PDA

View Full Version : a SPECIAL THANKS to #43

4xSBChamps
04-27-2007, 08:37 PM
..... although I left Pennsylvania a few days before the '07 Season Opener for Florida, and saw very few games last year, I have to give a SPECIAL THANKS to #43:
a few days ago, he visited a local (Pittsburgh ) hospital, and spent time with a few very sick little children, who can't stop talking about 'the football player' that took the time to visit them, and who's parents were very impressed with him as-well.

:nw: :cheers: :hug:

polamalufan43
04-27-2007, 08:39 PM
That's very cool. He does that often I believe.
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest
04-27-2007, 08:44 PM
..... although I left Pennsylvania a few days before the '07 Season Opener for Florida, and saw very few games last year, I have to give a SPECIAL THANKS to #43:
a few days ago, he visited a local (Pittsburgh ) hospital, and spent time with a few very sick little children, who can't stop talking about 'the football player' that took the time to visit them, and who's parents were very impressed with him as-well.

:nw: :cheers: :hug:long time no see.

too bad we hear too little of the good things. its all contract hold outs and dog fighting rings. :cheers:

stillers4me
04-27-2007, 08:48 PM
That's our Troy......he has a heart of gold! :thumbsup:

ChronoCross
04-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I seen many steelers players come and go over in germany in 10 years I was there visiting Landstuhle hospital and the troops and more. Its always great when they do that.

4xSBChamps
04-27-2007, 09:01 PM
long time no see.

Since I don't get to see 'em Stillers very-often on TV, I feel I have nothing constructive to offer this Forum, but I peep when I can:
these Floridians are crazy about college football, and locals here (outside Tampa ) think Chuckie's smirk is special.....
:moon:

I'd repost the pictures here, but I won't w/o permission from my best-friends, who's little 4 year-old girl has leukemia, but, suffice-to-say, #43 made quite an impression on all he touched.
:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
04-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Since I don't get to see 'em Stillers very-often on TV, I feel I have nothing constructive to offer this Forum, but I peep when I can:
these Floridians are crazy about college football, and locals here (outside Tampa ) think Chuckie's smirk is special.....
:moon:

I'd repost the pictures here, but I won't w/o permission from my best-friends, who's little 4 year-old girl has leukemia, but, suffice-to-say, #43 made quite an impression on all he touched.
:thumbsup:hey bro, i remember when you joined, and you always brought something relevant to the board, just like this thread thanking polamalu. :cheers:

4xSBChamps
06-07-2007, 02:12 PM
just a quick update.....

my best-friend's daughter is coming-home from the hosital, after spending several months there:
she's lost all of her hair (Troy..... can you spare a foot of hair? ), but I think she'll wear a #43 jersey when watching the games this season with her dad!

Football-related, these people think that Jeff Garcia is really gonna turn-around the Pewter-Pirates (that's what the local media call the Buccaneers..... ) this season.

steelersfanmx
06-07-2007, 07:24 PM
That's our Troy......he has a heart of gold! :thumbsup:

WELL SAID!!!::thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
06-07-2007, 07:38 PM
That's Troy for ya. Classy guy.

Big7BenHOF
06-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Good ol' Troy.

4xSBChamps
09-10-2009, 05:50 AM
just a quick update.....

my best-friend's daughter is coming-home from the hosital, after spending several months there:
she's lost all of her hair (Troy..... can you spare a foot of hair? ), but I think she'll wear a #43 jersey when watching the games this season with her dad!

Sadly, I must update this older thread

on 18 August 2009, my friend's daughter lost her 31-month battle with Leukemia, 10 days after her 7th birthday:
while the family is devastated by the loss, I know they'd want to thank all those who prayed for their little girl, and for the visit by Troy Polamalu on 25 April 2007.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/NikkiDenikerTroyPolamalu.jpg

HometownGal
09-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Awwwww, hon - I am so sorry to hear that this precious little girl lost her battle with cancer. :shake02: I will most definitely keep her and her family in my prayers. God needed another little angel and chose her and though I didn't know her, I do know that she will be watching over her family and #43 with that adorable smile!

God Bless.

arge5809
09-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Awesome!!!

caplovestroyp43
10-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Awww I too am sooo sorry to hear she lost her life. But happy to hear that our Troy brought joy and smiles to her life during her fight. I am absolutely NUTS about Troy and this gives me more reason to be. He's such a great guy. He really is.