PDA

View Full Version : Dog fighting at Vick's home?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-26-2007, 07:16 PM
They ought to hang him if it's true

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6428206&nav=menu45_2

UPDATE - Initial drug investigation turns up suspected dog fighting setup on Michael Vick's property

Investigators were originally working on a suspected drug case when they went to Michael Vick's property on Wednesday. On arrival, officials surprisingly discovered a suspected dog fighting setup.

Animal control officers said this is one of the biggest dog fighting cases they have ever seen. Extra help had to be called in from other jurisdictions to help with the investigation.

"Some had significant scarring. Some had wounds. Some had eye problems," said Kathy Strouse from Chesapeake Animal Control.

Court documents stated that 30 animals were found tethered to heavy logging chains attached to car axles buried in the ground. Equipment used to train fighting dogs was found on the property, including treadmills, chains, whips and injectable drugs.

There was no food, water or veterinary care for the animals.

Agents with the regional drug task force were initially investigating Davon Boddie, who lives in Vick's house. Last week, Hampton police charged Boddie with alleged Possession with Intent to Sell. They found bags of marijuana in his car and a gun under the passenger's seat.

Officials were investigating for more evidence when they stumbled upon the dogs behind the house.

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Remember the days when Michael was considered the more mature and classier one out of the two brothers?

PisnNapalm
04-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Well... I'd like to see Vick hide this in his special water bottle.

MACH1
04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
It'll go up in smoke just like what was in his water bottle.

Atlanta Dan
04-26-2007, 09:10 PM
This from a story in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Humane Society of the United States issued the following statement from Wyane Pacelle, president and CEO: "The Humane Society of the United States has heard troubling reports for some time that Michael Vick has been involved in organized dog fighting, and we fear that this investigation may validate that very disturbing allegation."

"We have well-placed sources in the dog fighting underworld," John Goodwin, deputy manager of animal fighting issues, told the Journal-Constitution. "His involvement has been brought to our attention numerous times. We pay people for information that leads to arrests."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/04/26/0426vickhome.html

The relative will take the hit on this and keep quiet; nobody is going to mess up losing their meal ticket.

The NFL probably has Vick locked up in a hotel room from now until Saturday to make sure he does not blow off the commemoration of the VA Tech tragedy that is scheduled for the start of the draft on Saturday.

jjpro11
04-27-2007, 12:17 AM
he's such a dirt piece of shit. i hope he breaks both legs this season.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-27-2007, 12:36 AM
It's looking more and more like Vick will not be a member of the Falcons after this season.

I see the Falcons trading up in next year's draft to take Brian Brohm,the QB that Petrino coached at Loisville.

MasterOfPuppets
04-27-2007, 01:23 AM
and they traded shaub.....:shake01:

klick81
04-27-2007, 10:36 AM
What an idiot.

Counselor
04-27-2007, 01:38 PM
and they traded shaub.....:shake01:

good luck Petrino you're going to need it.

Animal control officers said this is one of the biggest dog fighting cases they have ever seen. Extra help had to be called in from other jurisdictions to help with the investigation.

"Some had significant scarring. Some had wounds. Some had eye problems," said Kathy Strouse from Chesapeake Animal Control.

Court documents stated that 30 animals were found tethered to heavy logging chains attached to car axles buried in the ground.

Those poor dogs. What a peice of crap he is. 30 dogs maltreated on his property and dog fighting---there could be some big time charges attached. I'll be looking forward to it.

fansince'76
04-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Those poor dogs. What a peice of crap he is. 30 dogs maltreated on his property and dog fighting---there could be some big time charges attached. I'll be looking forward to it.

I agree - however, I don't see anything more than a slap on the wrist coming for Vick, if anything, unfortunately.

polamalufan43
04-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, this is strike what? two or three or four? OMG....cut his arse and get it over with. He lack of discipline is getting worse and worse.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
04-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Here is Vick's somewhat less than surprising defense:

"I'm never there. I'm never at the house," Vick said Friday in New York. "I left the house with my family members and my cousin. They just haven't been doing the right thing. The issue will get resolved.

"It's unfortunate I have to take the heat behind it. If I'm not there, I don't know what's going on. It's a call for me to really tighten down on who I'm trying to take care of. When it all boils down, people will try to take advantage of you and leave you out to dry. Lesson learned for me."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/04/27/0427vickblame.html

Poor Ron Mexico victimized yet again - it is a shame so many people (women, airport security, AirTran, abusive fans, relatives) keep taking advantage of this fine young man.

Lesson learned? - more like Vick is taking a post-graduate level course in learning how to embarass the NFL.

MasterOfPuppets
04-27-2007, 04:33 PM
well you know what they say....." you can pick your pot...you can pick your herpie scabs..but you can't pick your family " :coffee:

Elvis
04-27-2007, 04:40 PM
:dang: Vick... what are ya thinking man? Is anyone gonna really believe you when you say that you dont know what is going on at your own house/property?.. I am gonna try not to judge this young man, but it looks like the odds are stacked against him doesnt it? Pray that the man gets his life changed around and dont forget his little brother... that is what Jesus would do...

