PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Draft Sepulveda, P

Stlrs4Life
04-29-2007, 12:26 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/90772

Steelers, Packers swap fourth-rounders
http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/pit.gif http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/gnb.gif Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=pit): Acquire pick No. 112 (selected P Daniel Sepulveda).
Green Bay Packers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=gnb): Acquire picks No. 119 (fourth round) and No. 192 (sixth round).

polamalufan43
04-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Looks like Gardocki might have some competition...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Krepotkin
04-29-2007, 01:42 PM
When you punt for a team like Baylor, you get a lot of experience.

tony hipchest
04-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Looks like Gardocki might have some competition...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:"competition"?

gardocki's got a 1 way ticket out of town.

steelcity58
04-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Could the Steelers not doing ANYTHING else but draft a punter?

I don't care if it's the 10th round....you take a shot on a long shot WR or RB imo.

He better not turn into a Josh Miller and play well only AFTER, he leaves Pittsburgh.

I remember Cowher glaring death at Miller when he was one, two years in and shanking the hell out of the ball. (15 yard punts...with 10 yards net)

Now, he's like Pro Bowl material...

A punter...pfftt...

PisnNapalm
04-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I like the pick of this punter. He's got a cannon leg and if needed can play some linebacker. :P

Seriously though, I'm ok with the pick. Ain't no one in the locker room gonna pick on him. That's for sure.

Dynasty
04-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Nuthin wrong with Punters who were recruited as linebackers... and he does have a great leg. he's accurate and puts it deep.

fansince'76
04-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Sadly, the punter was one of the better picks the Steelers made this weekend.

Dynasty
04-29-2007, 03:07 PM
"competition"?

exactly. you dont draft a punter for "competition". he's there as a replacement.

SteelersFever
04-29-2007, 03:08 PM
We needed a new punter. Gardocki is garbage. He played horrible last year. Forget about his no blocked kicked record (Whoooooopie!) and remember when he flicked off the Steelers sideline. How many times did he get the ball inside of the 20 last year?

19ward86
04-29-2007, 03:18 PM
ive been hearing a lot about him coming to pittsburgh for a few weeks and im glad. he ran a 4.41 40 yd dash at his campus. he played linebacker and holds the record for yds/punt with 45.something.

Stlrs4Life
04-29-2007, 03:33 PM
I think it is a good pic.

tony hipchest
04-29-2007, 03:42 PM
a good pick who is practically guaranteed to not be cut in camp. he will easilly outplay his contract and move on to the patriots who wont mind paying market value for his talents.

stillers4me
04-29-2007, 03:46 PM
You're kidding, right??

Please let me be the first to say it.......

David Sepulveda has never had a punt blocked in an NFL game.......ever. :thumbsup:

LarryNJ
04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
The special teams were far from stellar last year. We get a punter, & 2 LB who will all be on special teams this season! Now if we can learn how to field a punt. :)

Jeremy
04-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Don't forget that Willie Reid, who broke Neon Deon's return records at FSU, should be back healthy next season.

SteelersFever
04-29-2007, 04:26 PM
You're kidding, right??

Please let me be the first to say it.......

David Sepulveda has never had a punt blocked in an NFL game.......ever. :thumbsup:

What you tryin' to do!? Jinx us? :old:

PisnNapalm
04-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Here's Gardocki's stats....

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1408

He's been declining each year. I like the new punter pick.

HometownGal
04-29-2007, 06:09 PM
I think it's a great pick. :thumbsup: I love Chris "The Finger" Gardocki and am not going to snipe at him because of last season - it wasn't like the Steelers O gave him good field position on a regular basis for him to boot it. Other than FWP and Santo (other than his fumbilitis), they all needed a kick in the seat last season.

Hey - if Sepulveda beats out Gardocki and Barr in camp - I'm all for it. :banana:

MACH1
04-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey as long as he can kick longer than 30yds its all good.:wink02:

The Duke
04-29-2007, 07:14 PM
ok so who do you think will be our punter, sepulveda or barr?

steelersfanman92
04-29-2007, 07:40 PM
That was not a bad pick your punt team was terriable last year

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 07:45 PM
ok so who do you think will be our punter, sepulveda or barr?

