PDA

View Full Version : I'm tellin' ya.....these people are weirdos........

stillers4me
04-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Bill Cowher Auctions Off Items He Left Behind When Retiring To N.C.

POSTED: 12:55 pm CDT April 29, 2007
UPDATED: 1:01 pm CDT April 29, 2007

PITTSBURGH -- Bargain hunters, vengeful Cincinnati Bengals fans and those curious about the lifestyle of former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher bid on furniture and other items he left behind when he retired to North Carolina.

About 100 people showed up at Dargate Auction Galleries LLC in Pittsburgh on Saturday, and another 1,400 or so submitted bids online or by phone. The Cowher auction drew about 30 percent more bidders than the average auction, said Dargate manager Ed Gills.

Perhaps the most curious bid was $550 for a glass ice bucket, something Gill said might be worth $30. One Bengals fan told auctioneers that he planned to break the bucket on live TV in Cincinnati. The identity of the winning bidder was not revealed, but Gills said some Bengals fans noted the item at an auction preview.

"We had several people at the preview who said that's what they wanted to do with it," Gills said.

Julie Carmody of Sewickley, a Pittsburgh suburb, paid $425 for an eight-piece bedroom set that once belonged to Cowher's daughters. While the novelty of buying the former coach's furniture attracted her, she bought the bedroom set because she liked it.

"It was a good deal," Carmody told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "It's also kind of exhilarating to make bids."

polamalufan43
04-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Wow.... you hate us Steeler fans that much???:blah:

Go ahead and break it, but don't blame anyone when the Bungals lose and you're getting chased by steeler fans when they see you break something of Cowher's...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Preacher
04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey... I got a bridge in the desert that was left by Cowher when he retired...

stupid bungle fans.

polamalufan43
04-29-2007, 08:29 PM
stupid bungle fans.

Couldn't of summed it up better myself...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

touchdownward
04-29-2007, 09:32 PM
It appears as though the Cowher tatoo doesn't wear off so easily for bungle fans.
He's gone and they still hate him. :sofunny:

Jeremy
04-29-2007, 09:33 PM
The Cubs fan who bought the Bartman ball blew it up on live tv. Some fans are flat out nuts.

tony hipchest
04-29-2007, 11:15 PM
:dang: i really wanted a few of them area rugs since i just tiled my house. too bad that they woulda cost more to ship than to buy. there were some nice limited lithographs too that woulda been cool to own for novelties sake.

onthebus36
04-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Because it has worked so well for the Bungles to mock their opponents...

Last season, Housyermamma mocks the Denver fans by doing a Mile High Salute and they follow up by missing the extra point.

And we all know what happened when he cleaned his cleats with a TT. :tt02:

Karma is a bitch.