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-27-2007, 07:29 PM
:dang: [B][I][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Vick... what are ya thinking man? Is anyone gonna really believe you when you say that you dont know what is going on at your own house/property?..

Hmmm wonder where he's been living in the off season...a freaking hotel!! Someone get me an "L" so I can glue it on his forehead. :yawn:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-27-2007, 08:09 PM
"kennels? what kennels? - dogs? what dogs?"

--Michael Vick

polamalufan43
04-27-2007, 08:21 PM
True, I'm not sold at all on the fact that he didn't even know what was going on at his property. I mean, he has to go there sometime right?
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Livinginthe past
04-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Anyone who is unsure as to whether Vick has any involvement should check out (the much insulted) PFT website http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm - they have done some excellent research that puts Vick in a real tight spot.

I would love to see Goodell take this opportunity to clamp down on irresponsible, illegal thug behaviour from NFL footbal players - even the franchise variety.

Michael Vick claims that the apparent dog-fighting activities at his property in Virginia occurred without his knowledge. But evidence available on the Intergoogle suggests that Vick was actively involved in the breeding of dogs that could be used for fighting.

Our own Taco Bill found the web site for Vick's K-9 Kennels. The Vick in question is clearly Mike Vick.

The site shows an address of Moonlight Road in Suffolk, Virginia. Coincidentally, Wednesday's raid occurred at an address on Moonlight Road in Smithfield, Virginia.

Also, the site identifies the company as "Vick's K-9 Kennels c/o MV7, Inc." The owner of the property that was searched is Mike Vick and MV7, LLC.

tony hipchest
04-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Michael Vick claims that the apparent dog-fighting activities at his property in Virginia occurred without his knowledge. But evidence available on the Intergoogle suggests that Vick was actively involved in the breeding of dogs that could be used for fighting.

Our own Taco Bill found the web site for Vick's K-9 Kennels. The Vick in question is clearly Mike Vick.

The site shows an address of Moonlight Road in Suffolk, Virginia. Coincidentally, Wednesday's raid occurred at an address on Moonlight Road in Smithfield, Virginia.

Also, the site identifies the company as "Vick's K-9 Kennels c/o MV7, Inc." The owner of the property that was searched is Mike Vick and MV7, LLC.

"yo no quiero Taco Bill"

MasterOfPuppets
04-28-2007, 12:30 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6747746

heres the highlights.....

An animal rights group scoffed at that explanation, saying it's long suspected the Atlanta Falcons quarterback was involved in the fight-to-the-death activity.

John Goodwin, who handles dog-fighting issues for The Humane Society of America, was skeptical that Vick was unaware of such a large operation ? especially when police were led to the property as part of a drug investigation after arresting the quarterback's 26-year-old cousin, Davon Boddie.

Goodwin said authorities found 66 dogs on the property, mostly pit bulls who appeared to be involved in organized fighting. He estimated it would cost up to $100 a day just to feed that number of animals, not to mention other hefty expenses.

"Who's paying to feed all those dogs?" Goodwin asked. "Who has the money to feed 66 pit bulls that's in some way, shape or form related to that property?"

He said The Humane Society has heard for several years that Vick was personally involved in the brutal, clandestine activity, which is banned nationwide and a felony in 48 states, including Virginia and Georgia. A conviction in Virginia carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $2,500 fine.

We get a lot of calls, and people were always kind of kicking his name around," Goodwin said. "But it was always difficult to put together a complete case on the guy. The word is that he has multiple layers of protection. When the search warrant was executed and they found all the things they found, it really came as no surprise."

The NFL said it is looking into the matter. Commissioner Roger Goodell has made it clear he intends to crack down on players involved in off-the-field misconduct.

Goodell might be swayed by a string of embarrassing incidents involving Vick, starting with a sordid lawsuit that accused him of knowingly infecting a woman with a sexually transmitted disease and using the alias "Ron Mexico" while seeking treatment. The case was settled out of court.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked Falcons owner Arthur Blank to suspend Vick pending the investigation and "to kick him off the team if it is found that dogs on Vick's property were neglected or used for fighting."

Goodwin said The Humane Society would take a similar stand if criminal charges were filed against Vick.

While the quarterback insisted he was not involved in dog fighting, he has shown an interest in breeding pit bulls.

In a 2001 profile by The Sporting News, he revealed having a pit bull that already had produced one litter and said he was trying to start a breeding kennel.

"There's more to me than people might think," he said at the time.

ain't lookin good for ole ron...:sofunny: i wonder if one of his homie's might try to cut a deal and rat him out? :thumbsup:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Goodell chat's with Mike now let's see if anything happens.

Commissioner has talk with Vick
Quarterback embarrassed, promises change

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 04/30/07

Flowery Branch — Falcons quarterback Michael Vick had a 20-minute conversation with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in New York on Saturday at which a series of off-field incidents were discussed.

