PDA

View Full Version : Drafting a kicker?

Jeremy
04-22-2007, 10:47 AM
I know a lot of fans want to see the Steelers draft a punter, but what about another kicker? Mason Crosby from Colorado has one of the strongest legs I've ever seen in the college game and he did his kicking in the thin air of Colorado. If he's there in the 4th or 5th rounds, would you like to see the Steelers take a flyer on him as a kick off guy and someone who could back up both kicking positions?

The Duke
04-22-2007, 12:15 PM
I know a lot of fans want to see the Steelers draft a punter, but what about another kicker? Mason Crosby from Colorado has one of the strongest legs I've ever seen in the college game and he did his kicking in the thin air of Colorado. If he's there in the 4th or 5th rounds, would you like to see the Steelers take a flyer on him as a kick off guy and someone who could back up both kicking positions?

I don't think he'll be in 4th-5th rounds, he is a day one pick prospect. As for another kicker I think Jeff has done a good job, maybe he was a little off last year, but so was the rest of the team. Whoever is our new ST coordinator should work with him on the kickoffs though

Elvis
04-22-2007, 02:44 PM
I think that Reed will be fine. I do wish that he or someone could kick the ball off deeper than the usuall 15 or 20 yard line though. It just irritates me to death to see the opposition catch the ball at the 18 yard usually. A punter in the middle rounds like one of the compensation picks would not be a loss at all to me. There is a couple good punters available, we just got to make the right decision at the right time.. amen!