PDA

View Full Version : I TOLD YOU SO!

Krepotkin
04-28-2007, 07:50 PM
I posted about this guy months ago! I'm stoked about him, he is a monster.

Lamar Woodley is the sickness im telling you guys he needs to be in a steelers uniform. He might not be around in the 2nd round, but we should trade down or something. he plays with a mean streak just like our beloved Joey. I am very sold on him and I've watched a number of Michigan games this year and he is an animal.

Kittyfish
04-29-2007, 12:01 PM
You called it, all right! Good for you, Krepotkin - I hope he works out as well as you predict. I saw the youtube video and was impressed.

GBMelBlount
04-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Possibly the bright spot from day 1. Good call!

Stlrs4Life
04-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Glad he is a Steeler.

polamalufan43
04-29-2007, 01:03 PM

You called it, good for you... four terrible towel waves

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

LambertIsGod58
04-29-2007, 04:12 PM
I would have preferred to address our DB situation. Leon Hall was still there at #15 and we go LB....WTF?

revefsreleets
04-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Woodley was really disruptive on defense all year, and he tore up some good Big 10 offenses. I'm glad we got him, and I think he is a steal.

I'm glad we didn't get Leon Hall. He was lit up bad by Ohio State and USC, and although a lot of those receivers went pro, he's also supposed to be a pro caliber CB. I'd rather stick with our 4 experienced CB's than try to break in another rookie.

Preacher
04-30-2007, 08:00 PM
I would have preferred to address our DB situation. Leon Hall was still there at #15 and we go LB....WTF?

If Joey was resigned... I think we would have gone a different way. However, without Joey, and with the aging group we have... I like the choices. On paper, we are strong again. Let's just hope paper translates to grass....

and I am resigned to giving Tomlin a year with our DB's to work out everything... We may not need a DB...

and yes, I was one of the ones calling for a db... and I will be calling for the heads of the DB's next year if they play like they did this year.

The Duke
05-01-2007, 01:08 PM
tomlin works great with db's , if he thought we needed one we would've drafted one. our current ones just need that fire to work great again

Crushzilla
05-01-2007, 01:43 PM
I tend to forget that he was a DB coach in the beginning...

I can sleep a little easier

Elvis
05-04-2007, 06:12 PM
If Joey was resigned... I think we would have gone a different way. However, without Joey, and with the aging group we have... I like the choices. On paper, we are strong again. Let's just hope paper translates to grass....

and I am resigned to giving Tomlin a year with our DB's to work out everything... We may not need a DB...

and yes, I was one of the ones calling for a db... and I will be calling for the heads of the DB's next year if they play like they did this year.
:tt02: I agree with your post here brother... but I dont see the aging OLB's myself. It is our ILB's that are gettin' old. With Farrior coming to the end of a good career as a Jet and Steeler, but we must address this position sooner than later in my opinion of course...

klick81
05-05-2007, 03:16 PM
You called it, all right! Good for you, Krepotkin - I hope he works out as well as you predict. I saw the youtube video and was impressed.

Got a link for said video?

polamalufan43
05-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Got a link for said video?

Yeah, I want to see 'cause I think I might have seen it before.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Jeremy
05-05-2007, 03:41 PM
You want a cookie?

This is a clear case of :fishing:

verks36
07-03-2007, 04:35 AM

Well you must be happy when we drafted him. He has talent lets just hope he pans out to be a classic black and gold linebacker. All we can do is wait

Elvis
07-03-2007, 05:28 AM
Atta Babe! NIce! called it rite on! i have this feeling that, Lamar woodley might be a better pro then Lawrence Timmons.... Yeah u guys heard it from me but idk Lawrence seems like a complete bust to me...... but Lamar he's ours
Sounds to me like you need to give a guy a chance bud. This guy hasnt gotten on the field yet and your saying he is a bust? I am glad that your not the one that started this Steelersfever website, because if there wasnt 3,000 chatters at first you would have probably canceled it and we wouldnt be here right now in the greatest Steelers Forrum on the net...
:tt02:

ricksteelers55
08-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I really love all of our picks except 1(Matt Spaeth)

I saw the guy a couple of times,and I'm really not impressed with his play.

He's big,not fast and isn't good as a blocker

He doesnt have good hands,the kind of guy that will drop a pass in the endzone.

So I still wonder why they took the guy.I know they wanted to bring the 3 TE Formation but we could have drafted one TE later in the draft or even sign a UDFA.

I still think we should have draft a OL or Michael Bush.

This pick I tell you is going to be one that will haunt us for years to come.

But I really love all of the other picks

My fav picks were
Timmons
Woodley
Sepulveda
Gay

Crushzilla
08-11-2007, 11:05 PM
I don't know if it would be cataclysmic if a 3rd rounder didn't pan out. I can name a handleful of guys in the past decade that went much higher, were much more hyped, and didn't work out.

Spaeth was inactive last week with an injury so its gonna take a while to see anything from him.

What is it you like about Timmons? His shirt/pant matching ability? I haven't seen much of him to really make a decision, but I worry because this isn't the kind of defense that a one-dimensional defender is going to thrive in.

If they DO swing him to ILB I think he'd be better off since, from what I hear and have seen in some videos, is very explosive into the backfield. I'd rather see Woodley on the outside as he's done well in coverage this preseason.

Drafting an Offensive Lineman, after tonights performance, MAY have been worth looking into more, in retrospect, but I'm sure that was considered and they didn't see anyone they were crazy about.

I don't know about Bush. First of all, he was, and is, high risk, high reward. Before his leg injury I would have loved to have had him, but there's really no way of knowing how its gonna pan out. I mean look at Timmons. He has bust written all over him and that groin wasn't looking like a big deal in the beginning.