Vick admitted to the meeting on Saturday while he was in New York for the NFL draft. Falcons owner Arthur Blank said the team would adhere to Goodell's new, strict player code of conduct and that he hopes Vick understands the seriousness of the heightened attention the league is paying to off-field behavior.

"I know the commissioner is aware of everything going on with players in the NFL, and obviously he's aware of any incidents with Michael and any other players," Blank said Sunday. "He knows I believe strongly in his code of conduct. I expect us to fully enforce it here and I expect him to fully enforce it with our players. Hopefully, Michael understands that as well."

Goodell was very direct about the behavior he expects out of Vick, who last week missed a flight for an award ceremony in front of members of Congress and is having a property he owns in Virginia investigated for a possible dog-fighting ring.

Vick's meeting with Goodell was not scheduled but took place because Vick was one of three former Virginia Tech players who took part in a pre-draft ceremony honoring Virginia Tech, site of this month's tragic shooting. Goodell and Vick did not speak solely about Vick's tumultuous offseason.

In an interview with ESPN, Vick reiterated what he has already told the Journal-Constitution. He acknowledged the meeting with Goodell and said he needed to be more responsible for his actions and the people with whom he associates.

"After what happened Friday, and then what happened on Monday, I just wanted to crawl in a hole. :sorry: I can't take it no more," Vick told ESPN. "I walk around with a smile on my face and act like I'm happy, but on the inside it's hurting. And it's killing me. :sorry: I ain't got no more energy left for it. :sorry: The more I continue to do things and my name is in the media, I'm not going to get anywhere. ... :sorry: I'm taking it upon myself and giving everybody my word that things are going to get changed around. Things are going to get turned around. :sorry: I have a game plan for it. ... The company I keep, a lot of things gotta change, and I mean that from the heart." :sorry:

Goodell has already suspended Tennessee's Pacman Jones and Cincinnati's Chris Henry for games next season after off-the-field issues.

Atlanta Dan
04-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Vick should be worried about how this impacts his endorsement deals - since he has not yet been arrested I doubt the league can take any action to suspend him, but corporate America does not wants its brands associated with bad publicity - just ask Don Imus how that works.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Fed's nosing around the Vick case.

http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/stories/wvec_local_050107_vick_dog_sale_website.283e114d.h tml

Vick's website http://www.vicksk9kennels.com/

Dog breeding business tied to Vick

05:37 PM EDT on Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Reported by: Patrick Terpstra

Federal investigators have joined an investigation into an alleged dog-fighting ring behind a Surry County home owned by NFL star Michael Vick.

13News has also uncovered evidence of a dog breeding business with ties to Vick.

Investigators confirm they've included the Web site in their portfolio of evidence as they consider charges.

Vick does not live at the Moonlight Road home, but he could face charges if he knew about the alleged dog fighting ring, a felony under Virginia law.

The case was started when authorities went to the home to serve a warrant on a Vick relative, Devon Boddie, who faces drug charges in Hampton.

SteelCityMan786
05-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Gee, I guess Vick can't keep himself out of the news even through his dogs.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-04-2007, 08:42 PM
not good Mikey.

here's the audio - http://www.790thezone.com/vdDynamic/AudioBits/1-AudioBit3020.mp3

VICK STORY TO GET "EVEN BIGGER"

In a Friday morning interview on 790 The Zone in Atlanta, reporter Mary Kay Mallonee of WAVY-TV said that investigators looking into the dog-fighting operation on Mike Vick's property in Virginia have privately said that the story is going to get "even bigger" as it continues to unfold.

Mallonee explained that a regional drug task force investigating Vick's cousin last week heard "all these dogs barking" while executing a search warrant. The investigators investigated (duh) and saw roughly 70 dogs, blood-soaked carpeting, and training equipment at an apparent "dog-fighting compound" behind the house. It was, as Mallonee described, a "huge operation."

At one point, she described it as a "major operation that needs lots of money to be supported." Given that the persons living in the house (as she noted) are not employed, where was the cash coming from, if not from Vick?

Also, Vick's claim that he never goes to the property seems to be getting shakier and shakier.

Neighbors told Mallonee that Vick is in town "all the time," and clerks at a nearby store said that Vick comes in to buy "lots of supplies" for the dogs, including syringes.

"I think they're gathering more and more evidence that he was very well aware [of the dog fighting]," Mallonee said, adding that she believes that the police have evidence more concrete than word of mouth from witnesses who say that they have seem him.

And Vick's potential culpability goes beyond knowledge and financial support of the operation. Mallonee said that the investigators are following leads which could show that Vick was actually present for some of the fights.

Vick has not yet been interviewed by investigators. Mallonee said that police are focused on getting all their ducks in a row before talking to Vick.

