PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else dislike the NFL network?

steelersfanman92
04-26-2007, 03:28 PM
I can not stand that the NFL network takes some of the best games and airs them instead of on the stations that everyone gets. It is not that I dont like the programs it is just that I dont think that it is fair that they keep people from watching the game.

Jeremy
04-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I like the NFL Network. I think it's the local cable companies that need to be willing to be flexible about carrying the channel. I'll be watching them on Saturday for my draft coverage.

MasterOfPuppets
04-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I like the NFL Network. I think it's the local cable companies that need to be willing to be flexible about carrying the channel. I'll be watching them on Saturday for my draft coverage.
i think he's referring to the nfl network hijacking games that used to be carried by local cable providers.

Jeremy
04-26-2007, 03:41 PM
i think he's referring to the nfl network hijacking games that used to be carried by local cable providers.

Pre-season games? Because as far as I know, the pre-season games are not produced by the NFL Network. Whenever I've watched a pre-season game on the NFL Network it's been the local announcers and local production crews doing the games. If you're talking about the Thursday night and Saturday games, that's an issue with your local cable company.

MACH1
04-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Pre-season games? Because as far as I know, the pre-season games are not produced by the NFL Network. Whenever I've watched a pre-season game on the NFL Network it's been the local announcers and local production crews doing the games. If you're talking about the Thursday night and Saturday games, that's an issue with your local cable company.

Yep, the cable companies need to start carrying it. But I have dtv so I get them anyways.

MasterOfPuppets
04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
here's how our cable company screwed us...

Fans penalized for Atlantic Broadband's NFL football fumble

To the Editor:

The recent letter from David Dane, Regional Vice President/General Manager of Atlantic Broadband cable TV provider, was a sorry commentary indeed. Mr. Dane blames the NFL Network for Atlantic Broadband's failure to deliver programming it had already promised to its customers as part of the Value or Digital Basic service - then reneged on when the NFL Network wanted extra fees for the Thursday games. Many customers were not even aware of the withdrawal of service until game time.

Atlantic Broadband's excuse is that their paying for these games is "not in the best interest of its customers" who would need to bear the cost of "programming that not all customers want." In my view, most of the programming offered by Atlantic Broadband is programming that not all customers want - yet we pay through the nose for mindless entertainment shows, endless commercial sell-a-thons, duplications, and stale news. We should remind Mr. Dane that it has in large part been these "few disgruntled" sports fans that have pushed for and funded cable industry technology improvements.

The pulling back of football games because of poor management decisions on how to package and market them is only the latest indication of Atlantic Broadband's lack of concern for its customers. Unexplained cable and Internet outages, the painfully slow implementation of high-definition programming, poor responses to customer complaints - on my box, it took almost a week to adjust their programming guide for daylight savings time! "You can talk till your blue in the face," was a response I got recently from Atlantic Broadband's customer service rep. Well, we'll all be blue in the face before they get WJZ channel 13 to operate properly.

Bottom line: Atlantic Broadband offered us the NFL Network for no extra charge - then took it away to save money the NFL decided to charge them for it - no explanation until all the complaints came roaring in. This is a competitive business, but disrespecting the customers, blaming others to save money, and Mr. Dane's saying, "enough is enough" to sports programming will not keep Comcast away!

ChronoCross
04-26-2007, 09:18 PM
I am glade I do not deal with all that. Direct TV only way to go for a fan. Get all the games. I have NFL Network channel on before ill watch ESPN and it has more information and has some good programing on to. Very good channel.

Borski
04-26-2007, 11:35 PM
They never should have started carrying games on the NFLN, at least not until it gets alot more popular. I get the channel, but I only watched it once last season when the Steelers played the Browns, and I didn't even get the 4th quarter because there was some kind of error that only seemed to affect that channel. I was pissed.

fansince'76
04-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Eventually the NFL is going to go entirely pay-per-view. Now that teams have begun to give average O-linemen $50 million+ contracts, I don't see how they can't at some point.

Jeremy
04-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Eventually the NFL is going to go entirely pay-per-view. Now that teams have begun to give average O-linemen $50 million+ contracts, I don't see how they can't at some point.

It'll never happen. The NFL is too much of a common man's game to charge their fans for the right to watch games. The day they start to charge one cent is the day baseball and basketball catch up with them again and crush them in the rating.

vasteeler
04-27-2007, 10:49 AM
It'll never happen. The NFL is too much of a common man's game to charge their fans for the right to watch games. The day they start to charge one cent is the day baseball and basketball catch up with them again and crush them in the rating.
i hope you are right as much as i love foot ball no way in hell will i pay to watch it on tv
that would be a sad sad day

rbryan
04-27-2007, 11:50 AM
It's already pay per view. How many people do you know who still have an antenna on thier roof to watch free TV? I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least basic cable.

stlrtruck
05-02-2007, 07:24 AM
It's a combination of the cable networks and the NFL not willing to give things out to the general public. They both know that they've got the fans over a barrel and they really don't care unless you threaten to switch providers.

I changed cable companies 3 years ago and the new provider had the NFL Network but I too was displeased when I couldn't watch the Thursday night games. If the producers and the cable companies really cared, they'd settle this without increasing the charges to me.

Oh well, one day someone else will figure this out and we'll all be happy. Until then it's one trip a year to the Burgh, 4 trips a year to the local steelers bar, and prayers that the Steelers have more prime time games on basic cable stations!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-02-2007, 07:53 AM
It's already pay per view. How many people do you know who still have an antenna on thier roof to watch free TV? I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least basic cable.

My family literally watches NO television (other than at work) from about this time of year until late July...early August.

floodcitygirl
05-02-2007, 09:32 AM
It's already pay per view. How many people do you know who still have an antenna on thier roof to watch free TV? I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least basic cable.You've just met one. No cable, no satellite. Amazingly, I still consider myself to be a whole person. :wink02: :sofunny:

I prefer to watch the games out with friends and watch very little tv besides.