We are having trouble figuring out who, of this group sans Bush, we would like to see go. This backfield has potential, even without Bush.

I agree with you on the other three picks. Everyone but Timmons I am in to.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-12-2007, 07:28 AM
....Drafting an Offensive Lineman, after tonights performance, MAY have been worth looking into more, in retrospect, but I'm sure that was considered and they didn't see anyone they were crazy about....

Good points Crush....I have looked over the draft boards several times just wondering where we may have tweaked things a bit...(who we could have taken in place of Spaeth and Ryan McBean...ect.).....and I think you are right. At #77 the only Lineman that I saw that I would have wanted, that was available was OT Doug Free, and he was a reach at that pick...RB Tony Hunt may have been worth a look ...and WR Mike Walker at 6'2 and 4.45, would have been interesting.

I think that at McBeans spot...Penn States Tim Shaw would have been nice...He may translate into a solid blue-collar ILB...especially in a 3-4 scheme.

Jeremy
08-12-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm not worried about the offensive line, and I doubt Coach Tomlin is either. We knew that he was going to mix things up so he could see where we are. I don't think we have the line to make a Super Bowl run this season, but I think that after this season Coach Tomlin will figure out what he needs and the FO will go and get it for him.

Footballaholic98
08-12-2007, 02:43 PM
You were completely right lamar woodley is gonna be a beast and lawrence timmon looks like hes gonna be a great pick. william gay look lik he might pan out to be real good even though hes comin in as a late rounder

Preacher
08-13-2007, 04:53 AM
You were completely right lamar woodley is gonna be a beast and lawrence timmon looks like hes gonna be a great pick. william gay look lik he might pan out to be real good even though hes comin in as a late rounder

Just wondering what your basing this info on. I sure hope its true... but I think we don't even know enough to know what we do and do not know about this kid.

Jeremy
08-13-2007, 05:01 AM
Just wondering what your basing this info on. I sure hope its true... but I think we don't even know enough to know what we do and do not know about this kid.

If you base it off of his college performance, he's right on.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-13-2007, 05:31 AM

Hard to judge college performance on a one year starter.

Jeremy
08-13-2007, 05:32 AM
Hard to judge college performance on a one year starter.

There are guys in the league who never started in college.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-13-2007, 06:00 AM
There are guys in the league who never started in college.

Your correct...but the point is how hard is it to judge one year starters and how they will do in the pros...(Much less those who never started OR even never went to college)

Preacher
08-13-2007, 06:12 AM

Too true, and all of our hope. However, there are many that have not been able to make that jump.

Here's hoping he does.

Until he is healed, and out on the field playing, we just don't know what we don't know.

A bust? Not even worth discussing. Next HOF'er? Again, not even worth discussing.

I just want the kid to heal. Then, get in and play a few snaps with the 3rd and 4th string. Just to get the game mind going and make sure the groin holds out.

Jeremy
08-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Your correct...but the point is how hard is it to judge one year starters and how they will do in the pros...(Much less those who never started OR even never went to college)

Yup, but the Steelers weren't the only ones who thought the kid was a Top 20 type of pick. I'll trust the guys who do it for a living in you know what I mean.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Yup, but the Steelers weren't the only ones who thought the kid was a Top 20 type of pick. I'll trust the guys who do it for a living in you know what I mean.

I completely understand what you mean....its like the competition at RB right now...the coaches will keep those who have proven themselves in practice and on the field...not just by preseason highlights.
However...PFW had an excellent article (which I posted just before the draft) about a VERY strong trend in first round players with less than two years starting experience and the potential for that player to be a dissapointement...they showed the last 4 years draft and it was scary/interesting as to the percentage that either busted or underperformed.
That being said...there are always exceptions to the rule and Timmons DID play behind ernie Sims who was a very productive player.

Jeremy
08-13-2007, 06:49 AM
I completely understand what you mean....its like the competition at RB right now...the coaches will keep those who have proven themselves in practice and on the field...not just by preseason highlights.
However...PFW had an excellent article (which I posted just before the draft) about a VERY strong trend in first round players with less than two years starting experience and the potential for that player to be a dissapointement...they showed the last 4 years draft and it was scary/interesting as to the percentage that either busted or underperformed.
That being said...there are always exceptions to the rule and Timmons DID play behind ernie Sims who was a very productive player.

Yup, and even though he only started one year, he saw playing time both years before that. Freshman don't usually go down to Tallhassee to sit on the bench the way they've done at some other schools around the country. Plus you have to look at Floirda State's track record with defensive players in the NFL. Sure, Steelers fans feel burned by Alonzo Jackson, but that doesn't mean we should overlook other FSU studs like Deon Sanders, Derrick Brooks, Dexter Jackson, Samari Rolle, not to mention the Steeler's own Bryant McFadden and former Steeler Chris Hope.

I'd say that Floirda State's track record helps erase some of those doubts about Timmons only starting one season.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Yup, and even though he only started one year, he saw playing time both years before that. Freshman don't usually go down to Tallhassee to sit on the bench the way they've done at some other schools around the country. Plus you have to look at Floirda State's track record with defensive players in the NFL. Sure, Steelers fans feel burned by Alonzo Jackson, but that doesn't mean we should overlook other FSU studs like Deon Sanders, Derrick Brooks, Dexter Jackson, Samari Rolle, not to mention the Steeler's own Bryant McFadden and former Steeler Chris Hope.

I'd say that Floirda State's track record helps erase some of those doubts about Timmons only starting one season.

LOL....I was about to mention Alonzo Jackson!!!

Jeremy
08-13-2007, 08:11 AM
LOL....I was about to mention Alonzo Jackson!!!

Sure, Jackson was a bust. But you have to keep in mind that he's not the norm, not even for the Steelers!

Preacher
08-15-2007, 09:28 PM

Very nice post.