PDA

View Full Version : Price takes one-year deal with Cowboys

Koopa
09-03-2005, 05:40 PM
IRVING, Texas (AP) - Receiver Peerless Price decided Saturday to join the Dallas Cowboys, primarily because of the chance to be reunited with quarterback Drew Bledsoe.

Price signed a one-year deal, giving him a chance to become a free agent again next season when he'll have more time to look around. He landed on the market this week after being cut by Atlanta and teams wanted him to make his choice by the 5 p.m. Saturday roster deadline.

After visiting with Miami, New England, Dallas and the Saints, Price picked the Cowboys because he liked the idea of again catching passes from Bledsoe while being in a receiving corps that also features Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Pro Bowl tight end Jason Witten and Patrick Crayton, a promising second-year player coming off a strong preseason.

"Drew and Peerless had a relationship and that's what it came down to," agent Tim McGee said.

Price had his best season in 2002, his only year with Bledsoe in Buffalo. Price then parlayed his 1,252-yard, 94-catch season into a $37 million, seven-year contract with Atlanta, but never lived up to expectations.

Bledsoe vouched for Price to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Bill Parcells. They also heard rave reviews from players who'd tried covering him.

"I think he does have quickness," Parcells said Friday. "I think he is receptive to coaching and he has been productive in the league."

McGee said Price became less important to the Falcons because his role changed when a new coaching staff switched offenses. He knows the Cowboys are set in their ways under coach Bill Parcells.

"It's not just Drew and Peerless connecting," McGee added. "Please make sure this is clear: It was Drew selling Peerless on the combination of him, Keyshawn, Terry and (Crayton)."

A lot of receivers and only one ball can sometimes cause a problem. McGee said it won't because Price is focused on wins not catches.

"Put it this way - you got four guys and how many Super Bowls have they been to? One. I think it comes down to sacrifice," said McGee, himself a former NFL receiver.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4836324

SteelR1
09-03-2005, 06:17 PM
He should do alright in Dallas. He seems to fit into that program....

Koopa
09-03-2005, 07:55 PM
he'll be their third wrs cause he won't take over keyshawn or terry glenns spot, but he's a big upgrade to what they have right now (pratrick crayton). but even though he is an upgrade he won't have a big year cause they are going to be running the shit out of the ball with julius jones.

LambertIsGod58
09-04-2005, 09:27 AM
If Dallas can get their "D" in check, they might be a team to contend with in the NFC.

clevestinks
09-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Price is a good pick up for D, they should be in good shape with Jones at rb

BB2W
09-04-2005, 05:14 PM
WR Peerless Price's contract with the Cowboys is worth $2 million for one year, including $500,000 in incentives.

Koopa
09-04-2005, 06:41 PM
well that's good money for a guy that will be the third option unless keyshawn or terry glenn breaks themselves.

Blitzburgh55
09-04-2005, 07:52 PM
i think the cowboys will get a wildcard spot

Koopa
09-04-2005, 08:39 PM
i don't know, i'm stuck watching them every week and they can get thrown on easily. the stop the run but i think they going to be getting light up through the air. also they don't have a kicker and in tight games they are going to need a kicker they can count on, right now they have tommy maddox old xfl team mate jose cortez as their starting kicker. they'll come in second in the division but wild card i doubt they'll get.

SteelZeal
09-05-2005, 12:06 AM
the stop the run but i think they going to be getting light up through the air.

Yeah, what's the deal with Terrence Newman? Dude was great in college. Last year he had some good games and some horrible games. He needs to be more consistent.

And Julius Jones is the man.

Oh, yeah, Peerless Price. That's what this was all about. He'll have to prove he's more than hot garbage, which is all people really think of him as now. He can't do any worse than he did in ATL; at least Vick isn't throwing to him anymore.

Koopa
09-05-2005, 12:59 AM
well newman didn't have no support last year and he's looked good in the preseason, and i don't think price will do all that good in dallas, parcells will be to hard of a coach for him to be around, if he makes one mistake he might not get back on the field for 3 weeks. and bledsoe still holds on to the ball to long and will end up getting his wrs killed like vinny did to poor poor keyshawn last year (that's one thing i like about keyshawn he don't care if he gets hit) i doubt price will take those hits, and he won't get that many touches being the third option. he's just gonna be collecting free money from two organizations.