PDA

View Full Version : You know what gets annoying?

FastWillieParker39
05-05-2007, 03:39 PM
All NFL fans other then the Steelers. I have a lot of friends who fans of other teams than the Steelers and this offseason SUCKS. When we talk about football they always ALWAYS talk shit to me about the Steelers not making the playoffs this year. I can't stand it I really can't. It's pathetic because one year, ONE YEAR they miss the playoffs because of unfortuante circumstances and they act like the Steelers are the joke of the NFL.

God I can't wait until playoff time next year and the Steelers are in it and I can tell all of them to shut up!

Is this going on with anybody else here?

MACH1
05-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah till I ask them how many sb's their teams have won. :wink02:

tony hipchest
05-05-2007, 03:45 PM
card carrying members of the "bill cowher and peyton manning will NEVER win the big one" club.

most people are just simply ignorant.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-05-2007, 04:24 PM
All NFL fans other then the Steelers. I have a lot of friends who fans of other teams than the Steelers and this offseason SUCKS. When we talk about football they always ALWAYS talk shit to me about the Steelers not making the playoffs this year. I can't stand it I really can't. It's pathetic because one year, ONE YEAR they miss the playoffs because of unfortuante circumstances and they act like the Steelers are the joke of the NFL.

God I can't wait until playoff time next year and the Steelers are in it and I can tell all of them to shut up!

Is this going on with anybody else here?

Screw them. Let them smack all they want. I put up with idiot Colts fans at work on dailey basis. All they can talk about is their man crush they have for Peyton Manning.lol

Elvis
05-05-2007, 04:27 PM
:smile: You Know What?
It doesnt matter who you are or where your at, the fans are the same everywhere and I have learned to accept that. And I can honestly say that I have done to people exactly what you are saying they are doing to you about our Steelers. Let them have their fun brother and just bask in the lime light of knowing that your Beloved Steelers are Back Baby!!!!
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Edman
05-05-2007, 05:27 PM
It's so easy. The Steelers have become the new team people love to hate. It's jealousy.

I look on message boards on most team sites and at least a select few hold something against the Steelers. Jaguar fans still hold some hatred, even though the old AFC Central rivalry ended 6 years ago. The Pats fans still get a kick out the Steelers' misfortunes and in case you didn't know, Seahawk and Bronco fans developed a sense of bitter hatred towards the Steelers.

When the Chargers beat us last year, Charger fans acted like they won the Super Bowl and like the Bolts dominated the game. We all know how their season turned out. :sofunny:

It comes when you're a winner. You just gotta take it.

Stlrs4Life
05-05-2007, 06:56 PM
All the time. I got to work with idiot Browns Fans.

ChronoCross
05-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Being back in the States and in Indiana, boy oh boy do we deal with fair weather fans in Colt Land. Wife works with Colts and Bears fans and I think she gives them more of a beating then they can give her. I get to see most of them when they come out to the farm for Bom Fires and I have had my share of run ins with fans that who are so idiotic that I even chased a few off my property. I think the best times I spent with other fans was while I was still in Germany watching games at the Sembach Combine Club (NCO), were we all set together and enjoyed the games and talked smacked but respected each other and downed drinks and ate up a tone of wings together.

X-Terminator
05-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I just ignore it. They only do that to get a reaction out of you, so don't give them one. It's all pure jealousy anyway, because most of those teams/fans would kill to have even 1/5 the success that the Steelers have had in the past 15 years alone.

SteelCityMan786
05-05-2007, 10:55 PM
I just ignore it. They only do that to get a reaction out of you, so don't give them one. It's all pure jealousy anyway, because most of those teams/fans would kill to have even 1/5 the success that the Steelers have had in the past 15 years alone.

I just tell people 5 Rings, and they still don't get it. When I use Championships, they don't get it. Philly fans act like it doesn't matter. One of my own friends that happens to be an Eagles fans say oh they've have 5 good teams. WRONG Try 75. Some Extremely Good, some not s good. and i say, once filthadelphia wins a Super Bowl, then talk.

Preacher
05-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Funniest thing...

It isn't bad out here.

