PDA

View Full Version : One Word of Advice To Mr. Tomlin for the Draft

jjpro11
04-24-2007, 01:31 AM
please dont embarrass us fans with your selections this weekend. i am not talking about bust vs superstar either... i am saying that i dont want any guy with questionable character being drafted. if you get a negative vibe from his demeanor and he has some baggage off the field, dont take him. living in cleveland, i dont want to have to try to defend one of our players because he was thrown in jail during the previous weekend. i dont want to see one of our guys whine, cry, and disrespect the opponent to the point that its embarrassing to watch either.

steelers fans dont like those kinds of people and players. we pride ourselves on supporting and paying to see guys that dont put us in danger off the field by driving intoxicated, illegally carrying weapons, and looking for fights. do the right think coach, because these kinds of players make the organization, fans, and coach look bad.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-24-2007, 01:40 AM
I doubt we will be drafting anyone with major character flaws.

And Tomlin doesn't make the picks,Kevin Colbert,the GM makes the picks.I am sure Tomlin will have some say,but the final say is up to Colbert and Dan Rooney.

Steeldude
04-24-2007, 05:56 AM
please dont embarrass us fans with your selections this weekend. i am not talking about bust vs superstar either... i am saying that i dont want any guy with questionable character being drafted.

steelers fans dont like those kinds of people and players. we pride ourselves on supporting and paying to see guys that dont put us in danger off the field by driving intoxicated, illegally carrying weapons, and looking for fights. do the right think coach, because these kinds of players make the organization, fans, and coach look bad.

holmes wasn't exactly busting with great character.

but i know what you mean. the NFL and its teams need to be more strict with players. i see nothing wrong with adding a clause in their contract that says "if you are convicted of a DUI we will take away 75% or more of your salary each year". how difficult is it to avoid drinking and driving?

abgroove
04-24-2007, 07:23 AM
It is not the history of the Steelers organization to draft character problem. I don't think that would change just because there is a new coach. By the way, Mr Colbert is the head of the draft, not Mr Tomlin. So, if there is somehow this radical change in the way things have been done, the blame should be focused on Colbert

HometownGal
04-24-2007, 08:06 AM
I really don't think you have to worry about Kevin Colbert/Mike Tomlin/Dan Rooney bringing any draftee on board who is a known problem child. The Steelers just don't operate that way.

The ground beef of the draft will be selected by the Bungles and the prime rib will be chosen by the Steelers, as history has shown for the most part. :tt02: :tt02:

coachspeak33
04-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Here's my memo Colbert/Tomlin:

Make a draft day move with one of the current steelers whose financial situation places his future with the Steelers in doubt!!!!!!!

Dont wait until they are unmovable to acknowledge that indeed their future is in question.

TackleMeBen
04-24-2007, 08:16 AM
this is what the bengals will be handing out to its new draft picks this year. Instead of get out of jail free, they will get the following...
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/bungholesmonopoly2.gif

coachspeak33
04-24-2007, 09:08 AM
I feel confident about having Ben as our QB until I see that gay-as-hell picture of him at the bottom of TackleMeBen's posts.....THAT IS AWFUL

coachspeak33
04-24-2007, 09:12 AM
the one on the far right.....HA-HA-HA-HOMO......J/K Big Ben...your our guy

TackleMeBen
04-24-2007, 11:11 AM
the one on the far right.....HA-HA-HA-HOMO......J/K Big Ben...your our guy

Maybe he was hanging out with Tom Brady that day and got in touch with his metrosexual side????? :flap:

If it makes you uncomfortable, I could change it.

coachspeak33
04-24-2007, 11:14 AM
I think ben's got too much midwest in him to be as metro as Brady

TackleMeBen
04-24-2007, 11:16 AM

when we see a picture of ben holding a goat like brady then we might want to worry..lol

don't know about that. he can clean up well.
he is a diva afterall...lol

jjpro11
04-24-2007, 04:59 PM
I doubt we will be drafting anyone with major character flaws.

And Tomlin doesn't make the picks,Kevin Colbert,the GM makes the picks.I am sure Tomlin will have some say,but the final say is up to Colbert and Dan Rooney.

i know who makes the picks.. the coaches are a part of it too. i just dont want him sacrificing a pick for a bonehead who could make an immediate impact, allowing tomlin to win over the fans, but have his behavior catch up with him in the long run. hell, the same could be said for colbert and the gang wanting to make tomlin look as good as possible now so they dont here about cowher too much next year. just a theory.

Elvis
04-26-2007, 05:23 PM
please dont embarrass us fans with your selections this weekend. i am not talking about bust vs superstar either... i am saying that i dont want any guy with questionable character being drafted. if you get a negative vibe from his demeanor and he has some baggage off the field, dont take him. living in cleveland, i dont want to have to try to defend one of our players because he was thrown in jail during the previous weekend. i dont want to see one of our guys whine, cry, and disrespect the opponent to the point that its embarrassing to watch either.

Amen Brother... But I think that Tomlin will not make a decision without the Rooneys being involved ... do you?:helmet:

steeler614
04-26-2007, 07:23 PM
so is Ben a nancy boy?

GBMelBlount
04-26-2007, 08:38 PM
when we see a picture of ben holding a goat like brady then we might want to worry..lol

don't know about that. he can clean up well.
he is a diva afterall...lol

TMB, love your Avatar, etc. However, I am afraid there are some pictures of Ben coming with cheese, BIG cheese, and maybe, just maybe a Ben picture with his favorite sheep! We'll see.

verks36
04-26-2007, 08:59 PM
MY one word would be " HAWAINBOWLINGBALL" we need to get that dude he would fit are scheme perfectly

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2007, 09:42 PM
We Shouldn't have much problem telling who's going to cause the Problems and who will be the reliable guy.

TackleMeBen
04-27-2007, 12:20 PM
TMB, love your Avatar, etc. However, I am afraid there are some pictures of Ben coming with cheese, BIG cheese, and maybe, just maybe a Ben picture with his favorite sheep! We'll see.

:flap: I was going to change it, but I cant get anything I like, so I am stuck with this one..lol

Woogie
04-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Too funny....you've never met my husband who's from the same town as Ben...he's definitely got some metrosexual in him!