Sepulveda without doubt. I don't want to waste a 4th round pick like the Steelers did with Fred Gibson and Orien Harris.

yinzer-inseattle
04-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Sepulveda may become the defense's best friend. This guy looks like he's a deamon for punts inside the 20. You need consistantly good field position and PAT holds from your punter. That's IT! This guy will make the team and earn his keep! Nice pick, a little high but a nice pick.

The Duke
04-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Sepulveda without doubt. I don't want to waste a 4th round pick like the Steelers did with Fred Gibson and Orien Harris.

then mike barr cut again?

Elvis
04-29-2007, 08:33 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
The Best Value Pick The Steelers Made In My Opinion... He will make the difference on our special teams doing better this upcoming season..:thumbsup:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Sepulveda may become the defense's best friend. This guy looks like he's a deamon for punts inside the 20. You need consistantly good field position and PAT holds from your punter. That's IT! This guy will make the team and earn his keep! Nice pick, a little high but a nice pick.

Nice post.:jammin:

polamalufan43
04-29-2007, 09:19 PM
"competition"?

Hey, I'm being nice until it's offcial...gosh...:wink02:

As for the Barr vs. Sepulveda, I'm going with Sepulveda and Barr still being on the team for maybe one more season.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

OneForTheToe
04-29-2007, 10:07 PM
If he is the punter after next season few will care where he was drafted. He reminds me a little of Reggie Robbie(sp), the old Miami kicker. Robbie used to kick those high monster kicks.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Surely you cannot draft a freakin' punter (a poor mans kicker) and then not have him be your main man?

The Steelers know the Sepulveda will be their punter this year - goodbye Gardocki.

Hines0wnz
04-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Have to wait and find out about this one. :\

Preacher
04-30-2007, 12:19 AM
I forget where the link is...

but you ALL should see the link of his hit on punt coverage........

WOW

After I saw that...... well... I now like the choice... when your PUNTER can CRANK someone... let's just say it can set a tone... who wants to be outplayed and outhit by a punter??

EDIT: Here is the link.......

http://www.baylortv.com/streaming/000641/300kbps_str.asx

Rotorhead
04-30-2007, 12:44 AM
WOW a punter that is not afraid to make the tackle . . . I like this pick alot after seeing that hit!

SteelerXL
04-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Sepulveda will be the Steelers punter in 2007. Period. And from the few times I've seen him play, plus the highlight reels, I'm excited. Field position is one of the things that KILLED us in 2006. This kid can boot the living hell out of a football. He does need to work on his placement some though from reports, but that can be coached.

Punters are never a sexy pick, but this was a need following our failed grab for Andy Lee. I for one like the pick.

Livinginthe past
04-30-2007, 06:22 AM
If a punter has to make a hit surely your ST has made a prety large mistake?

SteelersFever
04-30-2007, 06:35 AM
I think it's a great pick. :thumbsup: I love Chris "The Finger" Gardocki and am not going to snipe at him because of last season - it wasn't like the Steelers O gave him good field position on a regular basis for him to boot it. Other than FWP and Santo (other than his fumbilitis), they all needed a kick in the seat last season.

Hey - if Sepulveda beats out Gardocki and Barr in camp - I'm all for it. :banana:

With Daniel Sepulveda (Top Punter Prospect) being drafted Gardocki has a minuscule chance of making the team. Sepulveda would really have to screw up. Sorry Gardocki fans.

As John Smathers said ... "It's time to punt Gardocki!". I wish he didn't get a ring to put on his flick off finger. $1,000,000,000 to anyone who breaks it off and sends me the ring. :sofunny:

HometownGal
04-30-2007, 08:45 AM
With Daniel Sepulveda (Top Punter Prospect) being drafted Gardocki has a minuscule chance of making the team. Sepulveda would really have to screw up. Sorry Gardocki fans.

As John Smathers said ... "It's time to punt Gardocki!". I wish he didn't get a ring to put on his flick off finger. $1,000,000,000 to anyone who breaks it off and sends me the ring. :sofunny:

I realize that you aren't a Gardocki, fan, Mike (gee - how would I have known that? LOL!), and even though he basically sucked last season, he was an intergral part of the Steelers run for the Super Bowl in 2005. He was awesome during the playoffs, especially in the Broncs game. He earned that ring.

