PDA

View Full Version : Rams Deal fifth for Dante Hall

83-Steelers-43
04-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Rams deal fifth-round pick for Hall
ESPN.com news services

The St. Louis Rams traded a fifth-round pick in this weekend's NFL draft to the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday to acquire one of the NFL's most dynamic kick returners.

"We have filled a need with one of the top players in football at his specialty, returning punts and kicks," Rams coach Scott Linehan said. "Dante will fit in nicely on our special teams and can be utilized as a receiver in certain situations."

Hall has 12 career kick-return touchdowns, one behind Eric Metcalf for second all-time. Brian Mitchell holds the NFL record for kick-return TDs with 14. Hall had one kick-return touchdown in 2006.

Last season, Hall returned 53 kickoffs for a 22.8-yard average and 27 punts for an 8.9-yard average. He also had 26 receptions for two touchdowns.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2848789

Atlanta Dan
04-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Either an indication that Hall's value definitely has slipped or that vets with significant contracts do not bring the level of traded draft picks one might expect.

lilyoder6
04-25-2007, 12:14 PM
that would help the rams... now who is gonna return kicks for them?

RoethlisBURGHer
04-25-2007, 01:08 PM
that would help the rams... now who is gonna return kicks for them?

Look for them to draft Ted Ginn Jr. of Ohio State.

Preacher
04-25-2007, 03:26 PM
For a FIFTH ROUNDER??? With that speed??

Even IF his speed has slipped... I would have loved to pick him up to shore up our punt return/kick return game!

ben2hines=6
04-25-2007, 03:42 PM
yea this is suprising....hall is still the deadliest in the league....damn a 5th rounder, where is our front office on this one........by the way, is willie reid gonna be healthy this year

RoethlisBURGHer
04-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Willie Ried should be healthy and he should be out punt and kickoff guy.

fansince'76
04-25-2007, 08:31 PM
For a FIFTH ROUNDER??? With that speed??

Even IF his speed has slipped... I would have loved to pick him up to shore up our punt return/kick return game!

With all due respect, Preacher, I don't think a KR who could never seem to crack the starting lineup at WR warrants anything higher than a 5th, personally, regardless of how fast he is. Reynaldo Nehemiah was fast too, but he stuck around in SF (not to mention the NFL as a whole) long enough for a cup of coffee.

verks36
04-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Look for them to draft Ted Ginn Jr. of Ohio State.

exactly what i was thinking

works out for teams. Dante might be past him prime but still a great punt returner and very fun to wath:smile:

ChronoCross
04-25-2007, 09:22 PM
exactly what i was thinking

works out for teams. Dante might be past him prime but still a great punt returner and very fun to wath:smile:

I doubt ginn falls to KC, unless KC moves up to get him. I bet Herm takes defense 1st round tho. Herm cares nothing about that offense and will dismantle it and it will only get worse in KC the next couple years. I personally think Herm will have KC down in the gutter with the Raiders within the next 3 years..

Preacher
04-26-2007, 12:53 AM
With all due respect, Preacher, I don't think a KR who could never seem to crack the starting lineup at WR warrants anything higher than a 5th, personally, regardless of how fast he is. Reynaldo Nehemiah was fast too, but he stuck around in SF (not to mention the NFL as a whole) long enough for a cup of coffee.

But that is my point... 5th round for a star kick/punt returner...

I would LOVE to have that...Of course the only problem is... could we afford it??