Then again, if your teams are SF and Oakland, why would you have to smack talk about?

X-Terminator
05-05-2007, 11:19 PM
I just tell people 5 Rings, and they still don't get it. When I use Championships, they don't get it. Philly fans act like it doesn't matter. One of my own friends that happens to be an Eagles fans say oh they've have 5 good teams. WRONG Try 75. Some Extremely Good, some not s good. and i say, once filthadelphia wins a Super Bowl, then talk.

I generally take anything that comes out of a wannabe New Yorker's (aka Philthy-delphia) mouth with a grain of salt, because many of them don't have a clue as to what they they're talking about. The Steelers only had 5 good teams? Gee, then why do so many fans - Steeler and non-Steeler - agree that the '76 team was one of the best teams ever, and probably would have been considered the greatest of all time had they won the Super Bowl that year? Give me a break! I pretty much give the same answer you do when I do come back at fans like that - WIN SOMETHING, and then talk. These days, it's primarily reserved for Bengals fans :grin:

SteelCityMan786
05-05-2007, 11:21 PM
I generally take anything that comes out of a wannabe New Yorker's (aka Philthy-delphia) mouth with a grain of salt, because many of them don't have a clue as to what they they're talking about. The Steelers only had 5 good teams? Gee, then why do so many fans - Steeler and non-Steeler - agree that the '76 team was one of the best teams ever, and probably would have been considered the greatest of all time had they won the Super Bowl that year? Give me a break! I pretty much give the same answer you do when I do come back at fans like that - WIN SOMETHING, and then talk. These days, it's primarily reserved for Bengals fans :grin:

I don't reserve that for one set group. Especially since the majority I have to give that answer to are Eagles fans.

X-Terminator
05-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Funniest thing...

It isn't bad out here.

Then again, if your teams are SF and Oakland, why would you have to smack talk about?

That kind of surprises me, given that Oakland was our biggest rival in the 70s. I would have figured there'd be plenty of left-over hatred from that era. I admit that I'm not a huge fan of the Raiders and Al Davis, but I don't hate them - in fact, I respect the hell out of both of them and their history.

Preacher
05-05-2007, 11:59 PM
That kind of surprises me, given that Oakland was our biggest rival in the 70s. I would have figured there'd be plenty of left-over hatred from that era. I admit that I'm not a huge fan of the Raiders and Al Davis, but I don't hate them - in fact, I respect the hell out of both of them and their history.

Funny thing is... yeah... there is a give and take... and a distinct dislike...

However, there seems to be a respect for us old timer teams.... Unlike those young upstart child teams!!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I live in Cleveland and have to put up with the Clowns fans on a daily basis.

Basically,I tell them to win a Super Bowl and then talk...most of them tell me not to talk about Super Bowls,lol.

Preacher
05-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I live in Cleveland and have to put up with the Clowns fans on a daily basis.

Basically,I tell them to win a Super Bowl and then talk...most of them tell me not to talk about Super Bowls,lol.

Ever since Cleveland lost thier team... the rivalry hasn't been the same. I guess it is partly the way Steeler fans took them in, partly the fact that I for one, was overjoyed when they got another team...

While I lOVE to rip on Cleveland... It is just a little hard to rip on fans that were treated like dirt and had thier team ripped from them.

pittsburghp8baller
05-06-2007, 10:45 AM
yea i live in the middle of skins country and they have to be the biggest smack talkers even though they have nothing to talk about

HometownGal
05-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Just ignore 'em. Must be those green enemas they give themselves when they're all balled up from watching their teams go nowhere season after season.

Just makes me feel even prouder to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan when I hear them talkin' their smack. :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-06-2007, 11:17 AM
All the time. I got to work with idiot Browns Fans.

Try working with Bears fans who made the superbowl with their weak schedule..weak divison..weak conferance..and act like they were sooooo close to winning it all...(yea...if the game would have ended after the the opening kickoff return!!)

