What more can one say other than Alec Baldwin is, as most of us have known all along, an egotistical, mindless, rotten piece of doggie doo? He should be ashamed of himself talking to his pre-teen daughter in that manner, but of course his overinflated ego won't allow that. Too bad he didn't buy that one-way ticket to France after Bush won the 2004 election - that would have been the best parenting he could have done.

83-Steelers-43
04-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Audio: http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/19/alec-baldwins-threatening-message-to-daughter/

For the record, I completely understand parents flipping out at times. I'm not a parent but I'm aware of the fact that kids can drive you crazy. I tip my hat to all the good parents in this country.

But there is no excuse for calling your 11 year old daughter a "little pig".

83-Steelers-43
04-20-2007, 09:00 AM
So much for pumping up that self esteem.

Yeah really. I wonder what the guy would do if she failed to meet him for lunch?

fansince'76
04-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Baldwin always has had a temper - one more example.

Counselor
04-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Ya know, I hate to dissagree with you all---but we have no idea what really went on. It very well may have been more than "not answering a phone call" as the media reports.

And I find it terrible that Basinger leaked that to the press. It shows a mean spiritedness and an obvious contempt for the justice system. I think we've all had family disputes that we would not want reported. I know for a fact my mother called me a few names for being a mouthy 12-year old. I wouldn't really worry too much for the girl's self-esteem.

MasterOfPuppets
04-20-2007, 11:03 AM
i just heard the tools rant on tv. if he were my father,it would be a long time and a shit load of aologies before i ever spoke to that ass again.

X-Terminator
04-20-2007, 09:40 PM
You stay classy, Alec Baldwin...you friggin tool!

To be honest though, I've heard much, much worse than this growing up in the inner city. If you've ever seen a pissed-off black mother, you know what I'm talking about. It doesn't make Baldwin any less wrong, though.

83-Steelers-43
04-20-2007, 10:03 PM
i just heard the tools rant on tv. if he were my father,it would be a long time and a shit load of aologies before i ever spoke to that ass again.

I agree. I feel it's a different story when it comes to a mother going overboard with her son or a father going overboard with his son. When it comes a father calling his 11 year old daughter a "little pig", I feel that's a different story. Your a father, that is your daughter.

Yeah, big tough guy there. Sounds like Mr. Tough Guy Baldwin should be taken to certain areas in East Liberty/Bloomfield/New Kensington and taught a strong lesson.

Stlrs4Life
04-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Ya know, I hate to dissagree with you all---but we have no idea what really went on. It very well may have been more than "not answering a phone call" as the media reports.

And I find it terrible that Basinger leaked that to the press. It shows a mean spiritedness and an obvious contempt for the justice system. I think we've all had family disputes that we would not want reported. I know for a fact my mother called me a few names for being a mouthy 12-year old. I wouldn't really worry too much for the girl's self-esteem.

I agree. Only thing that I don't think he needed to do was call her names. But as far as his tone, no problem with that. Kim shouldn't have brought this into the public either.

stillers4me
04-21-2007, 06:38 AM
I have mixed feelings about this one, too.

Let's first start by saying I can't stand even one thing about Alec Balwin. Never have, never will.

That being said, (and I can't believe I'm actually thinking about standing up for this poor excuse of a human being....), having lived thought the same kind of experience with my husband and his so called "son" and ex-wife, I can unserstand the guys frustation, but I cannot support his methods. My husband's ex did a very good job of turning their son against his dad.......same deal with screening his phone calls, not being home when we were supposed to pick him up (multiple incidents) and now the kid is almost 20 years old, he has stopped taking his dad's calls since last fall. Russ has lseft message inviting him over for dinner, etc. and we hear nothing back. NOthing will ever hurt this man as bad as his son has. His mom has trained him well.

When I heard the message Alec Balwin left his daughter, I knew exactly what the guy was feeling. Russ could have left the identical message on his son's cell phone many, many times...........word for word. (except the plane part......he got in the car to pick the kid up many times and the kid and his mother were nowhere to be found and not answering their phones). What my husband did NOT do was leave a message for the mother to use against him........dumb move. Baldwin should have just got on the plane to California and took care of the matter in person. Not that it would do much good buit at least the whole world would not be part of it. Who knows what is really going on the that family.......it gets ugly and celebrities are no different than the rest of us.

I still can't stand the guy.

HometownGal
04-21-2007, 07:36 AM
While we don't really know what went on behind the scenes in this situation, there is absolutely NO excuse for a father to call his 11 year old daughter a pig or reference her in any other demeaning way. None whatsoever. I heard the taped conversation last night on the news and it is clear from Baldwin's tone of voice that he is irate. Alec Baldwin has shown over the years that he is a bitter, angry man with a huge chip on his shoulder, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he has displayed similar behaviors around his daughter in the past. Am I being judgmental here? Yep, but I'm only going by what I heard coming out of his own mouth in that conversation.

Kids are used as pawns in custody and divorce battles and it is pathetic to say the least. That is one of the biggest reasons why I stayed away from domestic relations law during my career.

Alec Baldwin - you should be ashamed of yourself and Kim Basinger shame on you for taking a very private matter and turning it into a public matter for your own advantage.

GBMelBlount
04-21-2007, 10:58 PM

I am still affected by some of the crap my dad said to me as a child. My older brother calls my father a rageaholic. It still doesn't compare to the things this miscreant said to his 11 year old. However, something tells me for some strange reason he will get a pass on this....imagine if "W" said this!