Memo to Mike: The next time you're at that store where you (allegedly) bought those syringes, it might be a good idea to by some soap. On a rope.

tony hipchest
05-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Neighbors told Mallonee that Vick is in town "all the time," and clerks at a nearby store said that Vick comes in to buy "lots of supplies" for the dogs, including syringes.

i forget what it is, my memory is hazy from hearing this years ago, but i think its drano (or something you can buy at any store) you inject into the dogs to make them mean as hell. its a pretty popular trick that dogfighters use.

either that, or vick was just using growth hormones supplied to him from the team trainer.

despite all of this, it will be called heresay, and he will get off clean.

he wasnt stupid enough to purchase syringes and ALPO with a credit card was he? :huh:

naaaaahhhhh. :busted:

stillers4me
05-05-2007, 05:38 AM
Sounds the Falcons should have picked up a QB last weekend.......:hunch:

tony hipchest
05-09-2007, 06:02 PM
im almost embarrassed for b. petrino and this lame assed gibberish and attempted spin on the situation:

We believe there is a chance for a positive outcome," Petrino said. "But it's really an ongoing investigation and there is not much more we can say about it. We'll let it play itself out."

Petrino said the case actually seems to have strengthened Vick's resolve to prove his detractors wrong. Last season, he became the first quarterback in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards but ranked near the bottom of the league's passing statistics as the Falcons missed the playoffs for the second straight year.

"It's given him a chance to focus more," Petrino said. "Since the incident happened, he's been in the building more. He's spent more time watching video, throwing the football and working out. He comes here with a chance to do what he loves doing. He's taken it upon himself to learn the offense.

"Maybe it's motivated him to be the opposite of being a distraction."

wow. maybe they will incorporate that into the rookie symposium, and advise every player to run an illegal dogfighting ring to "give them a chance to focus more".

now i know petrino hasnt coached a game yet, and its to early to pass out grades but screw it. i give him an "F" for these moron comments alone. i sure am glad the steelers wound up with tomlin.

MasterOfPuppets
05-09-2007, 06:08 PM
"It's given him a chance to focus more," Petrino said. "Since the incident happened, he's been in the building more. He's spent more time watching video, throwing the football and working out.

i guess he has more time now that he's not bettin on dog fights....

Atlanta Dan
05-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Petrino is parroting the official party line in the Atlanta media that Vick's need to get rid of the drama in his personal life will help him focus on raising the level of his game professionally - at this point that is what the Falcons have to hope for although Vick is probably is in too deep to reform.

The Atlanta fans are ready to get medieval on Vick if the Falcons get off to a slow start - it may actually help Petrino since a bad 2007 will be blamed on Vick and not the new HC.

The ability to seize or subpoena bank records and e-mail make me believe any prosecutor who seriously wants to tie Vick into his cousin's business will not have much difficulty - Paulie Walnuts and Christopher Moltisanti are members of Mensa compared to Vick's crew.

tony hipchest
05-10-2007, 02:24 PM
now that the gravy train is over, it seems some of vicks "friends" will have to find new ways of
"earning" their scrilla... ( :dollar: ). selling their stories perhaps?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2866012ATLANTA -- Two friends of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick are convinced he has been involved in illegal dog fighting at a home he owns in Virginia, they told SI.com on Thursday, despite Vick's denials.

"He knows what's going on in that house in Virginia," one unnamed source told SI.com. "There's not a doubt in my mind he's involved with it."

A second source, quoted by SI.com, said Vick has a longtime "affinity" for the culture surrounding dog fighting.

i shouldve just linked the actual don banks article. a much better read:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/05/09/vick/index.html

ChronoCross
05-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Why is Michael Vick smiling? Because the slumping real estate market apparently doesn't apply to him.

Think there's a housing slump going on? Try telling that to Vick. The Falcons quarterback put his property on the market today and it already sold.

Of course, if you're hoping to have as much luck as Vick when you sell your home, you're probably going to have to sell it for less than half of what it's worth: Vick was asking only $350,000 for the property even though it's assessed at $747,000.

Why on earth would Vick sell the property for so much less than it's worth? Probably because he wants to disassociate himself as much as possible from the evidence of dog fighting that's been found on the property. It's the same property where investigators found 70 dogs and significant evidence that the dogs were part of a fighting ring, and Vick could be suspended or face criminal charges as a result.

tony hipchest
05-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Think there's a housing slump going on? Try telling that to Vick. The Falcons quarterback put his property on the market today and it already sold.

Of course, if you're hoping to have as much luck as Vick when you sell your home, you're probably going to have to sell it for less than half of what it's worth: Vick was asking only $350,000 for the property even though it's assessed at $747,000.

.now thats a nugget you can chew on. why dont i ever find deals like this? drop 50K in that property to re-seed the back yard, clean up the dog shit, and shampoo all the spilt bong water out of the carpet, and you can probably flip it for 800K (100% profit).

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2007, 12:09 AM
its loking better for ron everyday...lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ag25Z7ORyL0n_CtEGsQGUblDubYF?slug=jc-vick051407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

heres the highlights...

The lead investigator in the case of dog-fighting accusations against Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick said Monday that she believes there is substantial evidence to eventually tie Vick directly to the felony crime.

That evidence could eventually include videotapes of Vick at matches.

Regardless, Strouse said she is "very confident" about eventually tying Vick directly to the dog fighting based on the evidence she and other investigators have gathered.

