PDA

View Full Version : So, I participated in a live on-the-air mock draft held by a local radio show yesterd

bangpow
04-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Like the title says, I was in a mock draft yesterday put on by a local sports radio show here in the Detroit area. I was picked to be the Steelers GM, of course. ;)

It was only the first round and we couldn't trade picks. Then after the pick it was critiqued by the hosts and we were interviewed by the Lions insider who works for the station. It was actually a lot of fun.

Anyway, with the 15th pick in the draft I took....

OG Ben Grubbs

I wanted no part of Revis and Carriker was gone, so I took the top rated G in the draft.

The pick went over well with those involved in the draft and I didn't get bashed like I thought I would.

MasterOfPuppets
04-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Like the title says, I was in a mock draft yesterday put on by a local sports radio show here in the Detroit area. I was picked to be the Steelers GM, of course. ;)

It was only the first round and we couldn't trade picks. Then after the pick it was critiqued by the hosts and we were interviewed by the Lions insider who works for the station. It was actually a lot of fun.

Anyway, with the 15th pick in the draft I took....

OG Ben Grubbs

I wanted no part of Revis and Carriker was gone, so I took the top rated G in the draft.

The pick went over well with those involved in the draft and I didn't get bashed like I thought I would.
:chair:

SteelCityMan786
04-28-2007, 01:44 PM

What you said.

bangpow
05-12-2007, 09:59 AM

Yep, how's that Alan Faneca situation working out? It would be a lot easier to deal with if they had drafted Grubbs.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Yep, how's that Alan Faneca situation working out? It would be a lot easier to deal with if they had drafted Grubbs.

Kemo is a bull and Colon or Mahan can play Guard effectively...Stephenson was drafted for depth ....we will be okay

verks36
05-12-2007, 11:39 AM

Never thought of that

good point

bangpow
05-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Never thought of that

good point

I should also note that I do think picking Grubbs at 15 would've been too high to draft him, but we couldn't make any trades. Ideally, I wanted the Steelers to trade down a few spots then take him.

However, he's now a Raven!!!

rbryan
05-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Kemo is a bull and Colon or Mahan can play Guard effectively...Stephenson was drafted for depth ....we will be okay

Agreed. And even if some people don't agree, whats the point worrying about Faneca?
It's not like we can go back in time and erase what happened. He could just as easily been lost all year to an injury. Whats done is done. Time to move on. Faneca is dead to me.

bangpow
03-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I wanted to dig this one up, because I got a little criticism on my pick of Grubbs during that draft.

How's that pick look now?

;)

MasterOfPuppets
03-02-2008, 11:20 AM
i wouldn't have had a problem with grubbs, staley,blaylock, or ugoh at the 25th pick. i just thought 15 was too high for them, and obviously so did the other teams, because they all went late. i'm also on record of being against timmons at 15. i would have preffered any of the mentioned olinemen over timmons at 15.actually i would have taken poz before timmons at 15.....hopefully timmons will make me eat my words this year.

bangpow
03-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Like I said, we couldn't trade or else I would've traded down. ;)