Elvis
04-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Try not to down the man... pray for him and his ex-wife and child that God will intervene with them and show him the right way he should have handled things..

HometownGal
04-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Try not to down the man... pray for him and his ex-wife and child that God will intervene with them and show him the right way he should have handled things..

I'll pray for him alright. I'll pray that the men in the little white coats come to take him to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time. :crazy01:

(and they're coming to take him away haha hehe hoho!)

fansince'76
04-23-2007, 07:38 PM
I'll pray for him alright. I'll pray that the men in the little white coats come to take him to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time. :crazy01:

(and they're coming to take him away haha hehe hoho!)

Maybe Ricky Williams can turn him on to some o' da kind so he'll calm down. :chuckle:

83-Steelers-43
04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Here's a shocker, Rosie O'Donnell is sticking up for him....lol. You gotta love the Hollywood far left.

MasterOfPuppets
04-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I have mixed feelings about this one, too.

Let's first start by saying I can't stand even one thing about Alec Balwin. Never have, never will.

That being said, (and I can't believe I'm actually thinking about standing up for this poor excuse of a human being....), having lived thought the same kind of experience with my husband and his so called "son" and ex-wife, I can unserstand the guys frustation, but I cannot support his methods. My husband's ex did a very good job of turning their son against his dad.......same deal with screening his phone calls, not being home when we were supposed to pick him up (multiple incidents) and now the kid is almost 20 years old, he has stopped taking his dad's calls since last fall. Russ has lseft message inviting him over for dinner, etc. and we hear nothing back. NOthing will ever hurt this man as bad as his son has. His mom has trained him well.

When I heard the message Alec Balwin left his daughter, I knew exactly what the guy was feeling. Russ could have left the identical message on his son's cell phone many, many times...........word for word. (except the plane part......he got in the car to pick the kid up many times and the kid and his mother were nowhere to be found and not answering their phones). What my husband did NOT do was leave a message for the mother to use against him........dumb move. Baldwin should have just got on the plane to California and took care of the matter in person. Not that it would do much good buit at least the whole world would not be part of it. Who knows what is really going on the that family.......it gets ugly and celebrities are no different than the rest of us.

I still can't stand the guy.so why direct your anger at an 11 yr old? there's a big difference between an 11 yr old than a 15 - 20 yr old. 11 yr olds are way more impressionable and don't have the liberty of making thier own decisions. is it her fault that her mom takes her somewhere knowing full well its her fathers time to get her?or her mom disconnects the phone just before he calls?

JPPT1974
04-23-2007, 09:43 PM
When I saw that on Inside Edition
I wanted to puke.
Personally I can't stand him at all.
Always thought he was a jerk.

SteelCzar76
04-23-2007, 09:51 PM
While we don't really know what went on behind the scenes in this situation, there is absolutely NO excuse for a father to call his 11 year old daughter a pig or reference her in any other demeaning way. None whatsoever. I heard the taped conversation last night on the news and it is clear from Baldwin's tone of voice that he is irate. Alec Baldwin has shown over the years that he is a bitter, angry man with a huge chip on his shoulder, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he has displayed similar behaviors around his daughter in the past. Am I being judgmental here? Yep, but I'm only going by what I heard coming out of his own mouth in that conversation.

Kids are used as pawns in custody and divorce battles and it is pathetic to say the least. That is one of the biggest reasons why I stayed away from domestic relations law during my career.

Alec Baldwin - you should be ashamed of yourself and Kim Basinger shame on you for taking a very private matter and turning it into a public matter for your own advantage.

Exactly.

stillers4me
04-23-2007, 10:56 PM
so why direct your anger at an 11 yr old? there's a big difference between an 11 yr old than a 15 - 20 yr old. 11 yr olds are way more impressionable and don't have the liberty of making thier own decisions. is it her fault that her mom takes her somewhere knowing full well its her fathers time to get her?or her mom disconnects the phone just before he calls?

I said I underststand his frustration.........not his methods. And I don't believe you fully understand an 11 or 12 year old today. They have cell phones and cell phones have caller id. My stepson was ignoring his dads calls even at that age and his daughter most likely was, too. My stepson managed to be somewhere else when we were to pick him up and that never had anything to do with his mother. (she allowed it to happen........but the child was calling the shots). He just made other plans when he knew his dad was to get him. They can be quite manipulative when they want to be. And when mom wants to punish the dad, she goes right along with it. I never said calling her a pig was the right thing to do.

GBMelBlount
04-23-2007, 11:01 PM
'Cause when you're a celebrity, it's adios reality. blame it on the fame, act just like a fool, people think your cool, just because you're on TV. I can throw a major fit, cause my latta ain't quite like I like it, they say I've gone insane, I blame it on the fame, the pressures that go with it, being a celebrity.... Brad Paisley.

Preacher
04-23-2007, 11:04 PM
After listening to the audio...

I too am completely mixed on this...

he one should IN NO WAY EVER resort to name calling children... NO PARENT SHOULD...No ADULT should. He is ABSOLUTELY WRONG for doing so.l

However... Look beyond the first reaction... read behind what is happening... here is a father who seems like he busts his butt to make sure he calls on time.. whenever he is supposed to. And what happens? His x wife and daughter blows him off.

Is his anger justifyable? Yes.....

Towards the daughter... somewhat

towards the x-wife.. absolutely...

did he handle it right? ABSOLUTELY NOT....

In the end... here are two SELFISH ADULTS teaching a daughter how to be even more selfish...

how sad...