Vick's response was quickly refuted. According to several media outlets, neighbors said that Vick was seen in the area regularly and had even purchased materials such as syringes, which are often used in the training of dogs for fighting.

On Friday, NFL scout, one-time Yahoo! Sports analyst and current FOX Sports Radio host Chris Landry took it a step further during an interview on 620 WDAE in Tampa, Fla. Landry said that Ray Buchanan, a former Atlanta defensive back, told him that Vick has been involved in dog fighting for years.

"(Buchanan) tells me that Michael has been into this dog fighting for so long that ? he not only knew about, he is behind all of it," Landry said. "He's paying for all of it ? Apparently, he's into it big time."

"I have to talk to Chris about all of that because I didn't say anything like that at all," Buchanan said. "If I was going to say any of that, I would have said it myself on my own radio program. I don't know anything about Michael being involved in any of that and I would not snitch on a player if I did. I'm a player's mouthpiece."

fansince'76
05-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Ray Buchanan, a former Atlanta defensive back, told him that Vick has been involved in dog fighting for years.

I don't consider a guy who just got busted for writing hot checks 3 months ago to be the most credible witness:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/02/AR2007020201718.html

Unless they have concrete video evidence of Vick at one of these matches (and even then I'm not so sure), he walks.

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2007, 02:09 AM
I don't consider a guy who just got busted for writing hot checks 3 months ago to be the most credible witness:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/02/AR2007020201718.html

Unless they have concrete video evidence of Vick at one of these matches (and even then I'm not so sure), he walks.
eyewitnesses have been sending people to jail for a long time. what the prosecution really needs is one of the guys that vick is throwing under the bus ( like his cousin ) to testify that he is the ringleader and wallet behind the whole thing. of course vick is probably already throwing hush money around.

fansince'76
05-16-2007, 09:19 AM
eyewitnesses have been sending people to jail for a long time. what the prosecution really needs is one of the guys that vick is throwing under the bus ( like his cousin ) to testify that he is the ringleader and wallet behind the whole thing. of course vick is probably already throwing hush money around.

Sorry, MOP - that was just my natural skepticism towards the judicial system and its typical handling of celebrities in my previous post. I'm accustomed to celebrities and pro athletes getting away with everything up to and including murder. If Vick is truly as deeply involved as the investigator claims, I hope they bust his ass hard, but I'm not holding my breath. After all, for whatever reason, the NFL makes alot of $$$ off of the sale of Vick jerseys and other memorabilia (it ain't because he's a good QB). Besides, who's gonna start at QB for the Briscoe Hawks in those inane Nike "Football is Everything" ads if he gets sent up the river? :chuckle:

Edman
05-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Vick is supposed to be the guy who is the face of the league and take the Falcons over the top.

What is truly amazing is that Falcon fans, the ownership, as well as Petrino continue to make excuses for this guy. On field and off it. It's incredible and depressing at the same time.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-27-2007, 04:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vickinvestigation&prov=ap&type=lgns

Report: Vick was at dog fight in 2000
By The Associated Press
May 27, 2007

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was at a dog fight in 2000 and is "one of the heavyweights" in the sport, ESPN reported.

The network Sunday cited a police informant whom a dog-fighting investigator called "extremely reliable."

"That's who bets a large dollar," the informant said on the show "Outside the Lines." "And they have the money to bet large money. As I'm talking about large money, 30 to 40 thousand, even higher. He's one of the heavyweights."

When asked how he knows Vick bets that amount, the informant said, "because I've seen it."

The informant said his dog beat Vick's dog in 2000, the year before Vick was chosen by the Falcons with the first overall pick in the NFL draft.

Investigator David Hunt said information from the informant has "resulted in the arrest of several individuals over the past few years, numerous search warrants, as well as convictions."

Surry County (Va.) Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said Friday he is confident charges will be brought in the investigation of a possible dog-fighting operation at a house then owned by Vick. Dog fighting is a felony in Virginia.

Police raided the rural home April 25 as part of a drug investigation. They seized 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls, and equipment that could be associated with dog fighting.

Vick has said he let a cousin, Davon Boddie, live at the house, and he didn't know a large kennel on the property could be involved in criminal activity.

Livinginthe past
05-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I wonder how much circumstantial evidence they need to go for a conviction - I have a feeling the NFL will only truly jump on the bandwagon if the case against Vick is irrefutable.

BlacknGold76
05-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Vick will get him a good lawyer if he doesn't already have one and then if the evidence is damning then he'll probably strike a plea bargin and avoid jail time. That's the way it usually goes for big time stars and celebs. Then I'm sure he will do some type of community service work or make some kind of a PSA just to show his contrition for all of the bad things that he has done. End of story. And once again kids will see this and see that this is no punishment if you have enough money to get out of it.

alittlejazzbird
05-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Vick will get him a good lawyer if he doesn't already have one and then if the evidence is damning then he'll probably strike a plea bargin and avoid jail time. That's the way it usually goes for big time stars and celebs. Then I'm sure he will do some type of community service work or make some kind of a PSA just to show his contrition for all of the bad things that he has done. End of story. And once again kids will see this and see that this is no punishment if you have enough money to get out of it.

