PDA

View Full Version : keyshawn johnson cut by panthers

tony hipchest
05-01-2007, 03:32 PM
thrown out like a used Trojan.

how long before the patriots sign him?

Jeremy
05-01-2007, 03:33 PM
After all that talk about the Panthers and his enthusiasm for Dewayne Jarrett.

The guy has to feel kind of betrayed.

tony hipchest
05-01-2007, 03:39 PM
After all that talk about the Panthers and his enthusiasm for Dewayne Jarrett.

The guy has to feel kind of betrayed.

:chuckle: thats what i was thinking. he has always said carolina was his last stop. but he was also mulling retirement cause as he said, he dont put in all that work to be 8-8. while it seemed he was definitely leaning towards playing more, i guess the panthers made the decision for him.

Edman
05-01-2007, 03:49 PM
:sofunny: Talk about having egg on your face.

After all that enthusiasm he exhumed during the draft about how he's so happy to work with Jarrett when the Panthers selected him. Little did he know, Jarrett was his replacement. An old USC Trojan is shown the door while a new Trojan takes his place.

Now that is irony!

polamalufan43
05-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Wow...I'd feel betrayed... and angry....

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

onthebus36
05-01-2007, 04:08 PM
I'd be hurt too but I imagine the $3M he just got will help soothe the pain.

TackleMeBen
05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
talk about your slap in the face!

Livinginthe past
05-01-2007, 04:31 PM
I rermember reading or hearing (its all a blur) that Johnson was kidding himself into thinking he wouldn't be cut.

From what I could tell the writing was clearly on the wall - even more so, due to the fact Jarrett sounds like a younger version of himself, and Keyshawn was basically putting his fingers in his ears and shouting 'la-la-la-la-la....if I pretend its not happening it wont happen....la-la-la-la-la'

Preacher
05-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Okay....

Bets everyone...

How long before Keyshawn is in a Raiders' uniform?

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Okay....

Bets everyone...

How long before Keyshawn is in a Raiders' uniform?

I'M THINKIN SKINS..

SteelCityMan786
05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
thrown out like a used Trojan.

how long before the patriots sign him?

I'll give it a week. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
05-01-2007, 06:23 PM
of course there is lots of speculation where he may go or who needs him, but he is a smart business man and i dont think he will play for league minimum.

suprisingly i havent heard anyone make the tomlin- keyshawn connection, being that they both won a sb in tampa bay. i wonder if there was a relationship there?

for the same money, i cant say c. wilson is any better than keyshawn and the 70 catches he put up last year.

fansince'76
05-01-2007, 06:25 PM
of course there is lots of speculation where he may go or who needs him, but he is a smart business man and i dont think he will play for league minimum.

suprisingly i havent heard anyone make the tomlin- keyshawn connection, being that they both won a sb in tampa bay. i wonder if there was a relationship there?

for the same money, i cant say c. wilson is any better than keyshawn and the 70 catches he put up last year.

Oh, please, good God, NO!!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-01-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't want Meshawn in Pittsburgh,we are just fine without him.

However,I can see him ending up in Green Bay.The fans there are pissed that the FO didn't draft a reciever (be it Jarret,Meachem,Smith,Gonzalez,Olsen) or trade for Moss to give Favre another weapon to throw to...so signing KJ would appease the fans for the most part.

verks36
05-01-2007, 09:35 PM
wow that is funny

he talks about all that stuff on the draft and then they cut him ha

ben2hines=6
05-01-2007, 11:43 PM
the rooneys would never sign someone like keyshawn.......but to the earlier comment about keyshawn to the raiders....4days

tony hipchest
05-02-2007, 12:15 AM
the rooneys would never sign someone like keyshawn.......but to the earlier comment about keyshawn to the raiders....4days the rooneys arent ALWAYS right. passing on dan marino did us fans no favor and robbed dan of winning a championship[s] infront of his hometown crowd.

Crushzilla
05-02-2007, 09:18 AM
I think the Green Bay option that RoethlisBURGHer suggested sounds like a win-win for both sides.

Maybe he SHOULDN'T have passed when Hayden Fox's Orlando Breakers wanted to draft him 1st overall...

If anyone remembers that...

05-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Per SI.com the four teams that have already shown interest are Eagles, Chargers, Giants, and Titans. No suprise that the Steelers are not one of the four. Normally I would not want anything to do with Key, but he has mellowed with age, and still was productive last year at age 34. If he would come cheap, and mentor some of our young receivers, I would not be opposed to his signing. I know one thing, if I had the choice between Keyshawn Johnson, and Cedric Wilson at a similar price tag, I'm taking Keyshawn everyday of the week, twice on Sunday.