PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where Palko is?

steelersfanman92
05-02-2007, 02:53 PM
I can't find out where Tyler Palko, QB from Pitt is, if he got signed or not if so what team?

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2007, 02:55 PM
New Orleans Saints.

steelersfanman92
05-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks

Your welcome. He has a legitimate shot at making the team. After Brees, it's Jason Fife and Jamie Martin.

steelersfanman92
05-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Yea, I loved watching him at Pitt, his attitude that nobody can stop him and him not being afraid to take a hit was great

Jeremy
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Your welcome. He has a legitimate shot at making the team. After Brees, it's Jason Fife and Jamie Martin.

He has a better chance of a career as a safety.

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2007, 06:56 PM
He has a better chance of a career as a safety.

I'm not stating the guy is going to be the next freakin' Joe Montana, but looking at the backups in New Orleans I'm simply stating he has a chance.

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Yea, I loved watching him at Pitt, his attitude that nobody can stop him and him not being afraid to take a hit was great

Yeah, I enjoyed that part of his game, but his decision making at times was absolutely puzzling. Maybe the coaching staff in New Orleans can help him out and make him a future #2 or #3. Eitherway I wish the local kid the best.

Jeremy
05-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm not stating the guy is going to be the next freakin' Joe Montana, but looking at the backups in New Orleans I'm simply stating he has a chance.

He was one of the most sought after safety recruits in the country coming out of high school. If he had stayed at safety in college, most NFL types think he could have been a Top 10 pick. So it could be in his best interests to go to safety instead of spending a career as an NFL backup.

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2007, 07:01 PM
He was one of the most sought after safety recruits in the country coming out of high school. If he had stayed at safety in college, most NFL types think he could have been a Top 10 pick. So it could be in his best interests to go to safety instead of spending a career as an NFL backup.

After playing his whole college career at QB I strongly doubt he's going to drop back to safety, but you never know.

verks36
05-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Truthfully i dont think palko will make the team maybe the practice squad

Jeremy
05-02-2007, 07:41 PM
After playing his whole college career at QB I strongly doubt he's going to drop back to safety, but you never know.

Why not? It wouldn't be the first time a guy has changed positions.

steelersfanman92
05-11-2007, 07:20 PM
it is just such a big switch adn after playing the pasat 4 years at QB I just dont know

rbryan
05-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I see him having a career kinda like Cavanaugh. Career backup with a few chances along the way. I don't know about him at safety.

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Why not? It wouldn't be the first time a guy has changed positions.

As I posted, I'm not completely ruling out the possibility but I don't see it happening. Jumping from QB to safety is not exactly the easiest jump position. I'm just not aware of many NFL QB's who have played four years of college ball at QB and then switched to safety. If I see Palko playing the safety position in the next 2 or 3 years I'll eat my crow...lol.

Stlrs4Life
05-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Truthfully i dont think palko will make the team maybe the practice squad

He will not even make the practice squad.

83-Steelers-43
08-27-2007, 09:43 AM

Some interesting and I would have to believe welcoming news for Tyler Palko....

Reserve quarterback Jason Fife, linebacker Desmond Sims, cornerback Joe Porter and wide receiver Aaron Hosack were cut, meaning head coach Sean Payton had three more cuts to make by Tuesday, the deadline to trim NFL rosters to 75.

He's hanging in there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2992278

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2007, 10:33 AM
I can't find out where Tyler Palko, QB from Pitt is, if he got signed or not if so what team?

Hiding from Posluszny's wrath.

zoneblitz43
09-01-2007, 10:29 AM
I like Palko, I thought he played well despite the picks. I wish we would have picked him up and cut BSP, he looks like he would make a good 3rd stringer.

83-Steelers-43
09-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I like Palko, I thought he played well despite the picks. I wish we would have picked him up and cut BSP, he looks like he would make a good 3rd stringer.

Depending on if Sean Payton decides to carry two or three QB's (normally only carries two), we could have a chance to nab him. Although minus the Eagles game, IMO St. Pierre has played pretty well for being your #3 QB.

83-Steelers-43
09-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Well zoneblitz43, he was cut yesterday, but I don't think there is any doubt he will make the PS and after his solid showing in preseason, who knows down the road?

On another good note, H.B. Blades made the final cut with the Redskins. He was just one of two Redskin picks (LaRon Landry) out of five total, to make the final roster. :thumbsup:

The Duke
09-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Well zoneblitz43, he was cut yesterday, but I don't think there is any doubt he will make the PS and after his solid showing in preseason, who knows down the road?

On another good note, H.B. Blades made the final cut with the Redskins. He was just one of two Redskin picks (LaRon Landry) out of five total, to make the final roster. :thumbsup:

Jordan Palmer was released too, would have been nice to have 2 Palmer brother to beat up.

I really hope Palko finds a team

83-Steelers-43
09-03-2007, 12:21 AM
I really hope Palko finds a team

He was signed by the Saints (practice squad).

83-Steelers-43
09-06-2007, 09:32 PM
And he is now on the Saints 53 man roster......

Ex-Pitt star Palko added to Saints' lineup
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tyler Palko, the former West Allegheny High and Pitt standout, has been added to the New Orleans Saints' 53 man roster.

Palko had been on the Saints' practice squad but he will serve as the team's third quarterback tonight when New Orleans opens the season against the World Champion Indianapolis Colts.

The Saints released defensive end Rob Ninkovich to make room for Palko on the roster.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_526146.html