As I noted in the other Vick dogfighting thread, the whole story can be read at ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2884063

As far as Vick pleading out of some damning evidence, the confidential police informant seems to think it's a possibility as well:

"Everybody in the dog world is worried about Michael Vick talking," the source said, shortly before leaving our interview room and heading back to work. "Michael Vick is making large money, he's making millions, OK? And if he has to tell on some people [to avoid prison time], I think he would tell ? I don't put nothing past him."

If criminal evidence against Michael Vick is significant, I don't see how Roger Goodell can ignore it and refuse to bring the hammer down. He'd lose all of the credibility he's already established with the Chris Henry and Pacman Jones suspensions. Like those two cases, this would be the latest in a long line of questionable/borderline behavior on Vick's part. The man clearly has the judgment skills of a 5-year old; i.e., absolutely none.

I only hope that the results of this investigation give the authorities enough evidence to begin to eradicate this disgusting activity from the sub-culture of the NFL.

ben2hines=6
05-28-2007, 01:37 PM
i also watched the piece on espn last night and watching them poor dogs being brought up and treated that way make me hope that vick is forever banned from the nfl and i hope the prick gets what he diserves in the future

lilyoder6
05-28-2007, 03:10 PM
i will laugh if vick gets suspended b/c the falcons traded away matt.. but i think that vick will come out of this case w/o any punsihment

MasterOfPuppets
05-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Just because they showed dogs being torn up during a peice about Vick doesn't make him guilty.

I hate being a Vick defender, but people got to realize how th emedia can make anyone look as they choose them to be.

yeah!!! just like they did poor ole O.J. :uhh:

Elvis
05-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Poor ole' OJ?...:toofunny:

Livinginthe past
05-31-2007, 06:46 AM
In another surprising turn of events, Gerald Poindexter has admitted that they are in possession of evidence that Mike Vick attends dog fights.

When asked, "At this moment in time, do we have any evidence that puts Vick at dog fighting?" Poindexter replied, "Yes."

Poindexter said there are people who will make those claims. "We have informants. We have people who are volunteering to make those allegations."

This is after Poindexter said a few days ago that there wasn't any evidence to link anyone to dog fighting on Vick's property.

Atlanta Dan
05-31-2007, 07:34 AM
In another surprising turn of events, Gerald Poindexter has admitted that they are in possession of evidence that Mike Vick attends dog fights.

This is after Poindexter said a few days ago that there wasn't any evidence to link anyone to dog fighting on Vick's property.

According to Atlanta sports talk this morning, the county prosecutor for this rural county is part-time; in other words he is way over his head on this, which probably explains why NFL Security is providing assistance. Consensus in ATL is that if anything serious is going to happen a federal case needs to be developed and that Vick's lawyers will run circles around the local prosecutor.

Livinginthe past
05-31-2007, 08:28 AM
According to Atlanta sports talk this morning, the county prosecutor for this rural county is part-time; in other words he is way over his head on this, which probably explains why NFL Security is providing assistance. Consensus in ATL is that if anything serious is going to happen a federal case needs to be developed and that Vick's lawyers will run circles around the local prosecutor.

There does seem to a be a good deal of apprehension about the ability and/or motivation of Poindexter.

From what I have read he seems to release contradictory press releases every couple of days - some feel he is trying to get a feel for the political landscape before going ahead with the prosecution.

There is no doubt Vick's lawyers will be the best that money can buy, which is why this case needs to be solid from the roots up.

If we are relying on the word of multiple witnesses who also took part in the illegal activities then I would imagine that the defense could cast enough doubt on the motivation/trustworthiness of those testimonies to get Vick off the hook.

From a footballing perspective i've read (on PFT) that members of the upper management of the NFL believe Vick to be guilty of this crime (im guessng they are looking at from a more civil law point of view and the 'probability' of guilt rather than 'beyond reasonable doubt').

Once the 'see-saw' of opinion of the NFL management tips against Vick his goose will be cooked in the game - as has been shown by Goodall/Pacman you don't need a criminal conviction to fall foul of their disciplinary system.

Atlanta Dan
05-31-2007, 04:49 PM
This is how Vick starts to pay for his conduct

Vick sacked as AirTran pitchman

AirTran Airways has intentionally grounded ads featuring controversial Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.

"Michael's contract expired May 8 and we decided to go in another direction," AirTran spokesman Tad Hutcheson said Thursday.

"We still have lots of football endorsers like Warrick Dunn and Brian Finneran, and (Indianapolis Colts quarterback) Peyton Manning endorses us in Indianapolis. Our football ads typically start in August, and we're assessing our needs at the moment."

Vick had been a regular AirTran pitchman since 2004, but a series of on- and off-field incidents ? some in airports ? have tarnished Vick's image.

