PDA

View Full Version : How to keep Faneca & Polamalu

tony hipchest
04-25-2007, 12:01 AM
http://www.steelersalarycap.com/articles/2007Projection.htm

im sure i have quoted or cited this site plenty of times (thanks AZ steeler) but it is pertinent to this weeks talk and is the most comprehensive view of the steelers cap situation i have found. this will keep our current team intact (i am still amazed at how on point the author was concerning ALL the steelers off season moves- cutting porter, keeping a. smith, etc.)

this plan works for 2007. unfortunately, i feel it is shortsighted and pushes us even closer to the inevitable... salary cap hell, where in 08, we are purging all of our talent , like the post sb titans, and drafting high like they were last year.

fansince'76
04-25-2007, 12:04 AM
I think it goes deeper than just the Benjamins with Faneca at this point.

jjpro11
04-25-2007, 01:09 AM
i just want troy.

abgroove
04-25-2007, 07:39 AM
i just want troy.

yeah... what he said...

:cheers:

Buzz05
04-25-2007, 07:55 AM
I think it goes deeper than just the Benjamins with Faneca at this point.

It sure seems thats way don't it. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall during the conversation between him and Tomlin thats for sure...

coachspeak33
04-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Even if Faneca and Tomlin were pen pals....Faneca wouldnt be happy to play for 4 million this season...

His peers are making almost double him....he is better than they are....in Alan's eyes IMO he probably thinks that is unnacceptable

coachspeak33
04-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Hell look at Peezy and Cowher....best buds...but peezy didnt like to play for less than fair market value

19ward86
04-25-2007, 06:02 PM
faneca will be traded and then troy will be signed, i would be amazed if polamalu wasnt signed to a 6 or 7 year contract before the start of the season. ill predict 6 yr/30 mil.

tony hipchest
04-25-2007, 06:11 PM
faneca will be traded and then troy will be signed, i would be amazed if polamalu wasnt signed to a 6 or 7 year contract before the start of the season. ill predict 6 yr/30 mil.word is he'lle go for a dollar more than what ed reed got.

5 mil/ year is a little off. he wont go for it, considering what the 9ers gave n. clements.

SteelersTilIDie
04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
The answer is simple. You don't. Faneca will leave after next year most likely. He wants to follow Grimm to Arizona, and I am alright with that. But I would wrather trade him this year than let him leave without anything in return next year.

WWIIOwheelz
04-25-2007, 09:25 PM
word is he'lle go for a dollar more than what ed reed got.

5 mil/ year is a little off. he wont go for it, considering what the 9ers gave n. clements.

Not to be branded as the anti-Troy (I LOVE the guy, who wouldn't), he got burned in man situations more than once last season, and burned badly. The guy hits hard, is passionate, and wears his emotions on his sleeve, and we love him for it. He deserves a top contract, but not a team-wrecking one.

GBMelBlount
04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Even if Faneca and Tomlin were pen pals....Faneca wouldnt be happy to play for 4 million this season...

His peers are making almost double him....he is better than they are....in Alan's eyes IMO he probably thinks that is unnacceptable

I obviously agree.

ExtonSteelFan
04-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Not to be branded as the anti-Troy (I LOVE the guy, who wouldn't), he got burned in man situations more than once last season, and burned badly. The guy hits hard, is passionate, and wears his emotions on his sleeve, and we love him for it. He deserves a top contract, but not a team-wrecking one.

You left out the fact that troy was playing hurt for a good portion of the season. He was obviously hurt when he got burned against baltimore. The team as a whole played poorly this past year. Let's see what he does this year, but I do agree with you that he deserves a top contract, but not one that wrecks the team.

CargoJon
04-26-2007, 10:32 AM
The answer is simple. You don't. Faneca will leave after next year most likely. He wants to follow Grimm to Arizona, and I am alright with that. But I would wrather trade him this year than let him leave without anything in return next year.

Might as well have picked up the Steelers and just moved them to Arizona this year after Wiz and Grimm left. Now everybody wants to be there anyway....

2 years from now it will be Ben, Willie, and a bunch of guys that Tomlin drafted.

ben2hines=6
04-26-2007, 03:00 PM
funny cause there is prob more steelers fans in arizona than cardinal fans...haha

polamalufan43
04-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Well, I have said that at this point I'm a little tired with Faneca's tude about the contract, but after mulling over it for awhile I'd like to see both still on the team, but if it mean s being in the Cap hell, then I really don't know.

~Polamalufan43:tt02: