PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this?

Sith Lord
04-22-2007, 06:54 PM
What is Herm smokin'? And where can I get some?

Chiefs | L. Johnson on trading block?
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:54:43 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered RB Larry Johnson to teams in order to acquire more draft picks.

From kffl

verks36
04-22-2007, 06:56 PM
It is just a bluff

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't believe it at all.

And if it's true,the only thing I can think of is that him and Herm had a major falling out during the offseason that somehow did not go public.

HometownGal
04-22-2007, 09:39 PM
What is Herm smokin'? And where can I get some?

Chiefs | L. Johnson on trading block?
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:54:43 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have offered RB Larry Johnson to teams in order to acquire more draft picks.

From kffl

I call B.S. on this one. :bs: Herm would be publicly stoned at Arrowhead if he even entertained the thought of trading LJ.

SteelCzar76
04-22-2007, 09:58 PM
In all likelyhood this is nothing more than pure nonsense. Though the idea of L.J as a Steeler would indeed be worth giving the Chiefs Alan, a second rounder and next years first.
But then there would most likely be an issue with his ego in regards to splitting carries with Willie,... as well as the likely cap space his contract would consume.

Elvis
04-22-2007, 10:21 PM
I would hope that this is a joke...:coffee:

tony hipchest
04-22-2007, 10:52 PM
johnson has j. anderson, t. davis, and j. lewis written all over him. plus he wants a l. tomlinson sized contract. i can see why herm would consider that risk even though l. johnson may not even break down for the next 2-4 years. reggie bush is making $10 mil/year so larry's agent may ask for about 8% of a team total cap.

In all likelyhood this is nothing more than pure nonsense. Though the idea of L.J as a Steeler would indeed be worth giving the Chiefs Alan, a second rounder and next years first.
But then there would most likely be an issue with his ego in regards to splitting carries with Willie,... as well as the likely cap space his contract would consume.an offer like this is EXACTLY why herm and the chiefs would float such an idea.

id just as soon keep faneca and get a 3rd for him in compensation after next season, draft m. bush with said second, and still have our 1st going into next year. we would be better off in the long run, and perhaps even better. we would be dumb to offer faneca, holmes (1st), and a. smith (3rd) for johnson, so i wouldnt expect us to trade the same potential for someone who will either break down or eat a ton of cap... worst case senario- both.

we already essentially traded l. johnson once (for polamalu). to do it again would be ludicrous. like they say in the stock market... dont try to catch falling swords.

Preacher
04-22-2007, 11:53 PM
johnson has j. anderson, t. davis, and j. lewis written all over him. plus he wants a l. tomlinson sized contract. i can see why herm would consider that risk even though l. johnson may not even break down for the next 2-4 years. reggie bush is making $10 mil/year so larry's agent may ask for about 8% of a team total cap.

an offer like this is EXACTLY why herm and the chiefs would float such an idea.

id just as soon keep faneca and get a 3rd for him in compensation after next season, draft m. bush with said second, and still have our 1st going into next year. we would be better off in the long run, and perhaps even better. we would be dumb to offer faneca, holmes (1st), and a. smith (3rd) for johnson, so i wouldnt expect us to trade the same potential for someone who will either break down or eat a ton of cap... worst case senario- both.

we already essentially traded l. johnson once (for polamalu). to do it again would be ludicrous. like they say in the stock market... dont try to catch falling swords.

Yep... You are right...

and the question is... Is it better to have an absolute superstar in one position.. or strong, skilled players in three or four positions. I vote for the latter... and if trading one player will give that to a team... then do it.

Livinginthe past
04-23-2007, 06:17 AM
I wonder how many LJ will run for this year behind that disintegrated all-star O-line?

Maybe Herm realises that LJ's stock will never be higher and has decided to try and cash in.

If this did go down, one team that would be chewing a few finger nails would be San Diego - what value Michael Turner when LJ is on the same market?

Maybe thats even part of the ploy - to try and force a division rival to accept a bid lower than they would ideally want?

PalmerSteel
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
The Chiefs have made it known that they will be in the market for a rookie running back during the early rounds of the draft. "They've put that out there," agent Jerrold Colton told Friday's Kansas City Star. "They said they want the running back duties shared a little more to save the wear and tear on (Larry Johnson)." The Chiefs hold the No. 23 overall pick in next weekend's draft.

polamalufan43
04-23-2007, 04:28 PM
If it's a bluff, then nice stratagey.

If it's for real....

Herm is on crack rock....

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

fansince'76
04-23-2007, 05:15 PM
If it's a bluff, then nice stratagey.

If it's for real....

Herm is on crack rock....

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Is that anything like "Fraggle Rock?" :toofunny:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CSA461lg.jpg

silver & black
04-23-2007, 06:47 PM
I think he'd look great in Black & Gold!