I'm a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and not of any one particular player. If the Steelers release Gardocki and Sepulveda can do a much better job, I'm all for it. Whatever it takes to get the job done. :thumbsup:

Tim
04-30-2007, 09:11 AM
I was surprised at this pick too, especially the trade to go up a few notches to get him. Then I saw his stats, size and ability to play defense and figured, hey why not.

In fact, looking back on many Steelers games, I would say that the most shouting I do at the TV is when we screw up yet another punt. Maybe this guy can give our special teams a boost, that'd be new.

SteelerFanInCA
04-30-2007, 10:44 AM
ive been hearing a lot about him coming to pittsburgh for a few weeks and im glad. he ran a 4.41 40 yd dash at his campus. he played linebacker and holds the record for yds/punt with 45.something.

At least we know he can chase someone down if he has to. :smile:

Stlrs4Life
04-30-2007, 11:03 AM
I agree, goodbye Gardocki.

SteelerFanInCA
04-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Ok, after watching the video of his hit, he definitley looks like Steelers material.

Counselor
04-30-2007, 11:31 AM
I guess even the Punter has to have the "RH" (Run-Hit) factor. Love it!

tony hipchest
04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
hate to admit this about a punter but this is one of the most impressive prospect interviews i have read.Daniel Sepulveda

Punter-Baylor

4th Round — 112th Overall
Congratulations Daniel.

Thank you.

Were you a little surprised to be drafted in the fourth round?

I'm just so excited. I wouldn't necessarily say surprised. (confidence) I think we set a goal for about this time. It's nice for it to work out this way. I really enjoyed my visit up to Pittsburgh. I was excited about that opportunity and had a good feeling when I was up there. And so, I'm excited. That's about all I can say.

You walked on to Baylor as a linebacker, then you became a punter. I guess that's quite a fast turnaround for you there?

Yes, sir. (respect) It definitely was. It's been so clear to me throughout my whole life, and throughout my whole football career that God's hand has been on me, guiding me along the way. I think it's evidenced by the fact that if you look at where my career took me. I started off at a different position and now here I am getting drafted. I've got to thank my family. And I just feel so tremendously blessed to be here where I am right now.

The Steelers have a couple of veteran punters on the roster. Have the Steelers told you that you are the guy, or will you have to compete with them?

I think the fourth round [selection] sends a pretty strong message. (self assured) I also recognize that if you don't get the job done, you're not going to be the guy. I'm looking forward to some competition, to learning as much as I can from both of those guys because they have been around a lot longer than I have, and know the ropes, obviously, better than I do. (Doesnt think he has "arrived") I'm going to do the best I can to learn from them and we'll just go forward and do the best we can.

If you walked on as a linebacker and wound up as a punter, were you a little disappointed that you didn't make the team as a linebacker?

It was definitely a tough transition for me. Obviously, the mindset for those two positions is drastically different. Making that transition is one that took a couple of years. It wasn't kind of just flipping the switch for me. And I struggled with that. I guess the first couple of years that I was the punter at Baylor, and started to realize and recognize that that's all I was going to be doing. I tried to sneak my way onto some special teams throughout my career and was able to do that at times. I really did enjoy it, but finally did settle in to where I knew that punter was the position that God would have me to be at. (has faith and never gave up on hid dream of being a football player- even if it meant being a freaking pansy punter)

You had four punts blocked in your career. Did you get that corrected?

Yes, sir. Those were [during] my freshman year. If you just kind of follow along my whole story and, like I was just talking about, that whole transition – the first time I kicked for the coaches down at Baylor, obviously it was a different coaching staff than I ended up playing for, but it was painfully evident to them that I didn't know what I was doing. I had very little experience at that point and it showed that year with all of those blocks. As I progressed throughout my career, those numbers fell off pretty quick. It's not an issue any more. Obviously, you've got to always keep on guard and that's the most important part of the punt because if you don't get it off, it doesn't even matter how good or how high it is. I recognize that.

