PDA

View Full Version : The official 'Pimp Slap' the players you don't want thread !

SteelCzar76
04-22-2007, 10:26 AM
My fellow Draft pundits,...we all seem to have our favorites regarding this years draft. But with the big day less than a week away,...i decided to try something new. List the players that you would LEAST like to see us select in round one. (Feel free to elaborate or not)

As far as my choices,...

Lawrence Timmons. (This dude has 'Alonzo Jackson' written all over him IMO) Nuff said.

Jarvis Moss or Anthony Spencer. (In a better Class these two would'nt even be mentioned in the top 20. Not to mention the Barnes kid seems as though he'd be just as effective for us selected later as any of this years suppossed 'high profile tweeners')

Revis. (The kid is solid,.....but c'mon how is he now "all of the sudden" considered by some to be the best fit for us at cornerback in this years class ? Is it because he's become that good since the collegiate season ended ?? Or could it be just a matter of it 'sounding reasonable' because he played at Pitt ?) LOL knock it off !

Oh yeah,....and Quinton Moses. Not only because of concerns in regards to his work ethic. But also to bust LLT's ballz. LOL

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Please keep us away from

1) Jaamal Anderson...may end up being a stud..but I am worried about those who only have one full season on their resume

2) Charles Johnson...Happy recipient of the Quinton Moses double team award.

3) Dwayne Jarrett...what do you call a 6'4 WR that runs a 4.62 forty in the NFL ? ...a DE!

4) Lawrence Timmons: Stats: 2004=Backup. 2005=Backup 2006: 79 TK 5 SK 0 FF 1 INT ...WOW..8 sacks and 2 FF in three years.... UH..No thanks.

tony hipchest
04-22-2007, 11:22 AM
3) Dwayne Jarrett...what do you call a 6'4 WR that runs a 4.62 forty in the NFL ?

.a taller jerry rice?

any wr or convert in the 1st round.

eric wright in a later round

any qb that will bump st pierre off the roster, only to move on and sell our playbook to the bengals.

any rb over bush in the 3rd round or higher if hes still on the board.

any rb who makes you think "the next jerome". if hes not a top 10 pick he is not "the next jerome"

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2007, 11:29 AM
My fellow Draft pundits,...we all seem to have our favorites regarding this years draft. But with the big day less than a week away,...i decided to try something new. List the players that you would LEAST like to see us select in round one. (Feel free to elaborate or not)

As far as my choices,...

Lawrence Timmons. (This dude has 'Alonzo Jackson' written all over him IMO) Nuff said.

Jarvis Moss or Anthony Spencer. (In a better Class these two would'nt even be mentioned in the top 20. Not to mention the Barnes kid seems as though he'd be just as effective for us selected later as any of this years suppossed 'high profile tweeners')

Revis. (The kid is solid,.....but c'mon how is he now "all of the sudden" considered by some to be the best fit for us at cornerback in this years class ? Is it because he's become that good since the collegiate season ended ?? Or could it be just a matter of it 'sounding reasonable' because he played at Pitt ?) LOL knock it off !

Well I like Anthony Spencer and watched alot the last couple of seasons since I'm so close to Purdue. But any talk of him going in the top 20 is just crazy. I thought he could be an interesting tweener for the Steelers at OLB. But I never thought of him really as a first round pick. Maybe late first round like 28-32. But I always thought of him as a 2nd round talent with alot of upside. I worry about Spencer dropping into coverage but if there in the 2nd round the Steelers should draft him. I don't think he will be there though. Some team will pick him in the bottom of the first round.

As for players that I don't want at all. The over-rated Leon Hall is one.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Well I like Anthony Spencer and watched alot the last couple of seasons since I'm so close to Purdue. But any talk of him going in the top 20 is just crazy. I thought he could be an interesting tweener for the Steelers at OLB. But I never thought of him really as a first round pick. Maybe late first round like 28-32. But I always thought of him as a 2nd round talent with alot of upside. I worry about Spencer dropping into coverage but if there in the 2nd round the Steelers should draft him. I don't think he will be there though. Some team will pick him in the bottom of the first round.

As for players that I don't want at all. The over-rated Leon Hall is one.

