PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin on NFL Live

SalukiSteelers
05-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Don't know if anyone else watched, but if you get a chance to check it out, you should. Pretty interesting segment on our new guy. John Lynch said he made him a better football player. Tomlin said he doesn't feel intimidated about following Cowher but walking past the five Lombardi trophies is a little intimidating.

cbalke
05-03-2007, 09:26 PM
days/times? i'd love to see this. :)

FastWillieParker39
05-03-2007, 10:19 PM
did anyone else notice when Michael Smith said "4 Lombardi's" I was like "thats 5 thank you very much" lol

tony hipchest
05-03-2007, 10:34 PM
did anyone else notice when Michael Smith said "4 Lombardi's" I was like "thats 5 thank you very much" lolno but i did hear when he said tomlin would win a couple of championships guaranteed, was destined for greatness and said he would last longer than 15 years in pittsburgh. :thumbsup:

hines ward still seemed a little skeptical saying it was "weird and different" around the facility now. it will be nice to see him show a little more enthusiasm like ike taylor or big ben (or even like darren sharper and john lynch did in the piece- they are obviously sold that tomlin can get it done)

Preacher
05-04-2007, 12:21 AM
hines ward still seemed a little skeptical saying it was "weird and different" around the facility now. it will be nice to see him show a little more enthusiasm like ike taylor or big ben (or even like darren sharper and john lynch did in the piece- they are obviously sold that tomlin can get it done)

I know... I wish that too... but it must be hard to have so much loyalty.. then see so many leave. I can understand that as well.

tony hipchest
05-04-2007, 12:42 AM
I know... I wish that too... but it must be hard to have so much loyalty.. then see so many leave. I can understand that as well.he's about as loyal as it comes. he showed that after 2004 when he thought that jerome was retiring. look how that rubbed off on all the other players when jerome came back for 1 more year.

if hines could show that same type of loyalty to his new boss, i think it would go a long way with the team and establish him as the team leader. but if the team sees him skeptical, its likeley some of the younger peers like holmes may be skeptical too.

fansince'76
05-04-2007, 12:42 AM
I know... I wish that too... but it must be hard to have so much loyalty.. then see so many leave. I can understand that as well.

Yeah Preacher, I can understand it too - after all, until now, Cowher is the only HC Ward has had in his NFL career. Big change for him.

tony hipchest
05-04-2007, 12:56 AM
im not a guy who has a bunch of hobbies. football is my hobby.
they just happen to pay me to do it

-tomlin on the "drudgeries" of being a coach

TackleMeBen
05-04-2007, 07:19 AM
I seen it and thought it was good. Mikey T looks like he wants to come out and win a championship this year! Its nice to see that he and his qb are on the same page... they both want to win. How many days until opening day????????????????????????:bouncy:

Buzz05
05-04-2007, 08:17 AM
I saw it on Outside the Lines on Sunday I think it was...after watching that it really made me atleast a believer. It seems everyone Tomlin has coache in the past is drinking the Mikey T Kool-Aid. Even John Lynch who was a pro-bowler before Tomlin even got to Tampa and yet Tomlin still coached him to make him better and Lynch was all about it. Havnt heard a negative thing yet from an ex player.

And I was diggin the old W&M highlights as well.

Justin Otstott
05-04-2007, 09:06 AM
I must have missed it, damn....

Hamer
05-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Anybody have any idea if/when it'll be rebroadcast? anyone put it on youtube?

memphissteelergirl
05-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Dag...I gotta get cable! :dang:

TackleMeBen
05-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Anybody have any idea if/when it'll be rebroadcast? anyone put it on youtube?

I think it will replay on ESPN at 2:30pm est today.

coachspeak33
05-04-2007, 10:26 AM
It was a wonderful piece...about 6 or 7 minutes....I felt very comfortable with him after seeing it....seeing his demeanor....he does have a swagger that is quite unique....very anxious to see camp open up....

Atlanta Dan
05-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Caught it on SportsCenter around 7 last night

I agree it is too bad John Lynch sounded much more enthusistic about the hire than Hines, but Lynch has not seen one of his long time peers get his walking papers and another bogged down in a contract dispute in the brief time since Tomlin arrived. When it comes to Hines' future with the Steelers after 2007, "ask not for whom the bell tolls - it tolls for thee."

I was impressed by Lynch describing how Tomlin broke down film on Lynch's plays from the prior year and then told Lynch this is how you can be even better. I know Ike Taylor is getting that sort of attention to detail from tomlin.

Of course this is typical new coach happy talk when every new guy has a combination of Lombardi's motivational skills and Walsh's football smarts - the only HC hire I recall getting trashed before the season even started was when Barry Switzer took over in Dallas.

TackleMeBen
05-04-2007, 10:38 AM
It was a wonderful piece...about 6 or 7 minutes....I felt very comfortable with him after seeing it....seeing his demeanor....he does have a swagger that is quite unique....very anxious to see camp open up....

I agree with you.. There is something about Mikey T that makes you say.. we have a heck of a coach

Fire Haley
05-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I think Tomlin will come in and bust some underachieving butt, that's why the vets are all askared of him....."Oooooo there will be changes....Oooooo"

Quit yer cryin'
Cut the dead weight! Cut the fat! The SB Victory Lap year is history. 8-8 is unacceptable.

Somebody has to light a fire under them...Tomlin will have his work cut out for him...they all got fat, happy and lazy.... and Cowher let them. He didn't give a crap anymore- no wonder Ben is so happy to have a new HC....now we just need to make sure Bens brain damage has cleared up....as he goes, so goes the team.

steelersfanman92
05-04-2007, 09:27 PM
did anyone else notice when Michael Smith said "4 Lombardi's" I was like "thats 5 thank you very much" lol

Yea same here don't take the one for the thumb away from us!!

FastWillieParker39
05-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Yea same here don't take the one for the thumb away from us!!

they probably did because "the refs gave the Steelers the game" blah blah blah

TackleMeBen
05-05-2007, 01:43 PM
I think Tomlin will come in and bust some underachieving butt, that's why the vets are all askared of him....."Oooooo there will be changes....Oooooo"

Quit yer cryin'
Cut the dead weight! Cut the fat! The SB Victory Lap year is history. 8-8 is unacceptable.

Somebody has to light a fire under them...Tomlin will have his work cut out for him...they all got fat, happy and lazy.... and Cowher let them. He didn't give a crap anymore- no wonder Ben is so happy to have a new HC....now we just need to make sure Bens brain damage has cleared up....as he goes, so goes the team.

Very good post. I couldnt agree more. I cant wait to see how training camp goes, no more movie night for the boys... :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
05-05-2007, 01:50 PM

Michael Smith knows Jack Diddly and squat on the Steelers when it comes to championships.

cbalke
05-05-2007, 07:26 PM
michael smith is my least favorite commentator...ever. wayyyyyy too arrogant for his position/status/knowledge of sports.

TackleMeBen
05-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Smith is a Boston homer