PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn and the Pack

Jeremy
05-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Under consideration: McCarthy confirmed the team's interest in free-agent wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson, saying the opportunity to add someone who can help the team would never be overlooked.

"I think any time you can upgrade your football team, whether it's a veteran or a younger player, it's something you have to look at," McCarthy said. "Obviously, Keyshawn's been very effective, very productive in the National Football League. I think you have to look at all those situations and that's what we do."

The Packers have an interest in signing Johnson, but they are competing with a lot of teams and probably would have to outbid the rest to get him to play in Green Bay.

Milwaukee Journal

Livinginthe past
05-05-2007, 01:23 PM
I doubt it will be enough to pacify Lord Favre who is said to have been 'royally' (pun intended) p*ssed at the Packers missing out on Moss.

Personally speaking, when you have a team with as many areas to address as Green Bay have you should be looking to give young talent a chance to prove themselves in the NFL.

I think Keyshawn would be a nice pick up for a number of teams, but only if that team was within touching distance of the postseason.

Adding a guy like Keyshawn, a 'last piece of the jigsaw' type, will do little to enhance the Packers long or short term prospects.

I think Chicago, San Diego or Jacksonville should make a move on this guy - i'd also throw the Steelers in there too (but I don't think they will pull the trigger).