Good points...PFW states that he is MUCH better at going forward than in dropping back....and that he may want to stay with one hand on the ground to optimize his talents.....but your right...there is no denying the talent and the production

Jeremy
04-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Adam Carriker and Tyler Palko.

Crushzilla
04-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Alan Branch...

Apparently the dude has mad stress fractures in his legs... NO THANKS

Michael Bush...

Doesn't he have a giant rod in his leg now? Unless he can play RB and his bionic leg can play linebacker, we'll pass...

C'mon if thewheels are falling off before the draft... Don't sign the lease out on the car

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I dont know how I forgot about RB Chris Henry....As freshman he played in only two games before getting hurt. In 04-05 he was a backup to Mike Bell, In 2006 he only started six games for 581 yds and a 3.5 average

*BUT HE RAN A 4.40 FORTY*..... To be honest...I dont care if he can teleport if he cant produce on the field!!!

tony hipchest
04-25-2007, 12:37 PM
I dont know how I forgot about RB Chris Henry....As freshman he played in only two games before getting hurt. In 04-05 he was a backup to Mike Bell, In 2006 he only started six games for 581 yds and a 3.5 average

*BUT HE RAN A 4.40 FORTY*..... To be honest...I dont care if he can teleport if he cant produce on the field!!!he potentially could have a career like willie parker or terrell davis. unfortunately some team will pay more than a 6th rounder for that "potential". it wont be the steelers.

coachspeak33
04-25-2007, 12:38 PM

As far as my choices,...

Oh yeah,....and Quinton Moses. Not only because of concerns in regards to his work ethic. But also to bust LLT's ballz. LOL

interesting points czar... I too dont get excited about Moss...as a Jr at that position, I just dont think he can help immediately...and IMO thats what 1st rounders are supposed to do

Timmons....his agent is Rosenhaus...so even if he turns out to be the man...he will leave at the conclusion of his rookie contract

Revis...again, I dont think our current roster allows him to pla much in 07 and 1st rounders shouldnt sit....But Deshea and Coke might be gone after 07

coachspeak33
04-25-2007, 12:42 PM
trading down and still landing Poz seems like such a sound decision to me....
we could trade down to early-mid 20's and still grap him...
the guy has a tremendous work ethic...
he is a local guy (so if drafted I would be cautiously optimistic that he wont try to squeeze every penny possible out of the rooneys)...
they say is a true student of the game...maybe he can teach Ben how to watch film

SteelCzar76
04-25-2007, 07:41 PM
interesting points czar... I too dont get excited about Moss...as a Jr at that position, I just dont think he can help immediately...and IMO thats what 1st rounders are supposed to do

Timmons....his agent is Rosenhaus...so even if he turns out to be the man...he will leave at the conclusion of his rookie contract

Revis...again, I dont think our current roster allows him to pla much in 07 and 1st rounders shouldnt sit....But Deshea and Coke might be gone after 07

My sentiments exactly Coach. (regarding 1st rounders) Though ultimately every pick is a 'roll of the dice' to some degree,.... one should seek to get best 'actual' value possible in regards to 'impact' in the opening round.
And to me 'reaching' at 15th on a player like Revis (whom i still believe is 'truthfully' of mid 2nd quality) simply because the corner class is so weak would be a mistake. Especially if one or more of the very few 'studs' of this Class are still on the board. (regardless of their position.)

SteelPerch
04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Brian Leonard - not a true HB or FB, way over-hyped cause he's a white boy.

Leon Hall - The guy should be called burnt toast for as bad as gets gets beaten OVER -RATED

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Please keep us away from

1) Jaamal Anderson...may end up being a stud..but I am worried about those who only have one full season on their resume

2) Charles Johnson...Happy recipient of the Quinton Moses double team award.

3) Dwayne Jarrett...what do you call a 6'4 WR that runs a 4.62 forty in the NFL ? ...a DE!

4) Lawrence Timmons: Stats: 2004=Backup. 2005=Backup 2006: 79 TK 5 SK 0 FF 1 INT ...WOW..8 sacks and 2 FF in three years.... UH..No thanks.

PLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEE prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!