PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here get a Comcast Sports Network?

Jeremy
04-24-2007, 11:54 AM
If so, what do you think of it?

Buzz05
04-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah I got it. I dont like it at all. The programs are terrible. We also have MASN down here in Baltimore and that isnt bad. I would rather have FSN though

TackleMeBen
04-24-2007, 02:01 PM
I hate comcast period. I seriously thinking about getting direct tv.

Jeremy
04-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah I got it. I dont like it at all. The programs are terrible. We also have MASN down here in Baltimore and that isnt bad. I would rather have FSN though

I've heard good things about MASN. I know they're really trying to expand their porgramming lineup.

Buzz05
04-24-2007, 03:14 PM
I've heard good things about MASN. I know they're really trying to expand their porgramming lineup.

Yeah MASN isnt bad. I do like how they show Penn State games in the fall. MASN 2 however is pretty much like a C-SPAN type channel when there isnt any baseball on. Atleast in the evenings. But MASN is good.

Comcast is terrible. But here they kinda got us corned. Verizon cable hasnt made its way here just yet. And in order to get Comcast internet you need cable. And if u were to get Direct TV and Verizon internet you need to have in available in your area and its not available in all areas. So comcast kinda has ya in a corner.

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2007, 09:13 AM
I love it. Here in Pittsburgh they have a section strictly dealing with Steelers football called "Steelers 24/7".

On Steelers 24/7:

Events Includes "Dean's Dairy 202 deals with women learning football, Steelers fashion show and Ladies Night 2006. Not exactly the section I prefer.

Steelers Shows: Includes Steelers Digest, Week in Steelers Country, Bill Cowher show, Steelers Insider and Wolf's World.

In the Community: Interviews with Steeler players while they are doing charities.

Kids: Youth football and kids zone.

Game Day Exclusive 2006: 10 minute preview of Steeler games from the sidelines.

FSN Specials: Cowher press conference when he retired. Tomlin press conference when he was introduced.

Players/Coaches: Interviews with coaches and players on the Steelers. "Day in the life" is pretty cool. Follow Steeler players around for a day. Also includes the NFL scouting combine hosted by Wolfley and press conferences.

Steelers Specials: Tunch and Wolf travel, Behind the scenes and Super Bowl shows from XL (White House visit, Steelers parade in Pittsburgh, etc. etc.).

Comcast also has a section for "Games of the Week" in the "Local Zone" and "In My Own Words" which deals with Pittsburgh sports figures. Each interview normally runs about an hour.

Jeremy
05-04-2007, 11:34 AM
More and more FSN and Comcast are working together.

Comcast just purchased FSN New England and they got FSN Pittsburgh in a stock swap last year.

Personally I'm all for anything that takes a bite out of E$PN and their evil little empire.

Buzz05
05-04-2007, 11:47 AM
More and more FSN and Comcast are working together.

Comcast just purchased FSN New England and they got FSN Pittsburgh in a stock swap last year.

Personally I'm all for anything that takes a bite out of E$PN and their evil little empire.

Thats good to hear. Too bad down here the sports shows suck. Its like its all generic and just lame. I duno maybe I am biased toward FSN because I am so used to it, but it seems like the anchors here are stuck in the minor leagues of broadcasting. MASN however is starting to come along, atleast MASN is going to show major college football in the fall where as Comcast shows the schools that no one really cares about.

Jeremy
05-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Thats good to hear. Too bad down here the sports shows suck. Its like its all generic and just lame. I duno maybe I am biased toward FSN because I am so used to it, but it seems like the anchors here are stuck in the minor leagues of broadcasting. MASN however is starting to come along, atleast MASN is going to show major college football in the fall where as Comcast shows the schools that no one really cares about.

MASN, to the best of my knowledge, uses the ESPN+ system for their additional programming.