Vick was in line to board a flight in Miami in January when security screeners found he had discarded a water bottle with a hidden compartment. Vick said the false bottom was meant to store valuables, and police found no evidence of smuggled drugs.

Also, a person traveling with Vick was accused of stealing a Rolex watch in an airport line. And Vick's publicist blamed AirTran when the quarterback known for his quickness failed to arrive in Washington to speak before Congress. AirTran said Vick had ample opportunities to get to his destination on AirTran but chose not to.

Lately, he's been investigated for possible involvement in a Virginia dog fighting ring.

The terms of Vick's deal with AirTran were never disclosed, but such arrangements typically involve free airline travel.

Hutcheson said Vick and his frequent guests are welcome to fly AirTran any time they wish ? as paying customers.

"They're more than welcome to fly AirTran," he said.:sofunny:

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/delta/stories/2007/05/31/0531bizairtran.html

Let's see if Nike pulls the plug

Livinginthe past
05-31-2007, 04:58 PM
My guess is Nike will hold on a little longer - I bet its a fat contract they have with him and his sales potential is probably high.

When they do pull the plug they'll probably be a little more sanctamonius about the whole thing too.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-31-2007, 07:40 PM
This is how Vick starts to pay for his conduct AirTran Airways has intentionally grounded ads featuring controversial Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.

Taking endorsements and game checks away seems to be the only way to get their attention.

SteelCzar76
05-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Did Vick use extremely poor judgment by involving himself in this and or any other illegal activity given the nature of his 'status' ?,... Yes. Could it be said that he is of 'dubious' character because of this latest fiasco among the others ?,.....Yes.

Is dogfighting wrong ?,....yes. Because it is illegal. Even though it has been made so by the very same people whom spent several hundred years manipulating the genes of a specific breed of dog to ehance it's pain threshold, intelligence, stamina, muscle quality, jaw strength and more importantly it's will and desire to 'fight to the death' as oppossed to simply fighting until 'dominance' is established. (But it's strange that they are not even in the upper echelon of breeds regarding number of actual attacks against humans ?)

Does this make this 'breed' monstrous ? No,.....no more so than any other breed doing what they have been 'designed' to do. (Be it retrieving, protecting livestock or just simply being a 'physical oddity' to appeal to the eccentric)

Bottom line,...people are foolish,...not animals as they are simply not capable of being so.

As far as Vick 'beating the wrap',....who knows.? Money usually talks. But with that said,...if this incident becomes a liability that the league will "choose not to afford",.....well then ladies gentlemen,.....you "do the math".

Atlanta Dan
06-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Ruh-roh (Scooby pun intended)

Feds targeting Vick in dogfighting investigation

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 06/07/07

Federal authorities have taken control of the dogfighting investigation at a Virginia property owned by Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and the state prosecutor said it is likely that Vick has been targeted for charges.

"Michael Vick, is he the target? Who else would be?," asked Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter, who is no longer in charge of the prosecution unless that state also decides to continue pursuing the investigation. "I never imagined such interest."...

U.S. Department of Agriculture agent James P. Knorr, who has been involved with the investigation for weeks, contacted Poindexter around 3:15 p.m. Thursday and told him that federal agents and state police were at Vick's property. He notified Poindexter that officers were going to execute a search of the Surry County premises at 1915 Moonlight Road on the grounds of a "sealed" search warrant issued by federal authorities....

From aerial footage shot by Virginia television station WAVY, at least seven vehicles are on the premises. Officers could be seen walking on the grounds behind the house, were several buildings and sheds, that are painted black, stand.

Poindexter and sheriff Harold Brown refused to execute a warrant last week based on information from a police informant to search for up to 30 dog carcasses buried on the property.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/06/07/0608vick.html

Being investigated by the U.S. Attorney's Office may not be quite as chummy for Mr. Mexico as dealing with the go along to get along Mr. Poindexter, who apparently cannot imagine why anyone would be interested in a high profile NFL QB allegedly bankrolling a dog fighting operation - what a fool.

Livinginthe past
06-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Poindexter appears to possess below average intelligence from what I have read of him.

I have mentioned before that he contradicts himself on a regular basis - an update from a few days back found the 'Chief Investigator' trying to find evidence of Vick wrong-doing -

"Evidence is a gun, sworn testimony, an affidavit," Poindexter said. "I don't have any evidence. I don't have any investigative reports, none whatsoever. That doesn't mean that the leading investigator in this case is not working vigorously."

Seriously this guy sounds like he expecting a smoking gun to to just drop in his lap whilst doing no actual investigative work and shrugging his shoulders at how difficult a job he has.

There's only one thing Poindexter is 'working hard' and it isn't this case :wink02:

Thanks god the Feds are getting a shot at this, every day Poindexter led the investigation brought Vick a day closer to getting away without even answering these allegations.

Hopefully we may start to se some headway being made on this case.

tony hipchest
06-07-2007, 06:25 PM
poindexter :nerd: :propeller; is really coming off as a fumbling idiot huh?

not much discussion has been given to the "mass grave", but i find it intriguing. i mean isnt the exhumation of 30 carcasses gonna give the general public images of war crimes?

in no way am i trying to compare dogfighting to attempted genocide, but if they start pulling 30 carcasses out of the ground, certain images people have burned in their brains may be triggered. im not expecting a sympathetic public is this "grave" does exist on the property.

