PDA

View Full Version : 11 months later-ESPN Article

Buzz05
05-02-2007, 02:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2849206&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

Not a bad article. They say though that everyone knew the lady's name. That was the first I had heard of it. I feel sorry for her that she had to go through all that.

At the same time it makes you realize just how strong Ben is and what his mindset is.

Jeremy
05-02-2007, 03:10 PM
E$PN stinks.

Edman
05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
I have just a few things to say...

Ben is safe and alive, the lady is fine, the people who threatened her are a-holes who should be shot, Ben made a mistake, no more motorcycle, Ben isn't dead and is coming along nicely, So sorry this happened. Let it die. It's over.

I'm sorry, but ths thread is bringng back bad memories.

nicesteel4life
05-02-2007, 04:21 PM
That just shows how low ESPN will go to make a story and a few bucks...Let it rest, its over! IDIOTS!

Stlrs4Life
05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
We will hear about this forever.

Atlanta Dan
05-02-2007, 05:15 PM
If you believe Ben's comments in the story, it was the appendectomy and not the crash that set him back in 2006 - rationalization and denial are powerful defense mechanisms but not well suited to forcing someone to be be truthful.

I thought maybe because it was the 1st anniversary of the crash that this story was written but not so (the crash was June 12), which makes the story more or less pointless.

As an earlier post said, time to move on.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-02-2007, 05:55 PM
The thing is the Steelers,thier fans,and Ben will never live this down.Fans from everywhere will bring this up when talking smack...even Browns fans who all have THA EVIL KINEVIL SOULJA on thier beloved team.

Jeremy
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I Still say E$PN stinks.

TackleMeBen
05-02-2007, 08:51 PM
The thing is the Steelers,thier fans,and Ben will never live this down.Fans from everywhere will bring this up when talking smack...even Browns fans who all have THA EVIL KINEVIL SOULJA on thier beloved team.

At least Ben was actually riding his motorcycle to work and not jumping curbs in the parking lot like a certain browns player ( i am not mentioning any names............ kellon winslow jr) :flap:

FastWillieParker39
05-07-2007, 06:49 PM
What I thought was interesting was in one of the picture captions it says "Whipple has seen the rise and the fall of Roethlisberger."

Uhh "the fall?" He had one bad year because of unfortuante circumstances. Jeez its not like he has had a string of bad years.

Ben will be back ESPN, don't worry.