I will believe until the day I die..that as bad as Ben played last year...we were a better team at the end of the year then the Bears were!!!

polamalufan43
05-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Well, none of my friends really talk smack about the Steelers, whether it's because they like them or I'm standing within decking range of them, is beyond me. But as for the random people who come up who say that we suck, I just ignore it and laugh on gameday...
~Polaamlufan43:tt02:

FastWillieParker39
05-06-2007, 12:58 PM
I also think the reason why people exploded and said "Super Bowl XL should have been Seattle's" and saying that "the refs gave us the game" is because we are the Steelers. People just try to find excuses for us to lose.

Now if roles were reversed and Seattle got those same calls do you think that the national media would have made it a big deal?.......i doubt it.

Indy_Steelers
05-06-2007, 01:58 PM
I kind of enjoy it. Strange isn't it? It just let's me know that they are jealous and that we set the standard. As fans and our team. Living in Indy thought the fans here are horrible for the most part. They wanted to fire everybody from Polian on down to Meaks at the end of the season but after the SB they all flipped. Fans here do not even wear Colts gear. Before the SB I was told that they do not wear Colts shirts because they are embarrassed by their playoff record and after the SB they have told me that they wear it because some one bought it for them. SB XLI was the second most watched SB and yet no one is buying Colts shirts. There are good Colts fans but they are few and far between. All I have to say to Colts fans is January 15 2006-21-18. So if they want to say we suck and they can not beat us...what does that say about there team? That goes for Bengals fans too. I have found out that the fans who run their mouths the most are jumping on the bandwagon. Real fans can trade barbs in jest and can also show respect.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-06-2007, 02:06 PM
I kind of enjoy it. Strange isn't it? It just let's me know that they are jealous and that we set the standard. As fans and our team. Living in Indy thought the fans here are horrible for the most part. They wanted to fire everybody from Polian on down to Meaks at the end of the season but after the SB they all flipped. Fans here do not even wear Colts gear. Before the SB I was told that they do not wear Colts shirts because they are embarrassed by their playoff record and after the SB they have told me that they wear it because some one bought it for them. SB XLI was the second most watched SB and yet no one is buying Colts shirts. There are good Colts fans but they are few and far between. All I have to say to Colts fans is January 15 2006-21-18. So if they want to say we suck and they can not beat us...what does that say about there team? That goes for Bengals fans too. I have found out that the fans who run their mouths the most are jumping on the bandwagon. Real fans can trade barbs in jest and can also show respect.

As a fellow Steelers fan living in Peyton Land....I can back this up and know exactly what you're talking about.

TackleMeBen
05-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I dont have to worry about that b/c i live in lions land.. and they havent done anything to talk smack about. but when i lived in ohio i use to wear michigan stuff just to make the osu fans mad..lol

Hamer
05-07-2007, 08:38 AM
yea i live in the middle of skins country and they have to be the biggest smack talkers even though they have nothing to talk about

LOL! No kidding! People around here talk smack all off-season every year! Then suddenly after a month or two into the season it gets real quiet.....
T
But it's a sure bet every year no matter what record the Steelers end up with, it'll be better than the Washington (Fore)Skins!!
They never learn....

SteelersTilIDie
05-07-2007, 09:22 AM
i think that the steelers will make the playoffs...they just had a superbowl layoff last year

Buzz05
05-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Anytime a RatBird fan talks any trast I just hold up my five fingers and waive to them. That usually shuts them up or they come back with some kind of ridiculous comment that makes no sense

memphissteelergirl
05-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Try living down here where the majority of fans either are Cowboy or Titans fans.
Titan fans I can pretty much deal with....but it's the Cryboy fans that have this blind hatred for the Steelers. But they can playa hate all they want....I know I back the best team in pro football....they don't like it, screw 'em.