Did your ego take a little hit when the other punter went before you in the [fourth] round?

You know what? That was another goal of ours. We fell a little bit short there, (sets goals and not afraid to admit it) but I'm so happy for Adam. We became friends through this whole process this whole spring. He was at the combine with me and we got know each other a little bit. We roomed together at the Senior Bowl. He's a great guy. I'm excited for him. I'm really happy for him. I think Jacksonville is going to be a good fit for him. I knew that they were interested in him and [that] some other teams were more interested in me. We kind of bring a different style to the position. I'm excited for him. I'm happy for him. I'm excited to watch him and I think we're going to go ahead and keep in touch throughout this whole process and encourage each other. I'm happy for him.

Who taught you how to kick the aussie roll?

That's just something that I picked up watching guys. Being from Dallas, I got the opportunity to watch Matt McBride of the Cowboys on TV often. I got the opportunity to meet him last summer. I kind of talked to him face-to-face about it. He wasn't revealing any secrets, but at the same time, [he] just kind of talked to me about how he does it. It's something that I kind of started messing around with at practice and developed into what it is now. It's been great for me. It's really going to help me out. I'm excited to be able to add that to my repertoire, so to speak. (learned the "aussie roll by watching on tv?- granted, i dont know what the aussie roll is)

Did [the Steelers] mention anything about kicking off?

You know what? Jeff Reed does such a great job of that up in Pittsburgh. (humble yet tells a great joke- probably with a straight face) I'm sure he can show me a thing or two about that and it's something that I might be able to bring to the table later in my career. If that happens to be the case, if that opportunity presents itself, I'd like to make myself ready. But, that's obviously not a need at Pittsburgh right now. So it looks like I'll get the opportunity to learn from somebody who knows what they're doing.

Your bio says that you bench press 335 pounds. :jawdrop: That's a lot for a punter. Is that an accurate statement? Also, what kind of guy are you in the weight room?

Off season is my kind of time. I almost like it more than the actual season itself. Obviously, we play football for the games, but I enjoy off season. I always have. I've always been all about it. In high school, I didn't play other sports. I went to football off season because I enjoyed it so much. (holy shit, this dude is insane and has the work ethic to boot!) You really can't replace that team dynamic where you are sweating and bleeding with the guy next to you, knowing he's hurting just as bad as you are. You really can't find that anywhere else in life.

I was ready to do the bench press test at the combine. They weren't interested in having me do that, but I was ready to do it. I've done 23 reps before. ( youve gotta be freaking kidding me!) I don't know how much good that does you at the position that I play, but it certainly can't hurt. ( damn skippy)

Does that mean we'll see you maybe run down and put a couple of licks on on the kick coverage?

I guess that's up to Coach Tomlin. If he wants me to do that, I'd be more than willing to give it a shot.(willing and able to do whatever is required

You were a linebacker, but when did you actually first start punting? Junior high? High school?

You know, I've punted my whole life. I started playing football in fourth grade and I was the punter at that time. I punted fourth, fifth, sixth grade, seventh grade. I had a late growth spurt, so I think it was the eighth grade that I wasn't the starting punter. That carries all the way through high school. There were just some bigger guys with bigger legs. I wasn't about punting. That's not why I played football. I just did it to help the team because I could do it. Through high school, I never had any coaching. I just did it to help out the team. It wasn't until I got to college that I started to take it a little more seriously. I went and pursued some coaching and ended up redshirting as a freshman, and then winning the job as a redshirt freshman. It's just gone from there.

Preacher
04-30-2007, 08:23 PM
WHO IN THE HECK HAS EVER HEARD OF A PUNTER BENCHING 300 PLUS POUNDS???

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Well the guy is a true football player. With most punter and kickers you can't really call them football players.lol

I hope he can kickoff as well since Jeff Reed flatout sucks on kickoffs.

X-Terminator
04-30-2007, 08:25 PM

Not me. This guy is an animal! Hell, I'm a pretty big guy, and I can only dream of doing 23 reps at 335 lbs!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2007, 08:26 PM

Well he went to Baylor as a LB and was converted to P. I can't wait to see him cause a fumble tackling a return man.lol Bring on Wes Welker New England.lol

fansince'76
04-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Wonder what his hang time is like?