Don't forget that Comcast is still pretty new to the sports thing. This past year, they made an unsolicited bid to Disney to try to get ESPN. Comcast is going to do what they have to do to stregthen their business. If that means buying E$PN or establishing stronger ties with FSN, they're going to do it.

MACH1
05-04-2007, 12:26 PM
I hate comcast period. I seriously thinking about getting direct tv.

Just do it. :smile:

Used to have comcant, switched to dtv and never looked back.

Buzz05
05-04-2007, 12:29 PM
MASN, to the best of my knowledge, uses the ESPN+ system for their additional programming.

Don't forget that Comcast is still pretty new to the sports thing. This past year, they made an unsolicited bid to Disney to try to get ESPN. Comcast is going to do what they have to do to stregthen their business. If that means buying E$PN or establishing stronger ties with FSN, they're going to do it.

They do use ESPN + because thats how I was able to see a lot of the PSU games last fall. Disney would never give up ESPN. Its a cash cow for them..way too much of the green stuff involved.

Jeremy
05-04-2007, 12:30 PM
We did DirecTV for three months before we cancelled it and went back to cable. I had nothing but trouble with them and would never reccomend them to anyone.

Jeremy
05-04-2007, 12:32 PM
They do use ESPN + because thats how I was able to see a lot of the PSU games last fall. Disney would never give up ESPN. Its a cash cow for them..way too much of the green stuff involved.

Don't be so sure. Disney listened to the offer before rejecting it. It was over a billion dollars they offered for the whole package. I won't say it's going to happen, but there's always a chance that it could. Comcast is a player and they're just going to keep being aggressive and getting better at what they do.

Buzz05
05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
We did DirecTV for three months before we cancelled it and went back to cable. I had nothing but trouble with them and would never reccomend them to anyone.

My parents just got Dish Network earlier this week and so far they like it. They hated Comcast and it was too expensive for them for what they wanted. We are actually talking about getting DirecTV when we move into our townhouse later this summer for NFL Sunday Ticket and its cheaper. It would be nice since Im a Steelers fan and my roommate is a big Eagles fan. If we could get cheap reliable internet through them it would be a no brainer but since they work with Verizon its a little pricey to get just the internet and no phone with it.

Don't be so sure. Disney listened to the offer before rejecting it. It was over a billion dollars they offered for the whole package. I won't say it's going to happen, but there's always a chance that it could. Comcast is a player and they're just going to keep being aggressive and getting better at what they do.

I know ComCast is a player, it seems that they are buying up as many cable companies as possible and turning it into a monopoly, the only cable companies I can think of right now is Comcast, Cox, Time Warner...and I think Cable Vision? Not sure on the last one though..

In there defense I do really like the OnDemand options that they have, I can catch up on Sopranos and Entourage anytime I want

MACH1
05-04-2007, 12:48 PM

Dont now what kind of problems you had with them but me personally have not had any problems with them.

As far as the disney thing goes I think Dtv got that deal, Disney is supposed to be launching a bunch of new channels later this year.

Jeremy
05-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Cox is what I have here in Tucson and I hate it. Cox is as bad as DirecTv.

I'm a little fuzzy on one thing, who works with Verizon? I only ask because I think Verizon is far and away the worst cell provider on the planet. I know at least a dozen people who get pissed when they hear Verizon mentioned.

Jeremy
05-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Dont now what kind of problems you had with them but me personally have not had any problems with them.

As far as the disney thing goes I think Dtv got that deal, Disney is supposed to be launching a bunch of new channels later this year.

Did you know Disney once sued a daycare for having their characters on the walls without having paid them for the right? That's right, they sued a daycare.

I'm not a big Disney guy. My son and daughter love their movies, so we still give them some of out business. I also hadn't heard about any new launches coming up for them and I like to think I keep a pretty close eye on those kinds of things.

Buzz05
05-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Cox is what I have here in Tucson and I hate it. Cox is as bad as DirecTv.

I'm a little fuzzy on one thing, who works with Verizon? I only ask because I think Verizon is far and away the worst cell provider on the planet. I know at least a dozen people who get pissed when they hear Verizon mentioned.