:tt02: :tt02:

stlrtruck
05-07-2007, 01:15 PM
What's funny, actually it's sad, but none the less, when a fan of another team comes up to me and starts ranting and raving about the Steelers, only to find out that their team has consistently sucked and not made the playoffs let alone been able to win a Super Bowl - I just show them the 5 hand and walk away.

blitzburgh pavs
05-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah it def. gets annoying, one of my good friends is a ravens fan whom doesn't really bother me because he knows how good the steelers really are. The other though is a falcons fan and thinks mike vick is the greatest. He is always talking about how much better vick is than big ben. I do the same thing as the rest and say win something but he tries to tell me you live in the past talking about that and says im looking at this year coming up. I guess when you never win one thats what you start to say. All I can say is the steelers are the greatest team of all time. I know we share most superbowls with dallas and san fran. but really dallas should only have 4 and we should have 6 had neil o' donnel not sold us out. People are always going to hate you when you are on top, and we will continued to get hated because the steelers will always be the greatest franchise in football history.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!:cheers:

rbryan
05-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah it def. gets annoying, one of my good friends is a ravens fan whom doesn't really bother me because he knows how good the steelers really are. The other though is a falcons fan and thinks mike vick is the greatest. He is always talking about how much better vick is than big ben. I do the same thing as the rest and say win something but he tries to tell me you live in the past talking about that and says im looking at this year coming up. I guess when you never win one thats what you start to say. All I can say is the steelers are the greatest team of all time. I know we share most superbowls with dallas and san fran. but really dallas should only have 4 and we should have 6 had neil o' donnel not sold us out. People are always going to hate you when you are on top, and we will continued to get hated because the steelers will always be the greatest franchise in football history.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!:cheers:

If we had taken Marino instead of Gabe Rivera we'd have 10.

MJ5150
05-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Fans talking smack is part of football. Come on. What do you expect, since the Steelers won five SB's, they are above reproach for all eternity?

Not many fans outside Steeler fans really care that the Steelers won the SB in 1975 and 1976. All they know is that we looked really bad this season, especially in the Oakland game, and getting it handed to us in both Baltimore games. That is what I deal with at least.

You know how lame it is to say we won the SB in 1979 and 1980 when someone starts busting on me for losing to the Raiders? Oh sure, it's cool to do the "got rings?" thing to them or hold up five fingers. But in reality, people just don't care about that stuff that happened 30 years ago.

In conclusion, I apologize for my pessimistic attitude. It just has not been a good week for me as a Steeler fan. The whole offseason thus far has stunk. Alan Faneca is one of my favorite all-time Steelers, and I am very sad how this it turning out. I was also a fan of Porter, and to see him get dumped broke my heart. Throw in this other dork getting popped in Vegas. I haven't seen much bright light since the SB win.

-Mike

Steelers
05-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Annoying?

No way! It just reinforces that the Steelers are number one. I'll be worried when we're NOT hated on because we're good.

Kittyfish
05-13-2007, 09:50 PM
I just tell people 5 Rings, and they still don't get it. When I use Championships, they don't get it. Philly fans act like it doesn't matter. One of my own friends that happens to be an Eagles fans say oh they've have 5 good teams. WRONG Try 75. Some Extremely Good, some not s good. and i say, once filthadelphia wins a Super Bowl, then talk.Well, then, I guess the Eagles only had 5 good teams too (along with a couple of, oh, let's say "fair" teams, that lost to the Steelers twice in the 70s). And the 49ers had 5 good teams as well, and the Pats have had 3 good teams, and so on. And all the teams who have never won a Super Bowl (which would include the Eagles) have never had a good team at all, ever, am I right? I would be, using your friend's own logic. Because if the team is good, then it automatically wins the Super Bowl, and all other teams suck. Um, okay. I don't know a whole lot about football, but even I can see through that terrible argument.

Don't worry about it - as soon as the Eagles win a Super Bowl (heh), the Philly fans will be all about The Ring and The Trophy and acting is if they invented the game or something.

Good point about the 76 Steelers as well.

It was my understanding that the Steelers really weren't anything to write home about until the late 60s or so. Was I mistaken?

abgroove
05-14-2007, 04:16 AM
To quote Ric Flair... Whether you like us or you don't like us, sit down and look at it. 'Cause it's the best thing going today. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

They hate us 'cause they ain't us.

kmsteelerwr15
05-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Personally I love it when these "Panthers fans" try to trash talk me....and than when its half way through the year they are either not saying a word to me or jumping with another team, but my personal favorite thing to use is the five finger wave...works everytime!!!