PDA

View Full Version : Who impressed you most???

BB2W
09-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Which two players impressed you most, and were the bright spots of camp and pre-season?

TasmanianTroy271
09-01-2005, 10:19 PM
I put Keisel and Kemoeatu. For a 6th round pick he's been a steal, and Keisel's almost challenging for a starting role. I knew Willie could cut and run beforehand...

Stlrs4Life
09-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Washington, and Willie Parker were my votes. Washingtomm did drop that pass in the end zone. But overall, he looked good.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-01-2005, 10:30 PM
You cant make us choose just 2 !!! :D

I gotta go w/ Parker, Washington and Chris K.. all made names for themselves.

Ike Taylor,Keisel and Rian Wallace all had solid if not exceptional camps and preseason too.

BB2W
09-01-2005, 10:37 PM
I thought with one choice we would all pick Parker.... so the second choice will make it more interesting....

I went with Washington and Rian Wallace.... I know Willie looked great, but he was even better last year. Washington and Wallace were complete suprises for me. I didn't know if either would make the first cut. Washington looks like a good WR, with a lot of upside, and Rian Wallace looks like the next in a long line of great Steelers linebackers.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Wallace is a contact guy, definately what we need in the LB core, he should fit in nicely !

Koopa
09-01-2005, 11:04 PM
i went with willie and washington, i've liked willie since last year so that was just a bias pick and washington has really impressed me, i hope he doesn't get cut casue he could be something special.

ngreene15
09-01-2005, 11:18 PM
I went with Willie Parker, he showed that he can be a reliable back at the end of last year against Buffalo. He had a good pre season and with Duce and Jerome banged up, he may have to play a bigger role at the start of this year.

Prosdo
09-01-2005, 11:46 PM
I went with Willie Parker and Nate Washington. Willie Parker has been running very well and he looks to be progressing nicely. Nate Washington is one of our few tall guys. He isn't quite as tall as Fred Gibson, but he has had an impressive preseason in my opinion.

SteelZeal
09-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Chris K gets the nod over Willie. Not that Willie hasn't been great. Rather, I had an inkling of what Willie could do, but a 6th-round pick coming in and blowing people up on a consistent basis is too much to ignore.

Da Boot
09-02-2005, 12:40 PM
I went with Washington and Kemouato, only because they came out of nowhere. I already had an idea of what Parker could bring to the table, even though he did play lights out.

Prosdo
09-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Kemoeatu is definitely up there. He has played very well during the preseason. I can't wait to see more of him.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2005, 06:52 PM
If Kemoeatu keeps improving like he has in the short time he's here, this kid is gonna be something special. He's got the attitude, the size, and the desire, all he needs is the coaching..and Grimm is certainly the man for that.

Suitanim
09-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I went with Kemo, but the most impressive performances for me were from Starks and McFadden. I have heard so many negative things about both players that it was refreshing to see them perform well. Those 2 kids could really be future Steelers stars...

Koopa
09-02-2005, 09:31 PM
it's just ppl bad talking starks hoping to convince ppl that our o-line is going to suck because we're starting a nobody. and i don't know why ppl be talkin stuff about mcfadden i've heard nothing but good things about him from the staff. i love hard hitting corners, he's going to be cruical. damn i can't wait for this season to get started.

bigbensgirl7
09-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Willie and Nate! No questions in my book. And I have to say I am very excited about Nate...I might actually have a true connection to the Steelers now!!!

Suitanim
09-02-2005, 10:16 PM
it's just ppl bad talking starks hoping to convince ppl that our o-line is going to suck because we're starting a nobody. and i don't know why ppl be talkin stuff about mcfadden i've heard nothing but good things about him from the staff. i love hard hitting corners, he's going to be cruical. damn i can't wait for this season to get started.

The exact criticisms were that Starks was an effective run blocker but too clunky and slow too pass block. The knocks on McFadden were more about his size and the fact that he isn't disciplined and jumps routes too often ending up getting burnt.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2005, 11:31 PM
And the questions about Starks are quickly getting answered as he's improved his quickness and stability w/ his pass blocking by leaps and bounds...he'll still make some mistakes, but his upside is HUGE.

McFadden can be a beast for us for a long time.. he'll take some fine tuning but he comes to hit and he's got good speed.

clevestinks
09-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Parker and Washington. But I expected it from Parker, so I voted Washington.