PDA

View Full Version : Brady the face of Stetson

Livinginthe past
04-21-2007, 07:36 AM
When I seen the headline I initially thought that this would mean yet more photoshoots of Brady looking like an extra from Brokeback Mountain - alas, it isn't to be.

Stetson, as some of you may know, is (reportedly) low market fragrance for men and Brady is to be their flagship.

Interestingly, fellow metro-sexual sportstar David Beckham (soccer) is also part of their advertising campaign.

Here is a picture which truly reperesents the gritty, outdoors look of the hardworking cowboy (Disco's were the only way a Cowboy could relax, back in the day) - the face of Stetson Untamed.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/untamed_left.jpg

Enjoy the following sales blurb - sounds like Tom himself no?

Though the dust on his heels comes from the streets of the city, the heart of the urban cowboy beats with the spirit of the Wild West. With his rugged good looks, it is no surprise that his ability to charm women is legendary. Although many a good woman has tried to claim his heart, he remains...untamed.

A pre-draft gift to my Steeler buddies - enjoy :cheers:

fansince'76
04-21-2007, 10:23 AM
And all this time I thought Tom was gonna be the next spokesman for the Planned Parenthood Federation of America.... :chuckle:

TackleMeBen
04-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah he will have to do more endorsements now that Bridget will be backing up the Brinks truck to his door

tony hipchest
04-21-2007, 11:54 AM
thanks litp. you saved me the trouble :chuckle:

im not ashamed to say i had a bottle of stetson in jr. high that i got as a chrismas present from k-mart. i soon realized that chicks dig ralph laurens POLO much better.

this is a great marketing campaign bu stetson. it opens the doors to start a line of black leather assless chaps with red, silver, and blue sequins.

ive always compared tom brady to nascars poster boy/ sports geek champion jeff gordon who markets sesame street, the "rainbow warriors" and rockford fosgate sunglasses, which (for 8 bucks) can be found at a wal mart near you.

these guys wouldnt know cool if it bit them through their assless chaps.

:yeehaw:

Livinginthe past
04-21-2007, 12:00 PM
thanks litp. you saved me the trouble :chuckle:

im not ashamed to say i had a bottle of stetson in jr. high that i got as a chrismas present from k-mart. i soon realized that chicks dig ralph laurens POLO much better.

this is a great marketing campaign bu stetson. it opens the doors to start a line of black leather assless chaps with red, silver, and blue sequins.

ive always compared tom brady to nascars poster boy/ sports geek champion jeff gordon who markets sesame street, the "rainbow warriors" and rockford fosgate sunglasses, which (for 8 bucks) can be found at a wal mart near you.

these guys wouldnt know cool if it bit them through their assless chaps.

:yeehaw:

Now thats what im talking about!

I knew you'd kick start this thread and get it back on the path it needed to be on :cheers:

You know, should the Patriots fail to make the SB this year, Brady should 'come out' for the 'toss' of the coin wearing those red, white and blue assless chaps - tr?s patriotic! :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
04-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Though the dust on his heels comes from the streets of the city, the heart of the urban cowboy beats with the spirit of the Wild West. With his rugged good looks, it is no surprise that his ability to charm women is legendary. Although many a good woman has tried to claim his heart, he remains...untamed.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/tombradygoat.jpg

Livinginthe past
04-21-2007, 12:24 PM
We talking about Brady or the goat here? :wink02:

Jeremy
04-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Stetson: When English Leather is too expensive.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I knew Brady was a goat f---ker!

Livinginthe past
04-21-2007, 08:10 PM
I knew Brady was a goat f---ker!

C'mon you can do better than that!

fansince'76
04-21-2007, 09:06 PM
C'mon you can do better than that!

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/2005/0816/4857860.jpg

Daaa-ddy of the Year

:chuckle:

Livinginthe past
04-21-2007, 09:13 PM

Daaa-ddy of the Year

Ok, thats better :cheers:

Brady is good with the 'kids' :wink02:

fansince'76
04-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Ok, thats better :cheers:

Brady is good with the 'kids' :wink02:

One question, LITP. WHY, exactly, are you aiding and abetting the abuse of the greatest QB in the history of your franchise? I have to say, you're a bigger man than me by doing so. :huh:

tony hipchest
04-21-2007, 09:45 PM
One question, LITP. WHY, exactly, are you aiding and abetting the abuse of the greatest QB in the history of your franchise? I have to say, you're a bigger man than me by doing so. :huh:because it was bound to happen sooner or later. steelerfans wont let a juicy little nugget such as tom "stetson boy" brady pass them by.

"Stetson... When Old Spice makes your skin itch and burn"

Livinginthe past
04-21-2007, 09:47 PM
One question, LITP. WHY, exactly, are you aiding and abetting the abuse of the greatest QB in the history of your franchise? I have to say, you're a bigger man than me by doing so. :huh:

Ah, im only human.

Brady is an excellent figure of fun with his metrosexual ways - David Beckham - England Soccer Captain and allround sporting hero has also come in for some abuse from hardcore England fans (like myself) for wearing a sarong (or a dress depending on your viewpoint) at the request of his air headed wife.

That doesn't mean I don't think he is one of the best England players in memory and one of my own personal favorites.

No-one is above a bit of light hearted bashing in my book.

Brady is a great (in the true sense) footballer, a god send to a struggling franchise and all-round good guy - thats why I can have a little fun at his expense.

He knows better than to take any of this too seriously when he reads it :wink02:

Livinginthe past
04-21-2007, 09:48 PM
because it was bound to happen sooner or later. steelerfans wont let a juicy little nugget such as tom "stetson boy" brady pass them by.

"Stetson... When Old Spice makes your skin itch and burn"

Yeah.

That aswell :sofunny:

fansince'76
04-21-2007, 10:17 PM
No-one is above a bit of light hearted bashing in my book.

As long as you're cool with it, it's all good. At the risk of being reprimanded by our unofficial blast furnace mod (A.K.A. Poobah of Nothingness :chuckle:), I don't like Brady, but I respect the hell out of him as a QB. And yes, most of the dislike comes from losing to him in big games, not because of who he is as a person.

GBMelBlount
04-21-2007, 11:30 PM

Daaa-ddy of the Year

Bwaaaaaahaaaaahaaaa! Wonder what their "kids" will look like?

MACH1
04-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Looks like he's got the goats back feet stuck down his hip waders.

Crushzilla
04-24-2007, 09:38 AM
How can any Pat fan look at this and not be embarrassed?

He's holding a f***king goat...

He can barely even hold down his rugged "I can not be tamed like my little friend the goat" face...

Are you serious?

Come on, guy

rbryan
04-24-2007, 11:58 AM
I don't know how any Patriots fan can keep a straight face while gushing about thier beloved Patsies. ESPN bought and paid for those SB's (Not to mention the Blow Sox miracle) from all thier winnings at the Texas Hold Em Tournies they cram down your throat 24/7. Does anyone else see a problem with making gambling a sport? OK, then answer me this. Does anyone think that ESPN getting in bed with organized gambling is a good thing? I can see it now. Since most of our kids have no shot a competing in professional sports they can grow up aspiring to be Texas Hold Em heros.

Thats right the ESPN conspiracy theory is alive and well. Why even bother watching anymore. Chris Berman already knows whose gonna win next year. Wait a minute, I forgot he picks the Patsies every year.