Preacher
04-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Wonder what his hang time is like?

I wonder if we will have to have two stats... Hang time... and blackout time after he hits someone!!

fansince'76
04-30-2007, 08:49 PM
The "Headhunter Punter?" I kinda like the ring of that. :jammin:

GBMelBlount
04-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Sounds like we got two guys for one on ST's. How does he compare to top college punters all time? Distance, hang time, % inside twenty. BTW, LITP, in response to your earlier jab, we are gonna drop Alfalfa...ooops sorry, meant moss.

fansince'76
04-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Sounds like we got two guys for one on ST's. How does he compare to top college punters all time? Distance, hang time, % inside twenty. BTW, LITP, in response to your earlier jab, we are gonna drop Alfalfa...ooops sorry, meant moss.

Alfalfa, or Buckwheat? I say Buckwheat. :toofunny:

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Alfalfa-Print-C10113037.jpeghttp://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Buckwheat-Poster-Card-C10230417.jpeghttp://enrico.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/mossbadhair.jpg

Livinginthe past
04-30-2007, 09:02 PM
LOL.

For godsakes Randy - no guns allowed in Patriotsville :sofunny:

Edit : On second inspection..what the hell is that in that kids hand?

Livinginthe past
04-30-2007, 09:05 PM

I read that he has a problem with hang time and tends to hit line drives

Nothing that can't be coached up im sure.

fansince'76
04-30-2007, 09:17 PM
LOL.

For godsakes Randy - no guns allowed in Patriotsville :sofunny:

Edit : On second inspection..what the hell is that in that kids hand?

No idea - either a potato peeler or a 1930's version of a shiv. :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
04-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Oooops. Meant Buckwheat. When we are done with him, the Moss will definitely be growing on the south side!

Livinginthe past
05-01-2007, 12:12 AM
No idea - either a potato peeler or a 1930's version of a shiv. :chuckle:

Ha ha.

Maybe a potato peeler was a 1930's shiv :sofunny:

tony hipchest
05-01-2007, 12:22 AM
No idea - either a potato peeler or a 1930's version of a shiv. :chuckle:lol. its darlas best friend, silly....
a cuccumber with a handle.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Hopefully this kid will give our special teams play the boost it so desperately needs. Hell he may be the first punter to ever have multiple appearances on "JACKED UP" this season. Only he'll be the one doing the jacking up. That's what I'm talking about

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

http://postgazette.com/pg/07122/782646-66.stm

Steelers' new punter already a hit on TV

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Steelers new punter Daniel Sepulveda has made highlights with a ferocious tackle, but it's his punts that might cause opponents to lose a lot of sleep.

By Ed Bouchette
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

There's a highlight of him from 2004 running under his 51-yard punt and then smacking North Texas return man Johnny Quinn to the turf.

"Maybe the best hit we've had since I've been around here," gushed Baylor coach Guy Morriss at the time. "The kid bugs me every day about being a linebacker, and I understand why."

At 6 feet 2 1/2, Sepulveda is taller than the Steelers' first-round draft choice, linebacker Lawrence Timmons, and at 229 pounds just five pounds lighter -- and faster, considering Sepulveda has been clocked running the 40 at 4.43.

Steelers scouts and coaches could not stop talking about their new punter's size and athletic ability last weekend, nor that he began college as a walk-on linebacker. But they did not use two draft picks -- trading their sixth to move up seven spots to select Sepulveda in the fourth round -- to get someone to run down under punts and make tackles.

They want Sepulveda to revive their punting game, something that has slipped the past two seasons as 37-year-old Chris Gardocki, while never having one blocked, could not do it forever.

"With Chris getting up there in age a little bit, we had to start looking for another young guy," said Kevin Colbert, the Steelers' director of football operations. "[Sepulveda] certainly has the credentials that we were looking for. He's been one of the leading punters in the nation -- a big, strong, physical guy."

The Steelers have not released Gardocki, but they will, perhaps after whatever back injury that kept him from kicking at minicamp heals. Mike Barr probably will make his fourth consecutive trip to Steelers training camp and leave it the way he did the previous four, on the waiver wire.

