PDA

View Full Version : NEW STEELERS PLAYERS

coachspeak33
05-02-2007, 01:42 PM
any idea what numbers the steelers draft picks will be wearing

vloddie
05-02-2007, 02:18 PM
The numbers for all of the new players are listed on steelers.com, under the roster section.
I did notice that they gave Woodley #55, which I find highly disrespectful to Joey for all the memories and effort he has given this team. I just don't agree with the move to let a rookie wear that number when Porter is not even a season removed.

9 Sepulveda, Daniel
55 Woodley, LaMarr
94 Timmons, Lawrence
89 Spaeth, Matt
69 McBean, Ryan
65 Stephenson, Cameron
22 Gay, William
67 Capizzi, Jason
48 Boyd, Cody
13 Deslauriers, Eric
81 Baker, Dallas
33 Russell, Gary
82 Fowler, Eric
14 Jackson, Chris
67 Jones, Derrick
40 Mosley, Paul
64 Retkofsky, Jared
46 Robbins, Aaron
61 Stapleton, Darnell

stlrtruck
05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
How is it disrespectful to give away his number? There have been greater players whose numbers have been worn by others less worthy of wearing such numbers but they do. Peezy is just another in a long list.

DACEB
05-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Must not be finalized yet because there are duplicate numbers. Sort by number and you will see doubles.

fansince'76
05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
How is it disrespectful to give away his number? There have been greater players whose numbers have been worn by others less worthy of wearing such numbers but they do.

Agreed - an UDFA getting Stallworth's number, for instance.

ChronoCross
05-02-2007, 03:24 PM
IF the team does not retire the number.. its not hurting a single person.. it is out here to wear.

steelersfanman92
05-02-2007, 03:49 PM
It is just a number it really is not that big of a deal

Stlrs4Life
05-02-2007, 05:21 PM
How is it disrespectful to give away his number? There have been greater players whose numbers have been worn by others less worthy of wearing such numbers but they do. Peezy is just another in a long list.

I hear ya. It's not Porters number here anymore. He went his way FA, he didn't even retire here.

They always give out duplicate numbers, after camp, and if they make the team, they then get there number.

Dynasty
05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
aren't a lot of those numbers the ones that the players wore in college? After camp, I'm sure the numbers will work out right.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
05-03-2007, 12:13 AM
how would you like to get mcbean's #? talk about disrespect...

(that was a joke for those who just picked up a rock...)

Edman
05-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Joey isn't special. He's not a Steeler anymore, and they gave away his former numbe to a rookie. It's not disrespectful in the slightest.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-03-2007, 11:50 AM
The numbers for all of the new players are listed on steelers.com, under the roster section.
I did notice that they gave Woodley #55, which I find highly disrespectful to Joey for all the memories and effort he has given this team. I just don't agree with the move to let a rookie wear that number when Porter is not even a season removed.

Its not disrespectful.........
Joey is a Dolphin not a Steelers........He played great but now hes the enemy...........still love him...........but hes the enemy.....

I cant wait until we play the Dolphins though.........I want to see what Joey thinks about someone wearing his 55???????????

tony hipchest
05-03-2007, 12:57 PM
I cant wait until we play the Dolphins though.........I want to see what Joey thinks about someone wearing his 55???????????well he wont be getting all sentimental.

joey smacktalk + a rookie in his old jersey = "huckleberry"

as joey strolls the field during warm ups it will go something like this:

"hey rookie! hey boy! you aint me! you dont deserve to wear that jersey. you look like a damn fsu clown. you better take my jersey off! i dont want you getting the back of my jersey all dirty, rookie. especially in my house. see those fans? *points to the crowd* those are my fans. you aint dont shit and you aint gonna do shit! they dont love you, they love ME!"

thats when potsie and hines will come over and tell timmons to ignore him and tell porter to STFU. theyll laugh a bit and jaw and then go play the game. no biggie.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-03-2007, 03:01 PM
well he wont be getting all sentimental.

joey smacktalk + a rookie in his old jersey = "huckleberry"

as joey strolls the field during warm ups it will go something like this:

"hey rookie! hey boy! you aint me! you dont deserve to wear that jersey. you look like a damn fsu clown. you better take my jersey off! i dont want you getting the back of my jersey all dirty, rookie. especially in my house. see those fans? *points to the crowd* those are my fans. you aint dont shit and you aint gonna do shit! they dont love you, they love ME!"

thats when potsie and hines will come over and tell timmons to ignore him and tell porter to STFU. theyll laugh a bit and jaw and then go play the game. no biggie.

To which Woodley should reply..."I done threw the Metamusil & Depends out of your locker Joey! Time to turn the page Rip Van Winkle!!...The Steelers wanted someone who would do more than gargle at the fountain of football wisdom!!! You know what #55 stands for?...If we were on the same team.... its how many seconds would be left in the game when you would get to play!!!" :flap:

DACEB
05-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I love it!!! Your killing me!!

Steelerstrength
05-03-2007, 08:24 PM
how would you like to get mcbean's #? talk about disrespect...

(that was a joke for those who just picked up a rock...)

Mcbean has the best number!! I've been wearing that number on my authentic for many years, with my own last name. That's my number!

If you don't like 69 then you must be a virgin!:sofunny: :cheers:

tony hipchest
05-03-2007, 08:41 PM
To which Woodley should reply..."I done threw the Metamusil & Depends out of your locker Joey! Time to turn the page Rip Van Winkle!!...The Steelers wanted someone who would do more than gargle at the fountain of football wisdom!!! You know what #55 stands for?...If we were on the same team.... its how many seconds would be left in the game when you would get to play!!!" :flap: :chuckle:

"what punk? you dont want none of this. *rolls up shirt and flexes bicep*

you had to clear out my locker for a bag of Huggies and your rubber ducky collection! :binky: did they install a bathtub in there with a box of mr. bubbles for you? they gave you my number, they might as well have done that, too. #55 is how many seconds into a game it'd take me to bitchslap you back into place rook!" now sit down! i gotta get ready to START a game."

ChronoCross
05-03-2007, 08:50 PM
:chuckle:

"what punk? you dont want none of this. *rolls up shirt and flexes bicep*

you had to clear out my locker for a bag of Huggies and your rubber ducky collection! :binky: did they install a bathtub in there with a box of mr. bubbles for you? they gave you my number, they might as well have done that, too. #55 is how many seconds into a game it'd take me to bitchslap you back into place rook!" now sit down! i gotta get ready to START a game."

Tony stop scarring us with that huge bicep.. I recommend you do not try and pick up some cheese.

http://j.b5z.net/i/u/2021898/i/betty_flex490.JPG

Preacher
05-03-2007, 08:53 PM
I just want to know how they can disrespect a great player by giving Santonio Holmes his number?????

(waiting for the reply!)

ChronoCross
05-03-2007, 08:59 PM
I just want to know how they can disrespect a great player by giving Santonio Holmes his number?????

(waiting for the reply!)

http://www.thepartyshop.com/Commerce/images/1991%20The%20Big%20Cheese.JPG

noto45
05-03-2007, 09:34 PM
all the numbers are fair game...

Justin Otstott
05-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I like the players we drafted this year, and yea who cares about a number?!?

Florida_Steelers_Fan
05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Mcbean has the best number!! I've been wearing that number on my authentic for many years, with my own last name. That's my number!

If you don't like 69 then you must be a virgin!:sofunny: :cheers:

married with 4 kids...i'm not an idiot. :hug: