PDA

View Full Version : BSP is back...again...

Edman
04-25-2007, 07:09 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=68#S=68&F=1897&T=443417

Let's face it. This guy just won't go away.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-25-2007, 09:30 AM
LOL..the best part of the link is the streaming video under the post...of Harrison body slamming the brown fan!!!!!:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Wasn't he giving info to the Ravens?

Next year the Ravens will snatch him back up so they can get info on the new playbook.

Why the hell did we resign him?We did well enough with just Ben and Batch last year.

HometownGal
04-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Wasn't he giving info to the Ravens?

Next year the Ravens will snatch him back up so they can get info on the new playbook.

Why the hell did we resign him?We did well enough with just Ben and Batch last year.

If St. Pierre is a stoolie, considering that we play the Rats twice a season, he may turn out to be an asset if you know what I mean. :thumbsup:

Considering that both Ben and Batch are somewhat injury prone, I think it's a good idea to re-sign a QB who already knows the system and the cast of characters.

steelersfanman92
04-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Yea he has a little upside with him being in the system for a few years he just isnt worth that type of money, at least from my point of view.

tony hipchest
04-25-2007, 12:17 PM
it kinda pisses me off we are stuck paying him $850,000 in hush money. last year he was a classic victim of "pump 'n' dump". it would be a shame to give him the new playbook and have him learn all the new verbage, only to cut him in camp so he can go sell the trade secrets to the bungles.

unfortunately, i think we are stuck with him, for this year and the bungles will have to wait till next season to sign him.

SteelerMurf
04-25-2007, 12:40 PM
BSP and Matt Cushing, you can't live without at least one of them on your roster.

MasterOfPuppets
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
it kinda pisses me off we are stuck paying him $850,000 in hush money. last year he was a classic victim of "pump 'n' dump". it would be a shame to give him the new playbook and have him learn all the new verbage, only to cut him in camp so he can go sell the trade secrets to the bungles.

unfortunately, i think we are stuck with him, for this year and the bungles will have to wait till next season to sign him.
ever heard of concrete shoes? :tap:

MACH1
04-25-2007, 01:59 PM

Great, just what he needs more time in the system to learn all the in's & out's of the new O.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-25-2007, 01:59 PM
The system has changed and we have a new playbook and verbage now.He's jsut gonna give all that info away after we cut him.

Borski
04-25-2007, 02:31 PM
We could give him back to the ravens and give him a fake playbook and pay him as a double agent...

tony hipchest
04-25-2007, 02:45 PM
this may be called conspiracy theory but theres no way the steelers sucked as bad as the ravens made them look like they suck near the end of last season. especially not to the tune of giving up 15 sacks or so in 2 games. sure the ravens are tough, but not that tough.

no teams defense correctly guesses on every play. anyone notice how the ravens always play us tough and they always seem to have an ex-steeler qb on the roster? im not going too far out on the limb to suggest st pierre knew more and was able to deliver more goods than kordell or a. wright.

MasterOfPuppets
04-25-2007, 02:50 PM
this may be called conspiracy theory but theres no way the steelers sucked as bad as the ravens made them look like they suck near the end of last season. especially not to the tune of giving up 15 sacks or so in 2 games. sure the ravens are tough, but not that tough.

no teams defense correctly guesses on every play. anyone notice how the ravens always play us tough and they always seem to have an ex-steeler qb on the roster? im not going too far out on the limb to suggest st pierre knew more and was able to deliver more goods than kordell or a. wright.
i don't think kordell ever did know the playbook....:dang:

tony hipchest
04-25-2007, 02:56 PM
i don't think kordell ever did know the playbook....:dang:nor anthony wright. 3rd times a charm. look how they dominated the sb champions once they finally got a steelers qb who's only reputation is "he knows the playbook and personnel".

no one ever accused st pierre of being dumb.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-25-2007, 03:17 PM
nor anthony wright. 3rd times a charm. look how they dominated the sb champions once they finally got a steelers qb who's only reputation is "he knows the playbook and personnel".

no one ever accused st pierre of being dumb.

He's definatly not dumb,just not a good enough athlete to start.

polamalufan43
04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Wow, this is interesting. But do we really need to sign him back consdering he never really played last season?

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest
04-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow, this is interesting. But do we really need to sign him back consdering he never really played last season?

~Polamalufan43:tt02:most teams keep 3 qb's. maybe if we woulda dumped staley last season instead of st pierre, we woulda saved some money and not get clobbered by the ravens. that move alone coulda contributed to missing the playoffs.

polamalufan43
04-25-2007, 03:44 PM
most teams keep 3 qb's. maybe if we woulda dumped staley last season instead of st pierre, we woulda saved some money and not get clobbered by the ravens. that move alone coulda contributed to missing the playoffs.

True, but I mean if we are gonna resign another QB for that money, for which I consider a fair amount considering all the factors...well, I think you get it. Not that I have a problem with the signing, I just have these questions, lol.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

The Duke
04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
what about Bryan Randall, with him we have 4 qbs, we don't need that, and we have guys like Hines that can get under center on an extreme emergency

Elvis
04-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Yea he has a little upside with him being in the system for a few years he just isnt worth that type of money, at least from my point of view.
The last I heard the Steelers have a new Offensive Coord. right? It sounds like alot of things are changing when Hines and Ben have both up and said they are learning just like the other new players.. hmmmmm
St. Piere knows no more than they do... or atleast I would hope not anyway.; Bryan Randall will be our 3rd QB by preseason anyway in my opinion.. I dont see Pierre staying around ...:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

HometownGal
04-25-2007, 07:32 PM
The last I heard the Steelers have a new Offensive Coord. right? It sounds like alot of things are changing when Hines and Ben have both up and said they are learning just like the other new players.. hmmmmm
St. Piere knows no more than they do... or atleast I would hope not anyway.; Bryan Randall will be our 3rd QB by preseason anyway in my opinion.. I dont see Pierre staying around ...:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

While it is true Pepe LePew :wink02: will be subjected to the same changes in the offensive scheme under a new HC and OC, as I said above - he is familiar with the cast of characters and has a general idea what they are each capable of.

verks36
04-25-2007, 07:56 PM
a couple things

a person who went to my old school coursin was brain st peirre
Brain is garbage and was a waist of a draft pick
I guess he knows are system well

GBMelBlount
04-25-2007, 08:00 PM
How did Omar compare to BSP?

SteelCzar76
04-25-2007, 08:20 PM
How did Omar compare to BSP?

IMO Omar had far more upside than Pepe in regards to athletic abilty. But apparently maybe his inability to grasp the playbook as fast as the former coaching staff would have liked,....along with their desire to keep players Coke, Cedric Wilson, Nate Washington and Duce Staley on the roster,....dictated that he be released.

Ohhhh, that wacky Kevin Colbert. LOL

But there's no sense in dwelling in the past. And as already stated his familiarity with the organization from a standpoint of personel makes him a 'good fit' (at least in the eyes of the front office)

Though i would not be suprised if we drafted another Qb on the second day to challenge him for the 3rd spot.