figg
09-02-2005, 11:51 PM
QB 3- Ben,Tommy,Batch
RB 6-Bus,Duce,Parker,Haynes,Herron,Kreider
TE 3-Miller,Tuman,Rasby
WR 5-Ward,ARE,Wilson,Washington,Morey
OL 9
Smith,Faneca,Hartings,Simmons,Starks,Kemoeatu,Esse x,Okobi,Brooks

LB 8-Porter,Foote,Farrior,Haggans,Harison,Wallace,Kriew aldt,Frazier(Roper?)
DL 6-Kimo,Hampton,Smith,Kirschke,Kiesel,Hoke
DB 10-Deshea,Willie,Ike,Colclough,Chidi,McFadden,Hope, Polamalu,Logan, Stuvants

1 LS-Warren
1 K -Reed
1 P-Gardocki

Suitanim
09-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Looks about right. I think that defense with the depth and team speed they have can be dominant. ST's can be very, very good. Jeff Reed is a solid FG kicker, and his kickoffs are deeper this year.

Offense is going to be a concern until they prove me wrong, and not because of Ben. I think he'll be fine, and I think the backfield will be fine...as a matter of fact, I think Cowher is messing with the Tits by playing 3 card monte as to who his starting RB will be. The right side of the OL is questionable until they play some downs in some real games and do their job.

figg
09-03-2005, 12:14 AM
I'd be really pissed if Gibson is cut!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2005, 12:28 AM
You gotta think we're gonna find a way to carry 6 WR's..sometimes we do, sometimes we just carry 5..but if there is a way to keep gibson on the team and still keep morey, I would imagine they'll try and find it.

ST usually takes the biggest hit w/ stuff like this, and we need our ST in a big way.

figg
09-03-2005, 12:30 AM
They should cut Kriewaldt to do it.

Koopa
09-03-2005, 12:31 AM
i agree, that will be some straight up bullshit. gibson has a lot of potential and should be worked with not cut before he can shine. that sucks that morey makes one touchdown catch and he makes the team. he's a special team lifer, gibson at least has potential and can go up for the ball as we saw against the redskins, he gots hoops. he can go up and get one of bens high passes, we won't see morey do that.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Cowher is so big on ST, he's not gonna cut his capt. of the ST unit in Kriedwalt..anymore than he'll cut Iwuoma or Morey.

Prosdo
09-03-2005, 09:35 AM
I would think we would try to keep Gibson around. He was our 4th round pick and looked pretty good during preseason. Definitely a waste of a 4th rounder if they don't keep him.

TasmanianTroy271
09-03-2005, 11:38 AM
I say we put Wallace on PS to keep Gibson on the 53 man roster. Less chance of someone picking him up than Gibson, plus our situation at WRha is more dire right now tn LB...

Plus, I'm interested to see who we keep on our PS, my hopes are for Taylor, Kuhn or Tuiasopo , Nua, and Young or Cobb

tootalltoscore
09-03-2005, 12:49 PM
I would think we would try to keep Gibson around. He was our 4th round pick and looked pretty good during preseason. Definitely a waste of a 4th rounder if they don't keep him.

I agree, he certainly deserves more of a chance, than to be cut and released so soon.

Koopa
09-03-2005, 01:10 PM
I say we put Wallace on PS to keep Gibson on the 53 man roster. Less chance of someone picking him up than Gibson, plus our situation at WRha is more dire right now tn LB...

Plus, I'm interested to see who we keep on our PS, my hopes are for Taylor, Kuhn or Tuiasopo , Nua, and Young or Cobb

GEAH! i like wallace and all, but i much rather have gibson on the roster, we need a wr that is over 6'1". hopefully he'll start to develope and by mid season hopefully he'll be getting into the mix out on the field.

BB2W
09-03-2005, 03:41 PM
I'd be really pissed if Gibson is cut!

They should cut Kriewaldt to do it.

I totally agree....

SteelR1
09-03-2005, 04:07 PM
I agree, Gibson deserves to stay!!!!!!!!

SteelerSal
09-03-2005, 04:15 PM

I want him to stay also, but what has he done so far to deserve a spot on the roster besides being a 4th rd. pick?

acrossthepond
09-03-2005, 04:20 PM

Of the players already cut or favoured to be . . .

Rasby/Kranchik (delete as appropriate), Walter Young, BSP, Mike Schneck, Matt Cushing, Ben Claxton, Nua, Taylor, Roper/Frazier (again delete as appropriate), Ty Carter (maybe?), Zamir Cobb, John Kuhn (developing at FB), Suisham, Jim Jones

all either deserved to stay, or had some upside/potential that should be developed and some people may disagree but even Lee Mays was getting better with each season . . .

I like Gibson's potential too, but he's also got the potential to not make it through inconsistency and lack of concentration (both seen this pre-season too)

acrossthepond
09-03-2005, 04:24 PM
GEAH! i like wallace and all, but i much rather have gibson on the roster, we need a wr that is over 6'1". hopefully he'll start to develope and by mid season hopefully he'll be getting into the mix out on the field.

I've found a real sleeper . . . he'll be impossible to cover . . . no other teams have picked up on this guy yet . . . he's tall enough to catch even Big Ben's passes . . .

http://www.local6.com/news/4839875/detail.html

Koopa
09-03-2005, 04:38 PM
I want him to stay also, but what has he done so far to deserve a spot on the roster besides being a 4th rd. pick?

well he's shown that he's has hoops, and that is what we need, someone to beable to go up and get the ball when ben throws it high, and he's shown he's willing to lay someone out like he did against the eagles. he has tons of potential.

figg
09-03-2005, 04:40 PM

Wallace? I say no way. I dont think he'd make it through waivers. Cut Kriewaldt even though Cowher likes to keep guy's that remind him of himself lol

acrossthepond
09-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Wallace? I say no way. I dont think he'd make it through waivers. Cut Kriewaldt even though Cowher likes to keep guy's that remind him of himself lol

Kriewaldt is a decent LB when he plays and a great special teamer . . . I think we need 8 LBs more than 6 WRs. How often do we put 5 wideouts on the field at once? and we can always use Heath or Kranchick or Duce or Willie as a 5th receiving player anyway . . .

figg
09-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Kriewaldt is a decent LB when he plays and a great special teamer . . . I think we need 8 LBs more than 6 WRs. How often do we put 5 wideouts on the field at once? and we can always use Heath or Kranchick or Duce or Willie as a 5th receiving player anyway . . .

He stinks at LB imo. The Steelers are already keeping Morey and Chidi as ST players. I think those 2 are better players than Kriewaldt.