Unless Sepulveda is hurt, he'll be the Steelers punter for years. He is their highest pick at the position since they drafted Craig Colquitt in 1978 in the third round. He's the first two-time winner of the Ray Guy Award as college football's best punter, and he has the potential of the former Oakland Raiders' great who annually has been a Hall of Fame finalist.

Sepulveda, who kicks with his left leg, averaged 46.5 yards per punt last season and averaged 45.24 in four years for Baylor, the best of anyone ever with more than 50 career punts. He had 94 punts of 50 yards or more. Last season, 26 of his 66 punts wound up inside the 20, nearly 40 percent.

The Steelers credit part of the last statistic to something they call the "Aussie Roll," which is not made from wheat but developed by punters in Australian Football. It's a kick used in closer quarters that goes end over end and bounces backward, like putting spin on a wedge shot to the green.

"It rolls back to you in the field of play instead of hitting and rolling into the end zone," said Bob Ligashesky, the Steelers' new special teams coach. "He usually does it from the plus-45 and going in."

Sepulveda's father, Carlos, was an all-Texas punter in high school, but it wasn't until college that Daniel took to it after punting in grade school. A former high school quarterback, he went to Baylor to play linebacker without a scholarship. Twice rejected by the special teams coach to punt, he fooled around with it on his own after practice one day and caught everyone's attention.

He wound up competing with a punter on scholarship.

"Eventually, I got my foot in the door and got the opportunity to kick heads-up with this guy in practice one day," Sepulveda said at the combine workouts at Indianapolis in February. "I hit a good one, and it was clear that I was better than him."

It has been clear ever since that he is better than virtually any college punter other than perhaps Maryland's Adam Podlesh, drafted by Jacksonville earlier in the fourth round Sunday.

The only thing that might stop Sepulveda is an injury, and even that could not stop him last year. The ACL in his right knee was torn while he played pickup basketball at Easter break. He had surgery April 27 and punted against his parents' and doctor's wishes in Baylor's first game, Sept. 3.

"My parents were saying no," Sepulveda said. "The doctor said I should probably wait a couple more weeks. We ended up pulling the trigger, and it worked out for us."

He punts like Ray Guy, tackles like Jack Lambert, heals like Rod Woodson. If you're going to throw away two draft picks for a punter, make it a good one.

Preacher
05-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Man... I can't wait to see this kid punt...

I keep thinking to myself... the more I learn of this pick, the more I like... then I realize that is true of all the picks...

Hmmm.. Maybe this wasn't such a bad draft after all people!!!!:hunch:

MasterOfPuppets
05-02-2007, 03:08 AM

I keep thinking to myself... the more I learn of this pick, the more I like... then I realize that is true of all the picks...

actually preacher,i'm hoping to not see him punt.

Mosca
05-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Preach, most pundits give the Steelers a B; Zimmerman, King, Easterbrook, et al. The worst knock I've heard is that Timmons was helped a lot by FSU's defensive scheme, and he may not be able to cover; but I don't think covering is what we got him for.

I like it. I like this guy. Field position killed us last year, and in every game we lost the year before. Sepulveda can give our defense an extra set of downs on many possessions; he'll give our speed guys an extra 10 yards to catch a breakaway. We can start our opponents on the 5 yard lie instead of the 20. The difference, assuming he can get it done, is not minimal.

Tom

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Preach, most pundits give the Steelers a B; Zimmerman, King, Easterbrook, et al. The worst knock I've heard is that Timmons was helped a lot by FSU's defensive scheme, and he may not be able to cover; but I don't think covering is what we got him for.

I like it. I like this guy. Field position killed us last year, and in every game we lost the year before. Sepulveda can give our defense an extra set of downs on many possessions; he'll give our speed guys an extra 10 yards to catch a breakaway. We can start our opponents on the 5 yard lie instead of the 20. The difference, assuming he can get it done, is not minimal.

Tom

My thoughts exactly Mosca.....the fact that he will be one of the few Punters in the league that can put a lick on an opponant is frosting on the cake.