I know DirecTV works with Verizon as far as internet and cable service goes. Verizon is launching their own cable service but since its not available in all areas DirecTV is partnering with them for their package deals.

I have Verizon cell and I think its pretty good, I get good reception pretty much everywhere and I very rarely have a call dropped.

Jeremy
05-04-2007, 01:07 PM
I know DirecTV works with Verizon as far as internet and cable service goes. Verizon is launching their own cable service but since its not available in all areas DirecTV is partnering with them for their package deals.

I have Verizon cell and I think its pretty good, I get good reception pretty much everywhere and I very rarely have a call dropped.

I left Verizon because of their customer service. Far and away the worst customer service I have ever had on any product I have had. Constantly misbilling me for things I didn't have, endless call loops, and flat out rude customer service reps. Oddly enough, those are some of the same reasons I left DirecTv. I guess birds of a feather flock together huh.

Buzz05
05-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I left Verizon because of their customer service. Far and away the worst customer service I have ever had on any product I have had. Constantly misbilling me for things I didn't have, endless call loops, and flat out rude customer service reps. Oddly enough, those are some of the same reasons I left DirecTv. I guess birds of a feather flock together huh.

Oh I agree with you on the customer service, pretty bad. I had a terrible time with my internet service through them last year, they guys didnt know they head from an hole in the ground. As far as cell phone service goes i like it, I have friends who have Cingular and they hate it.

Jeremy
05-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Oh I agree with you on the customer service, pretty bad. I had a terrible time with my internet service through them last year, they guys didnt know they head from an hole in the ground. As far as cell phone service goes i like it, I have friends who have Cingular and they hate it.

I have my phone through Qwest, which is a local deal, and I love it. I don't think I've ever had a dropped call and we can call home to cell for free. It's just a really solid package.

Buzz05
05-04-2007, 01:17 PM
I have my phone through Qwest, which is a local deal, and I love it. I don't think I've ever had a dropped call and we can call home to cell for free. It's just a really solid package.

Isnt that what the SeaSucks field is named after? Qwest Field? It must be a western thing. To be honest with ya if more companies had a home or cell typle plan it would benefit so many people. I know a lot of people who dropped home phone service just because its pointless anymore since everyone uses their cell for everything. Thats what I did

Jeremy
05-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Isnt that what the SeaSucks field is named after? Qwest Field? It must be a western thing. To be honest with ya if more companies had a home or cell typle plan it would benefit so many people. I know a lot of people who dropped home phone service just because its pointless anymore since everyone uses their cell for everything. Thats what I did

They're mainly out here. The farthest east they go is Iowa/Minnesota. They're great though, we have both our home and cell service through them and I love it. The only problem with doing a bundle with them is that they only do DirecTV and I won't have a tv provider that goes out when a bird flies by the dish.

TackleMeBen
05-04-2007, 02:17 PM
I hate Comcast. I paid my bill once with my credit card and someone reversed the charges and said that I didnt pay it when it showed up on the bill. Their sports package sucks, they repeat the samething and its nothing anyone wants to see. I loved directv when I had it.

As for Verizon, I had them for cell phone service and you are right they are rude and billed you for things that you dont have. My uncle did a payment over the phone and they said they never got it and sent him to collections for it.

83-Steelers-43
05-04-2007, 02:50 PM

Yeah, I never had trouble with Comcast in the customer service department. I had one problem since I've had Comast and they were very helpful, did what they had to do and that was that. Never had a problem since.

ChronoCross
05-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Before even getting a Cell phone, go to each provider, sprint, verizon, cingular, t-mobile and so on and check there map coverage of your area. It happens in my area, cingular provides more towers and better signal, but in other areas of the country you could see were sprint was better in some places and verizon in others. Do your homework before you just jump to any cell phone company, especially if you travel a lot. Far as Cable companies go.. I just love my Direct TV..