...And even better in silver and black. :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
04-23-2007, 06:48 PM
...And even better in silver and black. :thumbsup:

where he'd average 2.2 yards a carry...:thumbsup:

silver & black
04-23-2007, 06:50 PM
where he'd average 2.2 yards a carry...:thumbsup:

Nah, he couldn't possibly suck that bad... not even behind our line.:sofunny:

Stlrs4Life
04-23-2007, 07:37 PM
I think he'd look great in Black & Gold!

No disrespect to Willie P. but he sure would!

Preacher
04-23-2007, 08:44 PM
I would LOVE to see some two back sets with those two in it.. heck.. Go with a full house backfield with Full back as well.

Run all three out.. swing routes and fullback up the middle...

Or just run the ball out of it... even pulling a guard... three moving blockers...

Dang.. things could get fun.

Found this link... there are team in the NFL that are using it at times... and it seems the Steelers, while not using it... are using a scheme like it when they run two TE, a full and halfback...

Check the link....

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2005/10/28/ramblings/too-deep-zone/3119/

tony hipchest
04-24-2007, 11:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10147306 sorry steelerfans. LJ wont be playing in the black and gold but he is definitely on the block.. and unfortunately for the cheifs, they may not have anyone willing to give up multiple draft picks and sign johnson to an $80 million deal.

the cheifs will be virtually hijacked by LJ's agent. im thinking c. enis and k. jana carter coulda done pretty well behind that chiefs line if the health and effort were there. larrys a great back, but he didnt do it all by himself. the chiefs dont wanna be handcuffed going into the future with a decimated o-line

Adam Schefter's "Around the League" reports and commentaries can be seen regularly on NFL Total Access.

(April 24, 2007) -- Of all the running backs available on draft day, none is any better than Larry Johnson, who is on the trade block, multiple NFL sources confirmed Tuesday.

The Kansas City Chiefs are dangling Johnson out there, seeing if they can entice teams to trade for the 27-year-old running back that has run for 3,539 yards and 37 touchdowns the past two seasons.

The Chiefs have spoken with the Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills and possibly others, but have not found anything close to a taker.

The Chiefs have tough decisions to make about RB Larry Johnson.
A Chiefs official insisted Tuesday that his team has not engaged in "specific" trade talks with any team. But it's a matter of semantics. They clearly have spoken in trade generalities with a number of teams, trying to gauge Johnson's value around the league and to their organization.

The reason the Chiefs are shopping Johnson is the exact reason that other teams are leery about trading for him.

Johnson is heading into the last year of his contract and is seeking a new deal that would eclipse the eight-year, $60 million contract given to San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson two years ago, before the NFL's salary-cap increased 36 percent. With the salary-cap skyrocketing, so is Johnson's asking price, and rightfully so.

But any team that trades for Johnson would have to satisfy the running back's asking price as well as the Chiefs', a difficult double play to pull off. One NFL general manager went as far as to say that Johnson was "untradeable -- who will pay that contract demand?"

Ultimately, maybe it will be the Chiefs, who continue to talk contract extension with Johnson in the hopes that the two sides can reach a peaceful resolution before training camp.

fansince'76
04-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Johnson is heading into the last year of his contract and is seeking a new deal that would eclipse the eight-year, $60 million contract given to San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson two years ago, before the NFL's salary-cap increased 36 percent. With the salary-cap skyrocketing, so is Johnson's asking price, and rightfully so.

Not if it renders him untradeable. The market simply doesn't look like it will bear his outrageous asking price. Economics 101.

MasterOfPuppets
04-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Not if it renders him untradeable. The market simply doesn't look like it will bear his outrageous asking price. Economics 101.
bingo!! sooner or later ,owners are going to have to slam the door in these players faces.

tony hipchest
04-25-2007, 12:09 AM
:yep: fansince76 and mop

these players cashing in reminds me of the stock market in 2000, when the internet bubble burst. those teams getting in now with huge cap space are liable to get burnt. the 49ers come to mind. even though the titans have tons of cash you dont see them on a spending spree trying to catch falling swords (swords that havent fallen yet but are bound to)

MACH1
04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
I think that the suckhawks are going to fall into that trap in the near future with their signings over the last year or two.

Buzz05
04-25-2007, 08:11 AM
I hope LJ can get all he can get. He is a stud RB. And the fact that he is an old PSU guy doesnt hurt at all either. What I find weird that people dont talk about with the trade talks is that LJ has a little bit of a bad attitude in the locker room. He didnt really see eye to eye with Vermeil and he and Herm are a little rocky. After his first year in KC I remember an article back home stating that he didnt really like KC to begin with. Do you think maybe his high contract needs are a reflection of him not liking KC. IF KC cant afford him then he goes some place closer to the east coast (where he is from) and he gets his big money. I dont know, just a thought.

I do know he has said in the past he wanted to be drafter by the Steelers or Eagles and was hurt when neither picked him up.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-25-2007, 10:36 AM
The Steelers didn't pick him up because of his bad attitude.