PDA

View Full Version : Which team did the best...

tony hipchest
04-29-2007, 06:37 PM
...and did the most to help themselves with the draft?

i gotta go with carolina. thers alot of players they drafted i'd of like to see as steelers.

raiders did real well. russell, higgens, and bush could be around for years. higgens is the poor mans ted ginn, and will help with the loss of moss (the return of james jett?). bush could be the best rb theyve had since bo jackson.

i think the cardianals did pretty good too, but not quite on the level of the panthers and raiders.

sf and definitely the browns did well but using next years picks is cheating. anyone can have a great draft if theyre willing to use next years picks.

Jeremy
04-29-2007, 06:46 PM
The Cards are going to stink again this season. It doesn't matter who they draft because the organization is a losing one. Always has been and always will be.

boLT fan
04-29-2007, 06:46 PM
sigh... Raiders.

Russel is a franchise QB and Bush is just like Frank Gore. If they would've taken a couple better o-lineman it would've been perfect.

And second place.. Chargers. Oh ya, I said it.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 07:01 PM
sigh... Raiders.

Russel is a franchise QB and Bush is just like Frank Gore. If they would've taken a couple better o-lineman it would've been perfect.

Eric Weddle is a player thats for sure. The Chargers gave up alot of picks to the Bears to move up to draft Weddle but that guy is going to be a player.

tony hipchest
04-29-2007, 07:02 PM
The Cards are going to stink again this season. It doesn't matter who they draft because the organization is a losing one. Always has been and always will be.
so you think the cardinals had the best draft?

TH- carolina
Jeremy- cardinals
boLTfan- oakland

i forget what wr help the chargers got, but thought weddle was an excellent pick. trading up for him didnt hurt much cause there arent many roster spots to be earned on that team.

boLT fan
04-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Eric Weddle is a player thats for sure. The Chargers gave up alot of picks to the Bears to move up to draft Weddle but that guy is going to be a player.

It wasn't really as much as people thought. We had 2 3rds and 2 5ths so we didn't lose a whole lot.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 07:09 PM
I thought Coach Whisenhunt had a very good draft. I thought he reached for Levi Brown but he will be their RT thats for sure. Remember they have a lefthanded QB. I thought Branch was a good pick in the second. Sure he needs a fire lit under his butt didn't live up to his potential at Michigan but he still had first round talent.

I thought Buster Davis was a good pick in the 3rd round.

I loved the Steve Breaston pick. That was my guy at Michigan, he will be their return guy thats for sure. Plus gives them another good WR for depth.

I think Ben Patrick could be the steal of the draft. He was rated a top five TE and drafted in a 7th round.

I like what the Cards did alot.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 07:10 PM
It wasn't really as much as people thought. We had 2 3rds and 2 5ths so we didn't lose a whole lot.

Dude I wasn't taking anything away from the Chargers. They got a real player and its clear he was their man in the 2nd round. I like Weddle alot and he will upgrade the Chargers secondary thats for sure.:thumbsup:

silver & black
04-29-2007, 07:15 PM
sigh... Raiders.

I'm happy with our draft, for sure. I wish we would have taken a DT somewhere, but I'm not complaining.

Tony is right about Cleveland, but they did real well for themselves.

silver & black
04-29-2007, 07:17 PM
I thought Coach Whisenhunt had a very good draft. I thought he reached for Levi Brown but he will be their RT thats for sure. Remember they have a lefthanded QB. I thought Branch was a good pick in the second. Sure he needs a fire lit under his butt didn't live up to his potential at Michigan but he still had first round talent.

I thought Buster Davis was a good pick in the 3rd round.

I loved the Steve Breaston pick. That was my guy at Michigan, he will be their return guy thats for sure. Plus gives them another good WR for depth.

I think Ben Patrick could be the steal of the draft. He was rated a top five TE and drafted in a 7th round.

I like what the Cards did alot.

I think the Raiders got the steal of the draft with Bush in the 4th.

tony hipchest
04-29-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm happy with our draft, for sure. I wish we would have taken a DT somewhere, but I'm not complaining.

Tony is right about Cleveland, but they did real well for themselves.2 1st day players from UTEP, 2 years in a row. if mark price wasnt there i doubt they would have that going for them. we have our own UTEP guy... lee mays. i think higgens should translate into a much better pro. if you guys get similiar or better production than from rocket ismail or james jett you will be doing fine with that pick.

what i like is the raiders really didnt reach for anyone but let good prospects with much upside fall to them. i wanted that 1st round pick in the 4th in the worst way. i just didnt think it would be the raiders to pick bush. bang or bust. no balls, no glory.

boLT fan
04-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Dude I wasn't taking anything away from the Chargers. They got a real player and its clear he was their man in the 2nd round. I like Weddle alot and he will upgrade the Chargers secondary thats for sure.:thumbsup:

Oh, I know, i'm just saying. Most people are thinking it's a huge deal but we didn't lose much at all. And a trained monkey could improve our secondary at this point. :sofunny:

100% agree. Although... there is Brandon Siler who was projected to go in the third/fourth but got drafted by the Chargers in the seventh.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 07:22 PM

Yes Michael Bush could be a steal thats for sure. I thought he was top 10 talent before his leg injury. I like what the Raiders did overall. I thought alot of solid moves for the Da Raiders.

You needed a young franchise QB and Russell gives you that. You needed to ditch Moss since he really didn't want to be there anymore. It sucks you only got a 4th for him but something is better then nothing.

I thought Zach Miller was a good pick in the 2nd round.

