PDA

View Full Version : Why little kids do not belong on the sidelines!

83-Steelers-43
04-24-2007, 08:49 AM
He's fine.....

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.html?042407/042407_ff_football&FOX_Friends&Between%20a%20Player%20and%20a%20Hard%20Place&acc&FOX%26Friends&-1&Shows&41&&&new

Probably not the smartest area of the football field to have your kid.

Stlrs4Life
04-24-2007, 11:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je8N-lP_T5Q (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je8N-lP_T5Q)

What were the parents thinking?:banging:

fansince'76
04-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Hey Stlrs4life, moved this to the media section. I have also embedded the link for you below. Thanks. :smile:

Je8N-lP_T5Q

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-24-2007, 11:50 PM

Saw an interview with his mom she said she turned her back for a moment and he was gone. You can bet you'll never see a kid on the sidelines again. It was a bonehead move on the planners part. A 4 year old should only be on the field before or after the game.

fansince'76
04-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Reminds me of the WS a few years ago when Dusty Baker's then 4-year-old son almost got run over on the base path near home plate. Too bad nobody was around to scoop this kid out of harm's way just in the nick of time as well. Poor little guy.

Buzz05
04-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Yeah kinda sucks for him now..but atleast he will have a killer story to tell people when he grows up! And maybe a sweet scar to go with it haha.

verks36
04-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah kinda sucks for him now..but atleast he will have a killer story to tell people when he grows up! And maybe a sweet scar to go with it haha.

YA tru that no one could top that scar story:flap:

83-Steelers-43
04-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey Stlrs4life, moved this to the media section. I have also embedded the link for you below. Thanks. :smile:

Je8N-lP_T5Q

Sorry fansince'76, you might want to move this one also. I put it in the locker room.

Thanks and sorry. http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16440

floodcitygirl
04-25-2007, 09:24 AM
When I saw this on the news yesterday I wanted to go thru the tv screen and thump those parents. That poor baby! No point in him being there in the first place. He wouldn't have a clue what was happening on that field. I won't ask what they were thinking, because they obviously weren't!

fansince'76
04-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Sorry fansince'76, you might want to move this one also. I put it in the locker room.

Thanks and sorry. http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16440

No problem, 83 - I have merged the threads together. Thanks for the heads-up. :smile:

Preacher
04-25-2007, 04:39 PM
A kid was running through the isles one time at a hockey game... a puck left the ice, flew up a number of rows and hit the kid... causing some serious damage.

From my foggy recollection.. the parents tried to sue!!

You know... if your at a hockey game.. and pucks are flying at close to or just over a hundred miles and hour... and they bounce of cross bars and off stick into the crowd....

KEEP YOUR CHILDREN UNDER CONTROL!

ChronoCross
04-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Its bad that the kid was there in the first place. Imagine if the player did not put his arms around the kid trying to lessen the blow. Heads up by the player.

83-Steelers-43
04-25-2007, 05:06 PM
A kid was running through the isles one time at a hockey game... a puck left the ice, flew up a number of rows and hit the kid... causing some serious damage.

From my foggy recollection.. the parents tried to sue!!

You know... if your at a hockey game.. and pucks are flying at close to or just over a hundred miles and hour... and they bounce of cross bars and off stick into the crowd....

KEEP YOUR CHILDREN UNDER CONTROL!

IMO, I can't put full blame on the parents. I feel some blame should be put on CS for allowing children on the field to begin with. Was the father the sharpest tool in the shed? No.

As for hockey. Reminds me of the girl who was killed at a Columbus Blue Jackets game back in 2002 when a hockey puck left the rink and hit the girl in the head while she was sitting in her seat. The parents split a $1.2 million dollar settlement given to them from the NHL and other groups. IMO, I believe that family had a legitimate beef and I am glad the NHL put the netting up. It took me some time to get used to it because I sit in section B16, but now I don't even notice it's there.

LambertIsGod58
04-25-2007, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je8N-lP_T5Q (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je8N-lP_T5Q)

I know accidents happen...I'm not a perfect parent. But, this would not have happened to my son.

jjpro11
04-26-2007, 01:35 AM
jesus christ.. that helmet could have crushed his skull and the wall impact could have snapped his neck. he is one lucky little guy.

Elvis
04-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Yeh.. very sad situation with this little guy, but all is well and that is all that matters. I do agreee though that the children if they are gonna be on the field during practice or whatever then they should be where the team benches are or behind them not in the endzone area. I just hope and pray that the little man is ok...Amen?

meanjoecoop
04-26-2007, 09:07 AM
He's fine.....

With the exception that following the injury the kid now claims to be a Bengals fan. So much for the "no brain damage" diagnosis. :dang:

Do you think the NFL will use this kid in their defense of the concussion investigation? :wink02:

Jeremy
04-26-2007, 10:51 AM
The story actually has kind of a happy ending.

Happy Ending (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/25/earlyshow/main2725492.shtml)

Turns out the player has a daughter of his own and did everything he could think of to try and keep the kid safe.

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2007, 10:53 AM
With the exception that following the injury the kid now claims to be a Bengals fan. So much for the "no brain damage" diagnosis. :dang:

Do you think the NFL will use this kid in their defense of the concussion investigation? :wink02:

Maybe if the dad let's him get kicked by a donkey it will be reversed and he will end up a Steeler fan? Or we can just let Casey Hampton give him a bear hug?

meanjoecoop
04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Maybe if the dad let's him get kicked by a donkey it will be reversed and he will end up a Steeler fan? Or we can just let Casey Hampton give him a bear hug?

If he was waving a terrible towel he would have been a lot more visible! :smile:

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
If he was waving a terrible towel he would have been a lot more visible! :smile:

Excellent point. :tt02:

Preacher
04-26-2007, 02:05 PM
IMO, I can't put full blame on the parents. I feel some blame should be put on CS for allowing children on the field to begin with. Was the father the sharpest tool in the shed? No.

As for hockey. Reminds me of the girl who was killed at a Columbus Blue Jackets game back in 2002 when a hockey puck left the rink and hit the girl in the head while she was sitting in her seat. The parents split a $1.2 million dollar settlement given to them from the NHL and other groups. IMO, I believe that family had a legitimate beef and I am glad the NHL put the netting up. It took me some time to get used to it because I sit in section B16, but now I don't even notice it's there.

When the child is sitting in the seat... the parents have a reasonable chance to try and knock the puck away. They deserved every cent they got for that....

WHat I don't like is when the parents let thier children run with abandon... and THEN blame the teams....

When i was growing up, a younger brother of a friend was sitting down watching a hockey game. A guy took a slap shot... it deflected of a defensmen's stick and hit my friends brother in the head. He died a couple of days later. In that case, the blame fell SQUARELY on the arena because they were to dang cheap to put up glass around the rink.

Funny thing... the glas went up within a couple of weeks after the incident. A shame someone had to die first.

polamalufan43
04-26-2007, 03:25 PM
I'd love to know what the guy who hit the kids was thinking....

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

steelersfanman92
04-26-2007, 04:25 PM
definetly should not have been there and lets hope it doesnt happen again

83-Steelers-43
04-27-2007, 09:33 AM
WHat I don't like is when the parents let thier children run with abandon... and THEN blame the teams....

I agree completely. I see it all the time at Mellon Arena. During pregame warmups parents let their kids run up, down and across the isles. Granted, they have nets up now, but that doesn't mean pucks can't leave the ice and still end up in the stands. Also, I can't begin to count how many times I've seen a little one wipe out on the steps.