Atlanta Dan
06-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Seems as if prosecutor Poindexter is a little miffed that he is no longer calling the shots on the Vick investigation. Read the article and draw your own conclusions as to whether Vick faced any jeopardy with this guy running the investigation.

Va. attorney raises race issue
Poindexter asks what motivated Feds to step in

On a day when a search warrant a Surry County sheriff's deputy drew up expired unexecuted, federal law enforcement officials showed up with one of their own for the NFL star's property, indicating that they are taking over a slow-moving probe into possible dog fighting.

It was a development that left Gerald G. Poindexter, the commonwealth's attorney who would have been charged with prosecuting the case, dumbfounded ? and more than a little insulted.

"What is foreign to me is the federal government getting into a dog-fighting case," Poindexter said in a telephone interview. "I know it's been done, but what's driving this? Is it this boy's celebrity? Would they have done this if it wasn't Michael Vick?"...

"There's a larger thing here, and it has nothing to do with any breach of protocol," Poindexter said, still trying to rationalize where the federal government fits in. "There's something awful going on here. I don't know if it's racial. I don't know what it is."

Vick and Poindexter are black.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/06/08/0608vickrace.html

Any wagers on how long it would take Sharpton and Jackson to take off after a white prosecutor who referred to Vick as a "boy"? This state investigation is not incompetent - it is just home cooking for Vick. No wonder the Feds stepped in.

ChronoCross
06-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Guess ron mexico will not be happy in prison without his valtrex.

Atlanta Dan
06-08-2007, 04:38 PM
And the hits just keep on coming

Michael Vick's youth football camp in Virginia has been cancelled due to "scheduling issues."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/06/08/0608vickcamp.html

Like keeping your schedule open for a grand jury appearance? :sofunny:

tony hipchest
06-08-2007, 05:06 PM
i havent betrayed him, im still loyal to him, i wish we could fight this together and i still love him

- michael vicks cousin who is finally shown on espn, when asked if there was dogs fightin or being trained while he was living at the house... oh, and of course the obligatory "no comment".

dude was straight up hood, and i dont think him and michael will fighting anything "together" ever again.

silver & black
06-08-2007, 05:46 PM
- michael vicks cousin who is finally shown on espn, when asked if there was dogs fightin or being trained while he was living at the house... oh, and of course the obligatory "no comment".

dude was straight up hood, and i dont think him and michael will fighting anything "together" ever again.

I saw that. It sounded to me like he was trying to preserve his meal ticket. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
06-08-2007, 06:11 PM
I saw that. It sounded to me like he was trying to preserve his meal ticket. :sofunny:straight up. it sounded like he was begging his cuz for some monetary support with his legal team, now that the feds are involved. im sure he's gonna take the fall. im sure he expects that fall to be off a 2 story building rather than a 10 (if hes gonna continue to cover for "ron".

ChronoCross
06-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Hmm, well sir I only own a puddle, I do not know how them dogs got on the property, they were planted, they sure were planted. By Vick.. Nice knowing ya.

Edman
06-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I'd like to see Mr. Mexico and his ass-kissers weasel out of this one.

http://p087.ezboard.com/Feds-find-almost-3-dozen-dog-caracasses-vick-screwed/fstillersforumfrm2.showMessage?topicID=32894.topic

Atlanta Dan
06-08-2007, 08:25 PM
I'd like to see Mr. Mexico and his ass-kissers weasel out of this one.

http://p087.ezboard.com/Feds-find-almost-3-dozen-dog-caracasses-vick-screwed/fstillersforumfrm2.showMessage?topicID=32894.topic

From the link:

MORE THAN 30 DOG CARCASSES FOUND ON VICK PROPERTY

ESPN Radio, by way of WVEC-TV, reports that nearly three dozen dog carcasses were found on property owned by Falcons quarterback Mike Vick in Surry County, Virginia during a Thursday search by federal authorities.

Also, Patrick Terpstra of WVEC reports that Surry County prosecutor Gerald Poindexter will continue with his own investigation into the case as the federal investigation proceeds.

Maybe his lawyers can claim the dogs were tragic victims of tainted pet food manufactured in China.

As for Poindexter continuing his "investigation", he is about as credible as OJ looking for the real killer.

tony hipchest
06-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Maybe his lawyers can claim the dogs were tragic victims of tainted pet food manufactured in China.

As for Poindexter continuing his "investigation", he is about as credible as OJ looking for the real killer.

thanks.

a jury of his rural virginian "peers" might just believe that. i wont even make the connection to orenthall.

funny how :nerd:poindexter:propeller: had the search warrant thrown out and constantly cited "insufficient evidence", yet the leak of 30 carcasses (probably from a scetchy "source") proved to be on point. :rolleyes:

so much for his next "campaign"