Did you guys also draft Johnnie Lee Higgins? Good pick as well. Sorry if I missed anyone its just there is alot of names going through my head with all the new additons to the teams.

silver & black
04-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Yes Michael Bush could be a steal thats for sure. I thought he was top 10 talent before his leg injury. I like what the Raiders did overall. I thought alot of solid moves for the Da Raiders.

You needed a young franchise QB and Russell gives you that. You needed to ditch Moss since he really didn't want to be there anymore. It sucks you only got a 4th for him but something is better then nothing.

I thought Zach Miller was a good pick in the 2nd round.

Did you guys also draft Johnnie Lee Higgins? Good pick as well. Sorry if I missed anyone its just there is alot of names going through my head with all the new additons to the teams.

Yea, we got Higgins. We also got Mike Williams with the trade for McCown. Maybe Kiffin can get him back to form.

I was pumped when we took Miller... TE was a need.

I would have taken a few used kicking tees for Moss... anything we got was better than keeping him... addition by subtraction.

Elvis
04-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeh.. I am proud of the Lowly Raiders.:flap: They did a nice job the last 2 days, now to see if they can do anything with them.
I believe the Browns done an Awesome job, gettin' OT and QB in the 1st round was the best they could have ever asked for... The Cards also done well but i aint gonna give them any credit until they actually win something this year..
:tt02: :helmet: :tt02:

tony hipchest
04-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I would have taken a few used kicking tees for Moss...:toofunny:

bush has b. jackson or j. bettis upside. and e. weddle is a smaller brian urlacher. both could be great or both could fizzle out. its not the steelers who have that type of hope going into next season. then again we are still a little more than a year removed from the podium hoising that lombardi so i cant say wee need too much hope. tomlin seems to think we got a majority of the parts in place, i just wish we woulda taken a gamble in the past 2-3 years, rather than playing it so safe.

i always follow players i wish the steelers woulda/coulda taken, so i will be watching weddle, higgens, and bush with a close eye.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Yea, we got Higgins. We also got Mike Williams with the trade for McCown. Maybe Kiffin can get him back to form.

I was pumped when we took Miller... TE was a need.

I would have taken a few used kicking tees for Moss... anything we got was better than keeping him... addition by subtraction.

I knew you traded for Williams and McCown. Yea Mike Williams needed a change and he still has talent. Hey Lane Kiffin knows Mike Williams so yes that could do him alot of good. I would imagine McCown would start until Russell is ready.

I totally agree about Randy Moss. He needed to be gone.

Godfather
04-29-2007, 07:50 PM
so you think the cardinals had the best draft?

TH- carolina
Jeremy- cardinals
boLTfan- oakland

i forget what wr help the chargers got, but thought weddle was an excellent pick. trading up for him didnt hurt much cause there arent many roster spots to be earned on that team.

Chargers got Craig Davis from LSU in the first round. Definitely a good pick.

silver & black
04-29-2007, 07:52 PM
:toofunny:

bush has b. jackson or j. bettis upside. and e. weddle is a smaller brian urlacher. both could be great or both could fizzle out. its not the steelers who have that type of hope going into next season. then again we are still a little more than a year removed from the podium hoising that lombardi so i cant say wee need too much hope. tomlin seems to think we got a majority of the parts in place, i just wish we woulda taken a gamble in the past 2-3 years, rather than playing it so safe.

i always follow players i wish the steelers woulda/coulda taken, so i will be watching weddle, higgens, and bush with a close eye.

The Steelers are still a good team. The unfortunate situations with Ben didn't do them any favors last year.

I like your new coach. I think he will be a good one. I look for the Steelers to make the playoffs this year, last year was, well... what it was.

SteelCzar76
04-29-2007, 07:53 PM
I'd have to say the Raiders. Though i was impressed by Atlanta, Carolina and the Niners Drafts.
I was also duely impressed with the Browns being able to land both Thomas and Quinn. (Yeah they're the Clowns,...but i gotta give credit where it's due)

Godfather
04-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Raiders would be up there. They need someone to protect their new franchise QB, but they got a great QB, a RB who could help them a lot once he recovers from the injury, a couple of good targets, AND they got rid of Randy Moss.

Clowns also did well--they got two players who were rated as top 5 picks and Quinn came at a bargain price.

Chargers did well because they don't need much and got two very good players.

Preacher
04-29-2007, 07:57 PM

Yep...

and the best thing you all did for yourselves...is get rid of Moss.

polamalufan43
04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Either the Raiders or the Panthers...but for the sake of picking I'll go with Raiders....:yawn:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Livinginthe past
04-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Oakland, Carolina and Cleveland and Arizona take the honors this year.

Miami was a real puzzler, though I hear good things about RB Booker.

Jeremy
04-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Booker has all the tools, but he's kind of a head case.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Booker has all the tools, but he's kind of a head case.

Yeah?

A head case how?

Jeremy
04-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah?

A head case how?

Here's a good example. The night Reggie Bush won the Heisman, Booker says he ran around his apartment complex yelling because he knew he was as talented as Bush, he just never put it all togther.

He was more highly regarded than Bush in high school, but he watched USC get waxed by Utah in the Las Vegas bowl his senior year of high school and passed on them for FSU.

Livinginthe past
04-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Here's a good example. The night Reggie Bush won the Heisman, Booker says he ran around his apartment complex yelling because he knew he was as talented as Bush, he just never put it all togther.

He was more highly regarded than Bush in high school, but he watched USC get waxed by Utah in the Las Vegas bowl his senior year of high school and passed on them for FSU.

Ha ha.

That does sound kinda nuts.

Still, at least he can console himself with getting drafted ahead of his arch-nemesis.