PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know.....

FastWillieParker39
05-07-2007, 06:07 PM
where is a good site to find some of the "questionable" calls in Super Bowl XL? I keep looking on youtube over and over but can't find any. The reason I'm asking is because I want to prove to me Bengal friend that the calls were not BS.

Not trying to bitch about it just wanted to know if theres a good site anywhere because he is getting on my last nerve.

I know that there might not be a good place to find one because it was over a year ago but if anyone has seen good vids somewhere online anywhere it would be helpful.

Thanks!

The Duke
05-07-2007, 06:21 PM
if you trust wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_to_officiating_in_Super_Bowl_XL

Bigsteve332310
05-07-2007, 08:59 PM
heres a file that shows the "questionable" holding.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-07-2007, 09:23 PM
There is no way you spin a player around like that WITHOUT holding.

ChronoCross
05-07-2007, 09:45 PM
its pretty simple.. its a dead subject.. but like things even from the dawn of time it will be brought back up over and over and over. There was 1 bad call and missed calls on both sides. Otherwise it was a pretty good ref. People just do not want to face the fact that we did what was needed to win the game and the seahchickens did not. It is the 4th most watched event in the history of TV, which who says they did not watch it is well hey they did..

Basically I ignore them. Video and laser prove three out of the 4 calls that they grip and cry about are legit calls. But hey lets not bring up there holding and there pass interference they had that never got called, but all is good.

And if its a bengals fan then ask them how Carson is doing and why the last 2 years we have stopped there dreams.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_photos/2006-01-08-palmer.jpg

GBMelBlount
05-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Don't know where to direct you, but I watched the interview of the head of officiating. NFL network? He showed every call & the only one he thought was wrong was the one against Hasselback for the impropoper block/tackle.

verks36
05-07-2007, 10:11 PM
I found one on utube by some seahawks fan bashing the steelers let me look for it

steelwolf21
05-08-2007, 12:26 PM
It's why we need to get back to the superbowl pronto and quash these ugly accusations with a destruction of whomever is unlucky enough to face us. One of my best mate's over here is from Seattle and we watched that superbowl together. Afterwards he didn't like the call on the Hasselbeck interception or the holding, but admitted that both the holding and the pass interference probably weren't phantom calls and it was unlucky the Seahawks were picked up for it. He also agreed that the Big Ben touchdown couldn't be overturned, it was called a TD on the field and there wasn't enough evidence one way or the other during the challenge. So in the end he was really unhappy with one call but admitted the other three were, while unlucky, not evidence of a mass conspiracy on the part of the NFL to get a story book finish to the year, not bad for a Seattle guy I thought.

Indy_Steelers
05-08-2007, 05:25 PM
A good article
Here is a quote and why I do not like ESPN.

Most of this rage about the officiating has festered in the wake of ESPN's coverage of the Super Bowl, which was preceded by the telecast of the game by its big brother, ABC. The fact that the worldwide leader just might be fanning the flames of the controversy to boost its ratings and mask the fact that Super Bowl XL was mostly unwatchable is not going to be a topic you'll hear discussed much on Around the Horn.

http://sports.mcall.com/default.asp?c=mcall&page=nfl/misc/moss/scrimmage_020806.htm

I looked and looked but could not find the NFL Refs video for SB XL.

steelersfanmx
05-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Seattle did not play well enough to win, period.

IMO, the bigger story was not only that Steelers won the Super Bowl, but HOW they won... all on the road... and coming from a shaky 11-5 start... Big Ben not having a good day... and yet, they got the job done!... for me thats was AWESOME!...

FastWillieParker39
05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
A good article

Most of this rage about the officiating has festered in the wake of ESPN's coverage of the Super Bowl, which was preceded by the telecast of the game by its big brother, ABC. The fact that the worldwide leader just might be fanning the flames of the controversy to boost its ratings and mask the fact that Super Bowl XL was mostly unwatchable is not going to be a topic you'll hear discussed much on Around the Horn.

http://sports.mcall.com/default.asp?c=mcall&page=nfl/misc/moss/scrimmage_020806.htm

See that was a great article and I guarntee you NOT ONE ESPN writer would have the balls and write that.

Stu Pidasso
05-08-2007, 09:43 PM
***EVERYONE LISTEN UP***

I'm glad I found this thread. I have, in my possession, a DVD of the NFL Network's "Official Review" with Mike Perrera and Rich Eisen where they go through each controversial call, and explain why they were called that. It aired a few days after SB XL.

If anyone wants a copy, PM me and I'll send you a copy. It runs about 10 minutes. You won't be disappointed.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Easier...and better off in the long run to get rid of the Bengal friend!!!:sofunny: :sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-09-2007, 10:10 AM
A good article

Excellent Article!!!!

fansince'76
05-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Just another symptom of the politically-correct, let's-all-join-hands-in-a-circle-and-sing-Kumbaya, nobody-loses bullsh*t mentality that has been festering for a number of years now. Nobody loses anymore, they just get screwed by the refs. Other examples besides SB XL were the major whinefest over USC losing to Texas in the Rose Bowl about a month before SB XL and the whinefest by Mavericks fans after they lost to the Heat in the NBA Finals last year. Once and for all, to all the crybabies out there wherever you are, here's some cheese to go with that whine:

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

Indy_Steelers
05-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Easier...and better off in the long run to get rid of the Bengal friend!!!

:thumbsup: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :cheers:

vader29
05-09-2007, 08:32 PM
NFL head of officials Mike Pereira evaluates the Super Bowl calls video can be found at nfl.com/video/2005/22
In the video features scroll down almost halfway to find it.